The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 78419

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Hmmm... Perhaps we can add a branch to this log later, that will have "leafs" on it showing what buffs/debuffs affect character's  stats. :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
wow its really improving, now I really can't wait for V 0.22.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just a quick post to let you know I've fixed the tree bug and now I'm just making collision work properly.  It's just a matter of time now. :)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, there we go!  Tree collision officially WORKS! :D

I just want to get a few more things working before I release a new version: Mainly, the new buttons, as well as a functional experience point progress meter.  

I also want to tweak some things with the loading of files, to hopefully save some memory.  Once I'm done all that, I'll post up v0.22!

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, it was actually the stupidest thing.  Mumbling put it best by saying it was "like taking out the battery and putting it back in". :p

When I set up collision on the tree, the collision box was rotated 90 degrees, like you saw in the picture.  Weirdly enough though, if I remove the tree from memory and reload it in this order

1) Load tree
2) set up collision for tree
3) remove tree from memory
4) load the same tree

Collision works just fine and the box rotates the right way!  Ugh, software sometimes... :bang  :bang  :lol

DualXz

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow, it progressed a lot during this three months, its getting better and better.

Just a quick question, about the sound, the use of the LBT songs from the movies and stuff, will it be added later on?
Just thought I would ask this.

It's just that I had this idea yesterday when I was hearing "Beyond the mysterious Beyond", that we could sing the songs, us, and then put it there, just for a test or something :p

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
unfortunitely none of the music from the films will be in the game, Action9000 said he would compose the music and to tell you the truth, he did a great job doing it.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DualXz,Sep 22 2009 on  01:42 AM
Wow, it progressed a lot during this three months, its getting better and better.

Just a quick question, about the sound, the use of the LBT songs from the movies and stuff, will it be added later on?
Just thought I would ask this.

It's just that I had this idea yesterday when I was hearing "Beyond the mysterious Beyond", that we could sing the songs, us, and then put it there, just for a test or something :p
As Belmont said, there won't be any music from the land before time in the game. Simply because it's copyrighted. Tim will compose the music for the game later, which will have the same feel to it. I'm sure that'll be awesome :)

Action9000 said he would compose the music and to tell you the truth, he did a great job doing it.

Belmont, the music that is in the game now is not from Action9000. It is from two different music people and is just temporary to see if everything works :)

DualXz

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Aww, a shame, but it makes sense, forgot that its copyrighted.
Anyway, I can see the game is going on pretty well, and, if possible, I would like to help anyway I can.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Mumbling is right, I'll be composing original music for the game.

Anyway, just letting everyone know that an update will be coming soon!  I'm going to bed now but I have almost everything done that I wanted to and all the big problems are solved. ;)

All I have left that I want to do for this release is to have a functional Experience point system (a basic one at this point, obviously, but I'd like to start getting its functionality coded in).

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have just completed the introduction of an Experience Point system.  Talking to your proper NPC now awards you with enough points to gain a level, as well as a little more, so you can see the behaviour of the EXP meter in the bottom left.

I want to do some more tweaks before I release v0.22, such as making the gray buttons functional, moving the NPC chat window up a bit, making it possible to show/hide the EXP meter..things like that.  I'd say it's going really well though!

Check this out: The Experience/levelling system, functioning properly.

DualXz

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow! It's getting really great, exp bar, lving up, I can surely say great job, but I rather say aewsomeness :yes , great job, can't wait for version 0.22.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
WOOOOOOOOOW!!!, its looking good ,now I really can't wait for version 0.22  :wow  :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot, glad to hear everyone's excited! :D
v0.22 coming soon, I promise! :lol

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I think I'm just going to to have to echo previous sentiments and say WOW!
It's looking fantastic!
Ooooh, I'm so excited to try it out!
I might not be able to until my new computer arrives... :bang
But still! Super excited :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kewl! :D

Okay, everything works now that I mentioned in my previous post, except for the show/hiding of the EXP meter.  I'm just working on that now and I'll post up v0.22 when it's done! :D