The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Bashful One

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim felt something click within and noticed she has been humming along with Cyrix.  A part of her wondered what happened but most of her focused on continuing to work with Cyrix as a team.  She could think of what happened and analyze it later when there was time for such.

Littlefoot was making note of what they were doing.  Thinking having hands were handy.  Though 4 footers had things they were good at too.  Ducky was sorta watching and sorta starting to get bored and was looking around here and there.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
"And I think were done here..." said Cyrix as he turned to Mim and continued "What do you think, if we need anything more I'll send my nephew to go fetch it." Upon hearing his call Longtail's eyes snapped open and as quickly as he had fallen asleep he was up and at Littlefoot's side asking "What can I do to help uncle?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked over the work they had done.  "This should hold do. He as three legs he can walk on till his ankle is better.  I think we put enough medicine on his ankle too.  I have some of this tree bark he can chew or eat that will help relieve at least some pain if his ankle gets to painful.  "

Littlefoot nods, not saying anything for the moment.  

"So his ankle will be all betterer soon?" Ducky asked.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix chuckled lightly and said "Yes Ducky, it will very, very soon." He smiled at Mim still feeling that click he couldn't describe.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "He'll be well very soon." She said.  She then turned to Cyrix, "Did you feel that, ... that happened while we were working?" She asked meaning the click but not able to find a word at the moment to describe it best.

"I'm glad." Littlefoot said.  Ducky nodded in agreement.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodded and said "Yes...I did, but I can't describe it, perhaps it would be better if we talked in private." He then looked to his nephew and said "you may want to help Vylor here get to his feet before you start playing again." He then looked to Mim and motioned for them to walk over away from the group.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked at Vylor, "Have fun, but be careful, no backflips till your ankle is fully healed." She said, attempting a weak joke before going over with Cyrix.

Littlefoot looks at the others, "So what do you guys want to do?" He asked.  

"Something maybe with no running." Ducky suggested.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail nodded and replied "That would be a very good idea." He then watched his uncle walk away with mim into the nearby trees. 'I wonder what he's going to talk to her about.' he said to himself. He decided to follow them anyway.

Cyrix felt he and Mim had walked far enough away from the children, he turned to Mim and said "What do you think that....feeling was? Because I can't begin to imagine what would cause me to start humming like that." He was confused and hoped she could give him an answer.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim thinks for a moment, "Perhaps a mental link could be one possibility.  That could be one of the effects that may manifist.  That could be one explaination of why we were both humming the same at the same time."

Littlefoot thought for a moment, "Rock rolling to each other doesn't need running, same with watching the two footers do log running." He said.

"Both sound like fun, what do you guys think?" Ducky asked the others present.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"It is possible, but has anything like that ever been done before by anyone else?" asked Cyrix. Longtail was sitting in a nearby tree, out of the way, but close enough to hear what was being said "Mental link? What the firewater is that?" the young flyer asked himself.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim thought a moment, remembering the few memories she had from her childhood with her parents. "There was a story that some ancestors of mine had something like that.  I don't recall if was my great or great great grand parents."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodded and then asked "So if this link runs in your family, how does it work? That may give us a clue as to what happened." He was getting interested now as mim continued to talk. Longtail however was just getting bored and he decided (in all his childlike wisdom) to jump down and surprise the two rainbow faces. And that is exactly what he did, he jumped from the tree, and shouted "BOO!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim thought a moment remembering, "The story goes that they could..." then she jumped as Longtail did what he did.

Littlefoot and Ducky waited to see what the others would say.  "If you have any ideas speak up." Littlefoot said and Ducky nodded in agreement.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I vote for something where I could relax." Said Vylor, starting to stand up. His ankle didn't hurt him at all.

"I personally don't have an opinion. I'll do whatever everyone else is doing." Said Argaya.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix however at Longtail's little stunt wasn't the least bit affected by his little stunt. Cyrix then smiled and said "Mim and I have an announcement for you my nephew. Mim care to take it from here." he looked to his mate and smiled hoping she would continue the sentence.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim quickly recovers from being startled.  She looks at Longtail, smiling a little, "Well.. Cyrix here asked me to be mates with him and I accepted." She said.  She thought it was best to get to the point and not drop hints in a situation like this.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail not actually knowing what the word 'mates' meant simply replied with a confused look and said "What are you talking about?" Cyrix smiled at his nephew as he replied "In a few seasons you may have a cousin to look after!" Longtail's face then brightened as he finally caught on...

"Oh..." and then he proceeded to pass out, with his uncle catching him in the last moment. "Ahh....my nephew is is too predictable." said Cyrix with smile on his face.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looks at Longtail.  Since Cyrix isn't showing any signs of concern she didn't feel concern either.  "Is he prone to fainting?" She asked.  She thought a few monents then smiled. "I hope my reaction isn't the same when our first egg hatches.  Whenever that happens."

"Well if we do Log Running we four footers can rest.  That is a game for 2 footers not 4 footers like we are."  

Ducky nods, "I remember when Cera tried to join and what happened, I do, yes I do.." Ducky said, she caught herself from mentioning Cera hurting her ankle since that may remind Vylor of his own ankle."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix chuckled at his nephew as he replied to mim's questions. "Only when he is surprised...and I imagine having another little one to look after is a surprise indeed for him." He then turned to her and replied "Don't worry, when the time comes for our egg to hatch, I'm sure you will be perfect....just like you are now."

Ruby and Chomper both nodded to each other, and got ready to play the log running game, as they had been practicing when they could...the duo now knew they could have a chance against Ducky.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"If I can relax, I am fine with it." Said Vylor.

"Same here. I personally just want to rest." Said Argaya in agreement.