The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

BIG lipped alligater

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Anyone whos seen all dogs go to heaven should remember the BIG lipped alligater ........ :blink:

is it male or female , why does it have BIG lips and why a bone in its nose ???????
ok , its defaintly  the weirdest thing Ive ever seen  :lol  and it sings , lets make music together ..... NOOOOOO !!!!!  :lol  :blink:  :blink:

why does it have weird worshipers that are mice , weird mice ?????  :bang

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's just a completely pointless scene the writers put in for reasons even we can't fathom.  At least it has spawned a meme for itself.  The Big Lipped Alligator Moment Meme!  The rules are simple.

1. A scene that comes right out of nowhere.

2. Has little to no bearing whatsoever on the plot.

3. Is WAY over the top in terms of ridiculousness, even for the context of the movie.

4. When it's over, no one ever speaks of it again in public.

I'm sure you'll find more if you look.

In all honesty, I don't know why the writers did that.  No one does.  Just do your best to enjoy it's madness, even though you probably won't. :)

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: guidolover,Jan 8 2012 on  01:05 PM
is it male or female
It was a male, just look at the name of who provided the voice: Ken Page.

why a bone in its nose
According to wikipedia, the alligator was a voodoo witch doctor (which would make sense by looking at where he lives), so that would explain why.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I know...it was soooo weird...MarzGurl's explanation about the alligator said it all. Anyways here's a great song I'm listening to I want to to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHBxX0zRBcQ

Oh, and I would suggest to watch the music video for it, too, it's really well done!

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Nice song , HEY  was that  a big lipped alligater moment when you metioned the song ! ?  :lol  :lol

Anyway , I found a big lipped alligater moment in my neighbour totoro !
 ( studio Ghibli film )  After the girls met their dad at the bus stop a random toad apeared just before it changed scene !  :lol

Totoro !! :lol

if you notice any other Big lipped alligater moments in films , tell me , their funny !  :wave

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I loved that song as a kid as well. It was nice and catchy.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
The scene you just mentioned in Totoro would not be a Big Lipped Alligator Moment.

A BLAM is a far, far over-the-top sequence that is never mentioned again. For example:
* The Fire Gang in Labyrinth
* The Tunnel scene in the original Willy Wonka movie
* The scene that coined the term in All Dogs Go to Heaven

Like said before. The toad does not count...it was just one little silly moment, but not a  BLAM

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if it would count, I'm guessing it may not, but in My Brave Little Toaster there's a scene with singing in a natural setting with animals and  afterwards it's as if it never happened and seems oddly out of tune to the movie, to me anyway.  

I do agree about the Willy Wonka tunnel scene, it is way over the top, to me, and seems to come from nowhere.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
oh , I guess it was just a random moment then  :lol I love that film !

I wonder if there are any more in all dogs go to heaven ?....

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
There's a whole list of B.L.A.M.s on this page...

Of course, it's on TvTropes, which everyone knows can be "hazardous to your health"...

Bruton the Iguanodon

I loved that song as a kid as well. It was nice and catchy.

Did you have the CD? Or did you hear it on the radio? If so, I envy you cause here where I live the only song of her's that plays anymore is "Torn".