The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Songs of LBT 2, LBT 3 and LBT 4

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I noticed that Heather Hogan, voice actress of Ducky from LBT 2 to LBT 4, hardly ever sings.

The first three sequels had 4 songs sung by the Gang and 5 songs sung by villains or grown-ups. From those four songs, namely 'Peaceful Valley', 'You're one of us now', 'Kids like us' and 'It takes all sorts' feat. Ali, Ducky only sings in the songs of LBT 2 and only in 'You're one of us now' she has a short solo part. In the other two songs she only talks in the songs...

Is it possible that  they made so much songs without the Gang singing because Heather couldn't sing very well?
Or is it even because of the director of LBT 2 to LBT 4( can't remember the name :bang)? After all Charles Grosvenor didn't made much songs w/o the Gang(and many voice actors changed  when Grosvenor took the job to direct the movies)...

What are your thoughts???
Inactive, probably forever.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Ducky123,Jun 15 2013 on  09:46 PM
Well, I noticed that Heather Hogan, voice actress of Ducky from LBT 2 to LBT 4, hardly ever sings.

The first three sequels had 4 songs sung by the Gang and 5 songs sung by villains or grown-ups. From those four songs, namely 'Peaceful Valley', 'You're one of us now', 'Kids like us' and 'It takes all sorts' feat. Ali, Ducky only sings in the songs of LBT 2 and only in 'You're one of us now' she has a short solo part. In the other two songs she only talks in the songs...

Is it possible that  they made so much songs without the Gang singing because Heather couldn't sing very well?
Or is it even because of the director of LBT 2 to LBT 4( can't remember the name :bang)? After all Charles Grosvenor didn't made much songs w/o the Gang(and many voice actors changed  when Grosvenor took the job to direct the movies)...

What are your thoughts???
I guess she sang it almost great. :p  :DD  :lol  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not to sure why they did that. Maybe that might be the case who knows. If it is than they should have hired someone else to do her singing roles instead of her singing.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
*sigh* Personally, I've never liked Heather Hogan as Ducky. In the first movie, Judith Barsi was...well, pretty much an angel when she played Ducky. I believe it was her all-time favorite role to play. It's sad that she never got to see it herself because she and her parents were dead before the movie was even released.  :cry

With LBT 2, 3, and 4, I believe Hogan was simply a poor choice for Ducky. Her bland voice which just seemed to drag on...it seemed to make Ducky lose much of her cuteness meter. At least Aria Curzon gained her cuteness meter back...possibly overloading it?

As to why Hogan barely sang in those movies? Honestly, as Bill Cosby would probably say: "I don't know!"  :lol

And that's my two cents on this.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess she sang it almost great. dino_tongue.gif dino_happier.gif dino_laugh.gif Dino_grins.gif
I don't think she sang bad after all :)

I'm not to sure why they did that. Maybe that might be the case who knows. If it is than they should have hired someone else to do her singing roles instead of her singing.
If I remember correctly, Thomas Dekker sang Littlefoot in LBT 5 while another voice actor spoke him. He got the whole role for LBT 6 I think...
*sigh* Personally, I've never liked Heather Hogan as Ducky.
I personally like all of Ducky's voice actresses to be honest though Heather Hogan is my least favourite of them.
In the first movie, Judith Barsi was...well, pretty much an angel when she played Ducky.
She was sooo cute :wub angel is too weak, she was a god :smile
I believe it was her all-time favorite role to play.
Very likely  :exactly
It's sad that she never got to see it herself because she and her parents were dead before the movie was even released. dino_sad.gif
I didn't know she was killed before the movie was released... It's so sad she was killed. May she Rest In Peace :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
With LBT 2, 3, and 4, I believe Hogan was simply a poor choice for Ducky. Her bland voice which just seemed to drag on...it seemed to make Ducky lose much of her cuteness meter. At least Aria Curzon gained her cuteness meter back...possibly overloading it?
I'd have to rewatch the movies she voiced Ducky to agree on that... but I believe you're right(gotta watch These movies now :P:)
Well, Aria's voice perfectly fits Ducky's character imo. I agree that Aria gained more cuteness than Heather ;)

Like so many questions only the makers of LBT can give us concrete answers I believe. It's frustrating but we outta handle it or not. It's up to us whether we accept that or not :)

Inactive, probably forever.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, I mean, the singing is usually evened out in movies, especially depends which character it's centered.

I think Ducky sang in Peaceful Valley, Peaceful Valley (reprise), Kids Like Us, and It Takes All Sorts. Though I think they were all in a chorus. Not sure about the reprise

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, on both versions of "Peaceful Valley", she gets a couple of...I guess "echoing" solo lines. She and the rest of the gang only sang the very last line of "Kids Like Us" (which was the title line), and the rest of the song was Littlefoot singing it. Ducky did sing in the chorus of "It Takes All Sorts" as well.