The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Bashful One

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Kragoth looked seeing that he was now outnumbered.  

'Where are those two idiots when I need them most?' He wondered to himself

"So then, it comes to this." He finally said "I'm getting far too old for this, I'm not the fighter I used to be. So I call a fair truce"

'I cant believe I'm doing this...' he then thought to himself

-----------

Blackclaw was limping away yipping like an injured puppy, he was in fact pretty beat up and bruised

"He's getting away!" called one of the adults and they chased him into the forest

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky and Petrie stay in their respective places.  Littlefoot and Mim drag the tied and muzzled fast biter along drawing close to where they originally came from to see if there is anyone else nearby they can see or hear.

"I hope the others are ok." Littlefoot said around the length of vine in his mouth.

"I'm sure they are doing well." Mim said.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail frowned and said "Sharpteeth don't make truces! This is some kind of trick!" then Grandpa Longneck said "Yes...if Longtail hadn't awakened when he did, we would still be fighting isn't that right sharptooth?!" Longtail nodded his head and said "No deal! You aren't getting off that easy!" Grandpa longneck then reared back once more to try and crush Kargoth, just as Longtail charged forward to draw his attention...he shouted "How about a nice beating instead!"

-----------

Cyrix on the other hand was watching what was taking place with Kargoth from behind a bush and decided at that point that hiding was no longer an option as he stepped forward and declared "Yes sharptooth your end has come!" the rainbow face then charged Kargoth from behind following his nephews line of thought about keeping Kargoth busy while Grandpa Longneck finished his attack.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Kragoth was instantly plummeted into the ground by the elderly longneck's weight. He let forth a terrible and agonizing scream, struggled beneath the weight and was just as sudden attacked all at once by the other two dinosoars.

moments followed and the old raptor lay motionless, crushed and battered on the ground. All sign of life were beaten out of him, and his body lay dead where it had stood moments before.

Kragoth the elderly fastbiter was no more.

---------

Blackclaw heard the distant scream of his father, it was in that instant he knew something was going down. despite his bruises and broken bones he hastened his escape trying to get back to his father. The angry stampede of adults were not too far behind him, their intentions were clear.

To slay the fleeing fastbiter or see to it he was out of the valley for good.

---------

Agnog was slowly starting to come to, he started to realize that he was being dragged about like a sack of potatoes. He continued to fake his unconsciousness and listened. Not entirely sure where he was. Or what was going on. One thing was certain, the ones dragging him were of the leaf eating type.

---------

Denton ran about the forest, frightened and half lost. He did only what he knew best, to travel what trails he could find and hope it lead him out of the thick forests. He wanted dearly to be with his mother, or to bump into one of his new found friends

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Argaya noticed Agnog's return to consciousness, and hit him with another blast of lightning.

"I'll go find Denton." said Vylor, and walked into the forest.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim & Littlefoot continued to drag the bound fastbiter back till they arrived at the area they had arrived from originally.  They saw Littlefoot's grandfather in front of them.  Hard to miss a full grown longneck who's side is to you.

"Grandpa!" Littlefoot said, as he opened his mouth and ran forward, stopping helping to drag the bound fast biter.  Mim stopped to rest a bit, while keeping an eye on the fast biter, guessing he was either faking his being unconscious or would awaken.

Ducky was with the other kids like before.  Petrie now feeling rested took to the air to see how things were going and if his friends were ok, and the scary sharp teeth were away.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck looked over and smiled as brightly as the bright circle does every morning at seeing his grandson safe and unhurt as he replied. "Littlefoot I was beginning to worry about your safety. Now to deal with the other sharpteeth in the valley!" "Yes, but now we need to find Denton...he's still out there!" said Longtail with a look of worry on his face. "Uncle Cyrix let's go look for him!" Cyrix nodded his head and looked over at Mim and said "Are you going to be okay without me?" blushing a bit as he did.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Here's another." Said Argaya as she dragged Agnog into the area.
"Vylor's going to find Denton, Longtail."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "Yes, unless you want me to come along."  She then used her thumb to point to the bound and muzzled fast biter, "What shall we do with him?" She said.

Littlefoot looked at his grandfather smiling, "I'm safe, I went to try to stop the fast biter since I couldn't let him harm any of the young or small ones in the valley and Mim was with me."

Mim nods, "He was holding onto his tail.  But we do need to find Denton, he's a young longneck who doesn't know this valley to well yet and can easily get lost.   Maybe some of the flyers can help you find him, or Chomper if you can find him."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail then remembered something important as he shouted "I can find  him a lot faster with my sniffer just give me a moment...." he took several deep sniffs of the air around him...and said "I got it! He went this way!" Longtail then proceeded to run in the direction Denton went after seeing the sharpteeth.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot went following after Longtail, doing his best to keep him in sight.  

Mim looked around a bit.  "I guess I'll stay with whatshisname.  Unless they want him drug somewhere." She said, preparing to rest while keeping an eye on the fast biter.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton stopped, now finding himself in a bit of a cross in the trailing. He looked from side to side then forward trying to figure out which way he should go. Not too far he heard a loud commotion, the snapping of twigs and rustling of the brush and just at that very moment Blackclaw scampered out from one of the trails, panic stricken.

Blacky turned seeing Denton who himself stood startled of the fastbiter's sudden appearance

"You!" he snarled in their tongue. It was little to no surprise that Blackclaw knew how to speak their tongue as he unlike his brother had learned bits of it from his own father.

Suddenly the brush around them was rustling and the large herd of adults found their way to the spot. Blackclaw quickly made a grab for the young longneck just as they came into the trail clearing.

"Come any closer then this little brat gets it!" Snarled Blackclaw

He held his sharp claws towards Denton's throat threateningly

"If you let me go, I'll release him." lied Blackclaw. He had no intentions of doing so but rather planned to flee the valley with a free meal.

The adults stood a slight distance from the fastbiter looking at Blackclaw and Denton, not knowing how to proceed their attack without hurting the child. Seeing this, Blackclaw took the opportunity and turned to make his escape, following the trail that lead to where his father was heard screaming moments before.

"Let me go!" Screamed Denton as he struggled in Blackclaw's grasp.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail could hear a commotion up ahead, and he suddenly heard a voice he remembered 'That sounded like Denton! He must be close!' thought Longtail...however as fate would have it his head came into direct contact with Blackclaw's foot as he came running down the path, tripping himself, Longtail and forced him to drop Denton who up until a moment ago was being held by the escaping sharptooth.

As Longtail rubbed his aching head...he looked over and sure enough his sniffer had led him to the one person he was hoping to find! "Denton!" cried Longtail with joy, but the moment he looked at the little longneck did he realize that Blackclaw was there as well, and immediately Longtail stood ready to do battle with another sharptooth...but first he grinned and said

"Don't worry Denton...this sharptooth looks like a scardy-egg...he'll be easy!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Argaya hurtled into the area. Out of her mouth came a vortex of wind.
"Let him go. Now." She said menacingly.

Vylor then stumbled upon the area. He began invoking words in the ancient language.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot come up a bit behind Longtail.  "We both can take him." He said.  He wasn't sure if he could himself but he figured they both could, or perhaps he could provide a bit of a distraction while Longtail or others came to get into the fight.

Mim kept an eye on the bound and gagged fast biter.  She went over to a nearby tree to see if she could easily find any crawlers to eat while she kept an eye on the bound fast biter.  She also wondered if the elders of the valley would prefer him drug somewhere.  Then she thought if they did they can drag him there themselves, most of  them were larger and stronger then she was.

Ducky was with the other kids as before, and Petrie was flying around to see how everyone was doing.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor finished the spell, and Denton vanished. He appeared behind Vylor moments later.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked behind him only for the briefest of moments and noticed Denton was now standing behind Vylor, and said to himself 'That's a nice trick...gotta see if I can learn how to do that'

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Longtail, I would act now." Said Vylor.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Blackclaw growled at his attackers, seeing that he was once more open for an attack he turned and hightailed he way through the thick forest. He ran as fast as his injured body would let him until he finally found himself in the clearing where he had left his father to duel with Longtail earlier.

Blackclaw looked seeing his father's body sprawled about the forest floor.

"You old coot! This is no time to sleep, get up!" demanded Blackclaw and he ran to his father's side

"I said get up! They're coming for us!" he demanded again.

He stood there momentarily looking at the corpse before it finally registered to him the obvious.

"No! Stupid Stupid old fool! Dont play this game with me! awaken!" and he gave the corpse a light kick. Kragoth's body remained there, as still as the earth and as silent as the forest around them. Blackclaw was now breathing heavily, his heart thumping rapidly as the reality began to set in. He then took in a deep breath and exhaled:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail had immediately gone after Blackclaw and arrived just as he realized his father had left this world and he replied "He left us no choice....so how does it feel to lose someone special to you? Does it hurt...do you want someone to suffer...cause for the longest time I did...I wanted the next living thing I came across to die a horrible fate...now you know how it feels."