The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blackclaw's Dark Ambitions

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nodded saying, "Follow me." To whoever would follow behind him."  He started to do his best to get to safety so he could let Ducky off and then go back himself, avoiding as many red horns as he could.  He disliked leaving but also guessed that would let the larger folks focus on the red horns and not on also accidentally harming smaller folks like himself.  Ducky continued to hang on tightly.  "I wish they would go, yes I do." She said at one point.

Mr Thicknose want sortof along with Littlefoot, providing distraction and bumping, and charging any red horns to try to give Littlefoot, and any others who went with him as clear a path as he could.  

Mim nodded and ran to one side of the large swimmer.  Once past she did her best to avoid other red horns and instead of going for her max speed did her long distance travel run speed instead and headed to some likely spots where Cera's dad was.  She may not like his personality much but he at least did have some morals and Longtail should be safe near where he was.

Petrie heard all the noise coming from behind him and decided to circle back to see what all the noise and commotion was that was going on.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I think this time he speaks the truth. He's felt enough pain." While the others immediately left, Zaine knelt down beside Kor.

"Look, I understand how you feel about your son and mate, and I'm sorry you had to lose them, but taking it out on Longtail wasn't going to help. If you killed him, you would only feel guilt for the rest of your life." He stood back up and ran to join Littlefoot and the others.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Ateo narrowed his eyes at the scene before him. It seemed like the redhorn was giving up. 'Well..so would I if that were me...' Ateo thought to himself. He stood his ground and waited for Korr to make the next move. He'd never met Korr previously and isn't sure whether to trust Korr's words or not.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Korr blinked at Zaine's words and sighed..."Perhaps you are right young one...but I will tell you this...the next time I see that freak again, with or without your help...I will see him dead at my feet." With that said Korr slowly and carefully rose onto his feet and looked over at Syruis and Ateo nodded and limped off into the surrounding trees with the rest of his herd in tow. 'I'll be seeing you again little green longneck.' Korr said to himself.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine watched Kor limp away. We'll meet again Kor, and next time I'll be ready. Zaie then caught up wuth Littlefoot and the others. "How's Longtail?" he asked.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot shrugged, "I hope he's ok, I saw Mim grab him and take off that way." He said using his head to point and look in the direction he saw Mim take off, which was a brief sight.

"Is it all over.?" Ducky asked opening her yes, "I hope it is, I do." She said.

"It looks like it's over, for now at least." Littlefoot said looking at her then at Korr.

Mr Thicknose nodded, "I hope it is.  Hopefully the red horn will learn some wisdom from this, though that does seem unlikely." He said.

Mim continued running for quite a distance till she was sure she wasn't being followed then slowed down, "How are you feeling?" She asked Longtail once she had slowed down, not looking at him so she could keep watch on the ground.

Petrie had come partly back and saw Mim runnng off with Longtail and decided to follow, in case he could be of some help and be a look out for any danger on the ground.  

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Something tells me we haven't seen the last of him, but for now let's enjoy what peace we have." Zaine then looked at Littlefoot.

"I know you feel that I don't need to apologize, but I can't help it. I'm so sorry that you guys got involved in this mess."

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ateo watched the herd of redhorns begin to walk away, and sighed. 'At least it's over.' He thought. He then realized he hadn't made sure Longtail wasn't seriously hurt. Looking to where he saw Mim take off, and started to head in that direction.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail for his part was struggling hard not to scream, instead opting to just let the tears fall from his eyes, as the pain was undiscribable. When he tried to speak he muttered "I-I...c..can't...fly." In truth his whole body hurt in places he didn't know he had, and his shaking wasn't really helping either. He then took a hoarse and jagged breath, closed his eyes, and forced himself into sleep hoping it would help dull the pain.

Cyrix however was frantic as he had lost sight of Mim who he knew had Longtail and he was searching for the both of them, when he spotted Ateo walking off and hoping he had some idea where Mim was decided to follow him.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ateo continued to walk forward, quickening his pace a little. He then reared up on his hind legs to get a better view, and eventually spotted two shapes, and recognized them as Longtail and Mim. He called out "Hey! Rainbowface! The one holding that flyer with the super long tail! Is he all right?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim slowed once she came near where there was a flat area with some flowing water nearby and some shrubs with the sky obscured over head to provide plenty of light.  She made sure no red horns were where she could see and stopped there trying to gently put Longtail on the ground on his back so she could then try to examine him to see what sorts of injuries he had.  She got some water in one of her hands and started to try to clean him off if it looked like he needed it so she could more easily examine him.  

At the sound of the voice she turned around and shook her head a bit, "I think he's been injured but I'm not sure, I've just started to examine him.  I'm sure the run didn't help any but that was sadly unavoidable.  Though he's unconscious at the moment." She said looking at the longneck as she spoke before she want back to examining Longtail to assess his injures and what treatment would be needed.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ateo nodded, continuing the trek over. He stopped briefly, sensing someone was following him. He turned his light blue eyes to look behind him, and spotted another rainbowface.

"Hello. Who are you?" He asked.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Syrius sighed and soon left the scene

"I am getting too old for all this fighting. And boy, my tail sure itches from those hits."

"Uncle Syrius!" came a young voice, Syrius turned to see Brice and Ellie running towards him

"You were awesome back there!" Called Bryce "When I grow up, I want to be just like that!"

"I said that once myself." sighed Syrius "You'd probably best avoid such dangers as I have encountered growing up."

He turned and continued his treck leaving the two younger duckbills to ponder his words

Uncle Ellith... why did I have to be like you? thought Syrius with a sigh and he hung his head as he made his way to his resting area

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix stopped a few feet from Ateo and said "My name is Cyrix...I'm Longtail's uncle, but I need to know if he's okay...did you see a female rainbow face come this way...please I need your help!"  

The fresh water however stung Longtail's wounds and even in his pain induced sleep he cringed and blinked once and quietly said "please help....uncle Cyrix..." before falling back into unconsiouness.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yes." Ateo nodded, gesturing towards the direction he saw Mim. "They're over there. The female rainbowface said she thinks the flyer is injured and she is going to examine him. She also said he's unconscious."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Upon hearing what Ateo said Cyrix said "Thank you!" And ran ahead moving as fast as he feet would take him, and in moments he was skidding to a stop right next to Mim and he looked down and frowned. His nephew was indeed hurt, and he sat down next to Mim and said "Please let me help...any way I can. And thank you...for saving his life."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if he could hear her or not Mim still said, "Your uncle is safe and sound.  As for Korr last I saw he was doing well, and Syrius was hitting him around like Littlefoot and Cera do tree seeds." She said, as she finished cleaning his wounds to get a better look at them.  She then paused to see if there would be further response before she went to get some leaves and other things needed to start treating his wounds as well as 2 flat looking rocks and a piece of vine.  

"You keep him company, I have an idea for an altered form of the usual form of treating wounds." Mim said.

Longtail being a flier gave Mim an idea for a different method of treatment.  Must of his body had to often flex and move as he moved around so regular treatment with leaves and vines may not work.  She came back with the 2 flat looking rocks and put them down near Longtail then went off for the leaves and bit of vine.  Once those were gotten she want back to where Longtail was.

She set his wing then checked to make sure she had done it properly.   She then rinsed the 2 rocks in the nearby water.  Then she set the more flat looking one down and holding bit of vine in one hand started to crush it a bit between the 2 rocks holding the other one in her other hand.  She stopped when she saw she had a soft looking end.

Then she stuck one end in her mouth for a bit.  She took a few tree stars and some leaves good for treating wounds and crushed them between the two rocks, getting a type of paste.  This she started to add to Longtail's wounds using the soft vine end.  She recrushed new leaves when she started to get low and needed some more.   She kept working till she was pretty sure all of his wounds had been covered.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine walked up towards Mim who was busy treating Longtail. "I'm sorry if I'm interrupting. I had to see how he was doing. I wanted to talk to him before all this, and I never got the chance."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As Mim treated his wounds Longtail slowly opened both of his eyes and took another deep breath to make sure he was still alive. Then he looked over and saw his aunt Mim and his uncle Cyrix waiting for him to awaken....then he noticed something else as well...his body felt warm...it was then he noticed he was covered in some sort of goo...he was too weak to raise any questions. He then looked to his left and saw his new friend Zaine was there as well. He managed a weak smile and said "A-are...you....okay?"

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ateo had advanced forward a bit, but paused, keeping his distance from where he could see Longtail with the rainbowfaces. He slowly narrowed his eyes, trying to assess the situation. It didn't seem like they needed his help. Nevertheless he decided to stick around for a bit. He decided to eat, and began to snag leaves from the tree he was standing next to.