The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pokemon GO

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 11 2016 on  10:27 PM
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Jul 11 2016 on  08:02 PM
Sorry to hear it! I'm lucky enough to have a small-time provider here that offers unlimited data at very low rates, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to play, either.
Which provider do you have?  I'm looking into options for several different reasons.  Maybe, just maybe, I can afford getting off of my parents' plan.
I use Cricket Wireless. They just got bought by AT&T, though, and I'm really hoping they don't jack up the rates tremendously :bang

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I use AT&T and so far the rates aren't jacked up

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
I just want to say a warning for everyone. While Pokemon Go is getting people fresh air I will say it can get creepy at night. There were a ton of people at my apartment compex walking around looking for pokemon. However it was 2:00am and I have to say thats a little creepy.  

So please everyone be careful when you are playing Pokemon Go and try not to go into areas you are not supposed to be in.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just found a Pokemon go meetup group in my area so happy.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've never been into Pokemon at all so it was clear from the minute I heard about this game that I wouldn't be playing it... ever. While the general idea is good (getting people to go outside for a change), it simply has way too much potential to become too addicting. I've literally just turned my back on an online game I've been playing everyday since two years because it really prevented me from doing other things. I fear it would be the same with Pokemon GO because if I do something, I wanna be good at it :p
Inactive, probably forever.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's a neat social game but I'm heartbroken that you can't level up PokÈmon by battling wild ones like you do in the Nintendo games. It also feels pretty pointless to have a PokÈmon game where you can't battle any PokÈmon in a traditional sense. Why can't I battle my friend's PokÈmon Gameboy style? Why did they reduce the battle mechanics to simply swiping to dodge

It's a gross simplification and it's lack of features that made the Nintendo PokÈmon games so engaging makes it little more than an excuse to go for a walk. That on its own is cool but it feels like such an epic dropping of the ball on what could have been a fricking AMAZING PokÈmon game. Instead it suffers from the same over Simplicity and pure grindynsss that we see all the time in mobile games these days. Sad times.  :(

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't play as much but I need to start playing more

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
A game for idiots who don't realzie they are being controlled by this game.   Why would a normal person go several km somewhere he wouldn't even go otherwise just to "catch a Pokemon" aka do few taps on his phone?  Stupid is not even a word to describe it.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Guess I'm an idiot that is controlled by his phone then. Wow, didn't know that.

Aside from that aspect, I do play from time to time. Not going out just to play it, but when I'm outside I check if something is nearby every now and then.
The coolest experience I had so far was on a friday, the day before GalaCon Ludwigsburg happened. A lot of guys I knew were there, so we walked around a bit catching and discovering stuff together.

What's kind of a bummer is that I live in a somewhat small town, there are no gyms, just a few pokestops and you barely find new Pokemon. Still happens from time to time though.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kinda rude there otter I also play every once in a while. I don't play much because I'm to darn lazy to go outside these days. And for what it is it's actually quite fun to play. Just to see if anything is available.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wouldn't call people who play it stupid but Jelly Otter does have a point. A good point. It's time that's wasted, kind of. Like I said in my original statement, its potential to become an addiction is simply too high and the game can control you easily. I know what that's like to be controlled by a game, forced to log in several times a day to be successful at it... just believe me  :yes

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No jelly doesn't have a good point Pokemon Go is getting a ton of people outside and they're getting lots of exercise with this game. And it's developing friendships a lot of friendships I've seen online. So it's a very good fun game that helps make friends on real life.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, can't stop people from playing, everybody has to decide for themselves how much they let the game control them. ^^ If you do it like RS, no harm's done but hearing about people walking around in the middle of the night seeking pokemon just makes me facepalm, I can't help that :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I've been loving Pokemon Go! I even wrote an article on it, though I had to qualify that the game's a little unfair to higher-level players at the moment. Still, it's definitely worth trying out for the camera and GPS-integration, it's a big step forward in social gaming.

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Still, anyone playing this game, even out of boredom, looks stupid from outside, put themselves in danger & provoke other people.   You're outside & walking - that's good, but you're still looking at the screen, missing a lot of stuff around & wasting your time doing something that's absolutely pointless - going somewhere just to tap on your phone & get a pride of "now I have it".  Laying on a sofa watching TV or playing a normal video game is same time wasting, but you're either enjoying it or chilling or getting new infos.   With Pokemon GO someone is forcing you to go somewhere without any valid reason.
How about this?   Imagine a new trendy thing in the world: would you go some random place shown on the map just to fart there & be proud you did it?  You must hurry cause the point will disappear & your fart won't be recorded if you didn't make on the spot in time.  Each time the mark on the map tells you need to appear there & fart louder than previously.  Your phone recorder would show if you succeeded your task.  I think it's same effect.   And you will also meet same autistic farters there too to become friends with & then say how this sort of game "changed your life for the better".   I laugh at all of you who became slaves of their phones.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree leuttce Pokemon Go is fun it's a awesome way to to get out and socialize and interact with people that you meet who're also playing this good game. I should play more often but right now it's to hot outside.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Still, anyone playing this game, even out of boredom, looks stupid from outside, put themselves in danger & provoke other people. You're outside & walking - that's good, but you're still looking at the screen, missing a lot of stuff around & wasting your time doing something that's absolutely pointless - going somewhere just to tap on your phone & get a pride of "now I have it". Laying on a sofa watching TV or playing a normal video game is same time wasting, but you're either enjoying it or chilling or getting new infos. With Pokemon GO someone is forcing you to go somewhere without any valid reason.
How about this? Imagine a new trendy thing in the world: would you go some random place shown on the map just to fart there & be proud you did it? You must hurry cause the point will disappear & your fart won't be recorded if you didn't make on the spot in time. Each time the mark on the map tells you need to appear there & fart louder than previously. Your phone recorder would show if you succeeded your task. I think it's same effect. And you will also meet same autistic farters there too to become friends with & then say how this sort of game "changed your life for the better". I laugh at all of you who became slaves of their phones.
I do not question your statements but the way you say them is a little... too harsh maybe? Don't wanna see you get into trouble because of a (stupid) game. It's not worth it :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's just a game that people like so who cares if people play it. They're not bothering anyone so stop insulting them.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Haven't played the game because it turns people into sheeple and the game is stupid, and because you play it you're stupid blah blah blah blah
Quote from: I love Jelly Otter,Aug. 22, 2016 on  05:30 A.M.
And you will also meet same autistic farters there too to become friends with & then say how this sort of game "changed your life for the better". I laugh at all of you who became slaves of their phones.
I think I dislocated my eyeballs with how far back my eyes rolled at this.  :rolleyes:
Psh, moving on...

I haven't been able to play because I used all my Poke Balls and the nearest Pokestop is a 15 minute drive away. I can't drive because anxiety; I get mini panic attacks just driving passenger side. Plus, the latest updates have made it dang near impossible to catch low level Pokes. I had a Staryu slap my last 3 Poke Balls, the little bugger. I'm going to stockpile Poke Balls from the Pokestop until they can iron out the bugs. If I can get over my anxiety while driving, I can get my driver's license so I can drive my "stupid" butt to town and walk around becau-ALL GLORY TO THE POKEMON GO APP!!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lucky for me my town is packed with poke stops all very close together. I had no clue how many stops I had in my town.