The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

what would you like to see in a LBT sequel?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think what the writers were trying to do for those disapproved ones, was trying to find new ways to defeat the sharpteeth.  You've gotta at least give them credit for trying to be creative.

LBT 10 was some of the weakest performances I have ever seen from a sharpteeth (especially from Three sharpteeth!).

Well, they were at a disadvantage.  It's not easy to balance on a slope and fight at the same time.  They were up against 4 fully grown longnecks, all of which most likely knew how to fight sharpteeth, despite one being injured.  Add in a bunch of other factors that mainly revolve around timing, and they can't help but look pathetic in their situation.

I wonder if Littlefoot would never feel compeled to think of his mother when he sees Chomper and his parents. I admit though that the topic is extremely difficult and there is no "solution" that wouldn't be at least somewhat utopic.

Hmm, I think Littlefoot thinks of his mother quite regularly.  A horrifying image such as that does not leave peacefully.  It sadly haunts you for the rest of your life.  How he's able to stay happy through his life is beyond me.  If you ask me, Littlefoot has alot of courage to face his demons within. :) (This requires more wisdom than knowledge to understand.)

Well, it's late here, and I'm tired.

See ya in the morning. :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Well, they were at a disadvantage. It's not easy to balance on a slope and fight at the same time. They were up against 4 fully grown longnecks, all of which most likely knew how to fight sharpteeth, despite one being injured. Add in a bunch of other factors that mainly revolve around timing, and they can't help but look pathetic in their situation.
Plus the longnecks are invulnerable  <_<
Though one sharptooth bites Bron's legs, the teeth don't leave so much as a scratch. How severely injured Pat managed to catch up with the kids who had run at the appearance of the sharptooth (whether upon his order or not, they did leave him behind after all) is hard to explain. Harder to explain is the strong backbone Shorty must have considering that a sharptooth treading upon him will slip rather than crushing him. It feels hard to consider something of such careless lack of realism original.
Hmm, I think Littlefoot thinks of his mother quite regularly. A horrifying image such as that does not leave peacefully. It sadly haunts you for the rest of your life. How he's able to stay happy through his life is beyond me. If you ask me, Littlefoot has alot of courage to face his demons within.  (This requires more wisdom than knowledge to understand.)
While Littlefoot may think of his mother regularly, he never ever shows it in the presence of Chomper. I find it quite remarkable that he of all who may have a better reason than anyone to dread and dislike sharpteeth is the one who will not waver for a second in his trust towards Chomper, when even sweet-tempered Ducky and Spike won't feel at ease. Looking at Littlefoot's personality this kind of conduct doesn't seem to unrealistic for him, but a kind of inner conflict might perhaps be an enrichment to the story. It is kind of strange that while LBT 5 was the first ever sequel to mention Littlefoot's Mum they didn't draw the line between remembering her fate and Littlefoot's friendship with a species. I admit though that the result would be a difficult topic for an LBT story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Plus the longnecks are invulnerable <_<
Though one sharptooth bites Bron's legs, the teeth don't leave so much as a scratch.

I think I figured out how to get around that.  Indeed, it doesn't seem to make sense when we consider what one bite in the back did to Littlefoot's Mother.  However, maybe there is one concept we didn't think of.  I'm guessing that the skin of a longneck is rather tough to break through and requires a special method to tear it away from the body. (A few modern day animals actually have skin that is rather tough for a predator to break through.) Maybe Sharptooth knew how to break through the tough skin of a longneck, and simply did that unknown method to cause the huge wound.  And perhaps whatever sharptooth bit onto Bron's leg didn't know the method.  What do you think? :)

How severely injured Pat managed to catch up with the kids who had run at the appearance of the sharptooth (whether upon his order or not, they did leave him behind after all) is hard to explain.

Let's just say those with a good heart can ignore even the greatest pain just to save a life.  When the real battle came, his focus wasn't on saving the kids as much, and the pain returned once he put wieght onto the injured leg.

Harder to explain is the strong backbone Shorty must have considering that a sharptooth treading upon him will slip rather than crushing him.

Well, I have indeed explained how Cera did ram the other foot, forcing the sharptooth to balance on one foot, the one that Shorty pushed against to make the sharptooth trip.  Of course, with the concept that there is still a certian amount of weight for him to handle, it indeed is diffucult to figure out how it logically worked, if at all.

As for the Chomper & Littlefoot friendship debate, I'll get to that in the morning.

See ya later. :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Maybe Sharptooth knew how to break through the tough skin of a longneck, and simply did that unknown method to cause the huge wound. And perhaps whatever sharptooth bit onto Bron's leg didn't know the method. What do you think?

This caught my eye....I'm not sure of the method so much as the location.  Same applies to animals these days...go for the heart or the throat...and they're sure to die.  A leg wound might immobolize the creature, but it sure wouldn't be an immediate kill.  That's probably why LF's mom took the blow.