The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What... Is up.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm'a round to help the wiki out I guess, but I joined this forum just because I thought it would be appropriate. And you know what? This place looks comfy. Not in a creepy way though.

If my contributions to the wiki are not good, please tell me. I won't be doing groundbreaking stuff, just minor edits.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 26 2010 on  06:44 PM
Hello Campion! :wave Welcome to the GOF!
oh my gosh a fellow watership fan

This is like a 2/20 chance bro

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Campion! :) Feel welcome here :D

You can call me Iris if you feel like it.

The wiki is a separate site from this one ;)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The wiki is a separate site from this one ;)
So wait, not many people from the wiki come here, or what?

Also, I recognize you now from inle's forum now, arvens. We didn't talk much though. (I was Madnam.) Or maybe you did, but no one goes there anymore, so it really doesn't matter. Good to see you again, though.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well there are quite some people from the wiki, actually! :) They will introduce themselves to you quickly :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jul 26 2010 on  07:47 PM
Well there are quite some people from the wiki, actually! :) They will introduce themselves to you quickly :)
Well that would be rad. Because it looks like unregistered people do the most editing.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Jul 26 2010 on  07:43 PM
Also, I recognize you now from inle's forum now, arvens. We didn't talk much though. (I was Madnam.) Or maybe you did, but no one goes there anymore, so it really doesn't matter. Good to see you again, though.
That's quite correct. :)  There are a couple of Watership fans here.  Inle posted here a bit a while back, but I haven't had any luck in contacting her recently. :(  Shame.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's quite correct. :)  There are a couple of Watership fans here.  Inle posted here a bit a while back, but I haven't had any luck in contacting her recently. :(  Shame.
Well that stinks. She's probably done with the whole forum thing then

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a lot of fun here and meet many new folks, good luck.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Welcome to The Gang Of Five, Campion1! :smile

I’ve done a little bit of LBT Wiki editing myself, but the vast majority of my contributions to the LBT fandom have been on this site. :p

Just out of curiosity, what’s the significance of your screen name? (As in where did you get it and/or what does it mean?) :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, Kor. Straight be trippin on the sunny side, yo.
Just out of curiosity, what’s the significance of your screen name? (As in where did you get it and/or what does it mean?) :)
My name is reference to the character "Campion" from the Watership Down book/tv series, which also had an animated movie.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Jychara

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, both of you. I'm really starting to enjoy this forum.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
By Frith and Inleh, you will find some other fans of Watership Down on this board Campion1 Rah ;)
And many who are involved with the Wiki.
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community, please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
:wave Hey there Campion! :wave

Welcome to the Gang of Five forum. We have a few people involved in the LBT Wiki page but always good to have another contributor join our ranks. Glad to have you on board with us. Cya on the forum! ;)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you, littlefoot1616.
By Frith and Inleh, you will find some other fans of Watership Down on this board Campion1 Rah ;)
And many who are involved with the Wiki.
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community, please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes
Heeh  :)

Dude, I read your posts in that lbt10 thread about Bron, and jeez, you really hate that guy. I guess I would feel a different way about the movie after reading those posts, but you seriously digged farther down than writers were (probably) thinking. (Not that that's a bad thing at all, I enjoyed reading your posts, along with pokemonplayer, or whoever) I could approach your analysis, (I'm unemployed and it's summer vacation right now, so I have all the time in the world) but I'll just say that lbt10 wasn't a thinking film. Same with lbt5, which left Chomper's family on an island where there wasn't any prey around to feast on. It DOES beg thought since it's backstory is linked to the original, but that kind of thing would only happen out of attachment to the first. Littlefoot met his long lost father, was prepared to accept a new family member (Shorty), and had to make the choice between Family VS Family. You have to agree with me that this shows major character development, and further illustrates the type of bond that littlefoot has with his friends. If you're up to challenge that, I'm all for it. :) You're definitely a healthy thinker.

EDIT: The only thing I seriously questioned in this movie though, was why littlefoot was not angry that his father couldn't protect his mother

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Heya!  :wave
I'm not involved with the LBT wiki, but still a warm welcome from me.  :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't really think that it is the guy (Bron) I am hating, but the way they just shoved him in with total disregard of pretty much everything. Neither his story nor his actions during the span of the movie itself are plausible (and I don't think particularly likable either). Anyway, I laid out my points and why I think the way I do in the other thread so I won't hijack your welcome thread for it ;)
I don't fail to notice the sensitivity of some scenes in LBT 10. I think some of the ideas had great potential, but that they were too careless and unconcerned to allow for that potential to evolve into something really good.
Having read some of your posts I think that we share some views on LBT, but if we are going to totally disagree on any given points I am still looking forward to posts from someone who expresses his views, likes to go into detail, and reads as well as writes :yes