The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

what would you like to see in a LBT sequel?

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
uh I'll let you guys and gals go first then I'll tell you what I would like to do.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
OK OK I'LL TELL MINE. what ever happend to the edit butten?

I'd like to see (and I've said this many times on here) Ali come back. I'd like to see a Littlefoot and Ali love connection and I'd like to see Bron make a comeback too.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I, myself would like to see Ali return again.  In fact, several of us members would enjoy having Ali return and having a love relationship with Littlefoot.  Of course, we just can't expect the writers to bring her back just to end up having a relationship with Littlefoot.  However, that doesn't mean that they wouldn't do it as a subplot.  Something that makes sense.  A basic reason for her return, and some sort of new adventure that we would never expect.  One that would work with the whole LBT movies.  In fact, I know one member here who would really enjoy that. :)

Now, there's a reason that Bron should return.  It's basically because he has a few things to clear up that Malte has been able to point out that just don't make sense at all within the series.  In fact, I am beginning to accept most of his points, but that doesn't mean that I haven't stopped enjoying LBT 10.

If you want to check out mine and Malte's little debate on this movie, go here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...p?showtopic=483

Of course, over all that debating, I have been able to satisfy him with at least one point. :)

Now, the return of Bron would mean the return of Shorty, as Bron did finally adopt him.  And if you add in Ali returning as well, just imagine the little fued that would happen with these two "brothers." ;) A little competition for the one you love. *sighs* I love it! :^.^:

I wouldn't mind a few of the villians returning as well.  Ozzy and Strut returning would be very nice.  I'm sure the moment they run into Littlefoot and the gang, they'll want their revenge. :) Malte's story of "The Cold Time", I must say, works very well with this.

Then there's Sierra and Rinkus.  Now there's a couple of villians that down right scared me. *shudders* Them returning would be very nice.  But I wonder what kind of plot would work with those guys.  Ah, the possibilities. :^.^:

Pterano has no longer been accepted as a villian, and others within the valley getting to accept him once again would be a very nice subplot to work with.  In fact, there were speculations with LBT XII, with the name and all, being Pterano's return.  However, all speculations have died now thanks to the information we have recieved from Aria, who plays the voice of Ducky. :^.^:

What I want as a main plot?  I'm not sure of yet. -_- As long as the writers stay within the means of LBT, I think we can accept whatever they come up with. :^.^:

Well, that's all I can think of. :)

(Boy, do I know how to abuse smilies or what? :lol)

Well, see ya later. B)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'd return the series to form and remove all the ridiculous songs, and only play them at the ending credits. The last time they had a truly good song was about six sequels ago.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
uh pokeplayer I think sierra and rinkus were destroyed were they not? I saw the rock expload. if that didn't kill them I don't know how they would have survived the blast of that rock. also sence shorty is a diffrent type of dinosaur I don't think he and littlefoot would go on a feud to win Ali over. (the idea of outa species relationship be a little strange for LBT don't you think?) but its more of how Bron would think of a relationship with LittleFoot and Ali. its allways the parents that gives it a problem.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
uh pokeplayer I think sierra and rinkus were destroyed were they not?
No they weren't. You could see them being hurled away by the blast. They landed on a rocky shelf that looked pretty much like the one where Pterano had his VIC song. Here is a picture in which you can see Sierry being hurled that way (he is in the the background).

The next moment you could see the two of them lying there intertwined. They sure looked smouldering and rather battered, but they were groaning and definitely alive.
The last time they had a truly good song was about six sequels ago.
Which was that last song you liked WR?
Now, there's a reason that Bron should return. It's basically because he has a few things to clear up that Malte has been able to point out that just don't make sense at all within the series.
I'm afraid that if they bring Bron back (quite possible), they still wouldn't bother to even try to correct the mistakes in Bron's story. I'm afraid they would just go on. How could that story be fixed anyway (suppose that would be a question for our LBT 10 thread).
In fact, I am beginning to accept most of his points, but that doesn't mean that I haven't stopped enjoying LBT 10.
I'm glad to hear that. Spoiling the movie for anyone has never been my intention, but I do say why I am disappointed of it and why I don't take Bron's story.
Now, the return of Bron would mean the return of Shorty, as Bron did finally adopt him. And if you add in Ali returning as well, just imagine the little fued that would happen with these two "brothers."  A little competition for the one you love. *sighs* I love it!
I thought about something similar for one story. However, whith my immense reservations against Bron I don't suppose to ever write that story. The "competition" and anything going on between Ali and Littlefoot however would and should remain very harmless. I don't think there would be anything far beyond what we saw in LBT 10 which also makes any concerns on Bron's part (I'd almost say non of his business considering his behavior!) very unlikely. Remember, they are kids!

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
they are kidds!

hmmmm I don't know about that. in some cases they act like 13 year olds rather than 6 year olds. but there is no doubt these "KIDDS" can't get the shall I say "HOTS" for the oppesset sex. its a natrual thing and can happen at any age.

oh by the way Malt279 thanks for clearing that up about Sierra and Rinkus for me. I didn't remember if they survived.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, the last LBT sequel song that I really, really, adored was "Always There". "Bestest Friends" in LBT10, I believe, was far from bad, but I never really got into it. Aside from that, all the others either are completely forgettable as far as I'm concerned, or were so bad that they are permanantly branded into my brain so they that they can torment me for he rest of my life. (Remembering the "Lone Dinosaur" song. *shudders and is tempted to shot self*)
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Always there is certainly one of my favorites as well. While I do like Bestest Friends and won't find anything to say against it from the musical aspect it is my general opinion on LBT 10 which unjustly put the song a bit down in my evaluation. Both of these songs are sentimental themes, and sentimental themes in general are the tunes I tend to like best, while songs such as "Who needs you?" are definitely the bottom of the scale for me. I do see why you refuse the dinosaur songs and it was somewhat similar for me when I first saw; yet I grew quite accustomed to it. While it is not one of my favorites I don't oppose the "Lone Dinosaur" either. It's simply a matter of taste I suppose and each one may think of the other one's taste what he or she wants to think about it  :lol: No discussion possible on that I reckon.
One more sentimental song of the later movies which I really like would be "No one has to be alone".
Anyway if it comes to the question of new movies I would opt to keep the songs provided they are not getting bad altogether. This is where the taste matter comes in I'm afraid :lol
but there is no doubt these "KIDDS" can't get the shall I say "HOTS" for the oppesset sex. its a natrual thing and can happen at any age.
I'm sorry, but you are contradicting yourself with these two sentences.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
WHAT? NO! I said that even though they are "KIDS" it doesn't mean they can't have the same emotions as any one else. and! they CAN most deffently begain a relationship BY WILL!

thus they can and will gain intrest with the one that strikes that emotion.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Children that small do not begin relationships yet.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
well you guys beleave what you want to beleave. BUT I stand by what I think.

ANYWHO what would you like to see or what would you change in a LBT sequel?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Think what you want,b ut you're dead wrong.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think what TITANOSAUR means is that you can devlop a CRUSH for someone at ANY age.  I believe that to be true since I know a friend of mine got one at the age of five.  Prove me wrong now. :p

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't have to. Yes, crushes happen, but relationships don't happen until way later. The children will have to be much, much for anything like that to happen. Top that.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm already finished with this conversation fellas I'm just waiting for someone to change the subject.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd like to see a spin-off series. Sure, the plots would be similar, but I think it would be interesting to see how different characters handle them, instead.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aside from that, all the others either are completely forgettable as far as I'm concerned, or were so bad that they are permanantly branded into my brain so they that they can torment me for he rest of my life. (Remembering the "Lone Dinosaur" song. *shudders and is tempted to shot self*)
Probably reading my "Top Tracks" (bottom section of the page) on this link won't be a great idea for you then, WR! :lol
http://www.last.fm/user/action9000/
That's what happens when I write MIDI files to songs without turning off my last.fm plugin, which captures the songs I play. :P:

Anyways, what would I like to see in a LBT sequel?
First of all, Here is the main element I'd like to see altered in future sequels:

-Sharpteeth: They've become embarrassingly unintelligent and conflicts with them have become rather uninteresting, especially since LBT 8, with the sharptooth being hit by the snowball.  LBT 10 was some of the weakest performances I have ever seen from a sharpteeth (especially from Three sharpteeth!).  LBT 11's 'tickling scene' wasn't any better.  I'm looking forward to some more intelligent sharpteeth. We can deduce that at least some sharpteeth are intelligent based on the actions of the sharptooth from the original LBT, as well as sharpteeth in LBT 3 (who worked together as a team reasonably well).  We saw in LBT 2 and 5 that sharpteeth also live family-based lives, and bond together, as any other creature.   I'd love to see some more intelligent aspects being shown in the sharpteeth.  Perhaps a male and female teaching their child how to hunt, or an intelligent couple hunting together without a child, would be for an interesting element of a sequel.

(BTW Malte and Adam, My Internet is working perfectly again now. :wow It was just something with my ISP.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sharpteeth: They've become embarrassingly unintelligent and conflicts with them have become rather uninteresting, especially since LBT 8, with the sharptooth being hit by the snowball. LBT 10 was some of the weakest performances I have ever seen from a sharpteeth (especially from Three sharpteeth!). LBT 11's 'tickling scene' wasn't any better. I'm looking forward to some more intelligent sharpteeth. We can deduce that at least some sharpteeth are intelligent based on the actions of the sharptooth from the original LBT, as well as sharpteeth in LBT 3 (who worked together as a team reasonably well). We saw in LBT 2 and 5 that sharpteeth also live family-based lives, and bond together, as any other creature. I'd love to see some more intelligent aspects being shown in the sharpteeth. Perhaps a male and female teaching their child how to hunt, or an intelligent couple hunting together without a child, would be for an interesting element of a sequel.
I definitely second that!  :yes
Also after two sequels with Chomper they still avoided really addressing the most significant problems about such a sharptooth / leafeater relationship. I wonder if Littlefoot would never feel compeled to think of his mother when he sees Chomper and his parents. I admit though that the topic is extremely difficult and there is no "solution" that wouldn't be at least somewhat utopic.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
wonder if Littlefoot would never feel compeled to think of his mother when he sees Chomper and his parents. I admit though that the topic is extremely difficult and there is no "solution" that wouldn't be at least somewhat utopic.
While this is a very interesting topic, perhaps it is too mature for an LBT film.  Such a concept in a well-written LBT fanfic could prove to be quite interesting, however.  I would love to see this done in the films, but I don't suspect it will ever be explained in any detail.

We can only hope the TV show addresses the leafeater/sharptooth conflict somewhat.