The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Live-Action?

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Anyone ever wonder what a live-action version of Land Before Time would look like?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm quite happy with the animated version.
George Lucas actually meant for LBT to be made with puppets rather than animation, but he was overruled. Perhaps that would have been some kind of children version of Jurassic Park :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The closest they could likely get to a live action version may be a cgi made where the characters look they are real.

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
If The Land Before Time Is Going To Be A Live Action Film, Will Littlefoot And The Gang Be CGI Dinosaurs?

Dark Pterano

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Disney already did their CGI verson of Land Before Time called Dinosaurs back in 2000, because at the end of the movie. They were living in something that looked a little like the great valley.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
An Epic Barney Episode!  :lol (but no humans).

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
not quite sure how a live-action LBT would work, the whole "non-avian dinosaurs are extinct" thing kinda gets in the way.

Dark Pterano

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Disney already did their CGI verson of Land Before Time called Dinosaurs back in 2000, because at the end of the movie. They were living in something that looked a little like the great valley.
Dinosaur IS pretty much a rip off of LBT. If you compare the text on the back of the cover of both movies, they're pretty much identical. For example:

LBT: "...a young bracheosaurus named Littlefoot suddenly finds himself on his own..."
Dinosaur: "...Dinosaur tells the compelling story of an iguanodon named Aladar, who is separated from his own kind..."

LBT: "Setting out to fin the lush feeding grounds of the legendary Great Valley..."
Dinosaur: "...Aladar and his family follow a herd of dinosaurs heading for the safety of the 'nesting grounds'..."

Disney pretty much just stole the major plot elements of LBT for Dinosaur. Even though Dinosaur may be a ripoff of LBT, i still like it, but it doesn't even compare to LBT in my opinion.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, it would be great cool with well-made animatronics of the gang!
I would sure appreciate it, if they were well-made, and not so off as eg. the LBT plushies.  :yes
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
By live-action, I ment cgi and animatronics.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I think it would be cool to see the gang with a little more of a "realistic" touch. I like the sound of CGI but again it purely depends on the level of effort that is put into it. Somehow, I can't see it happening any time soon but as a future project, it would be cool to witness me thinks ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cgi looking like live action would be interesting, and will one day be possible.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Live action should be a make of the First Movie.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I would like to take a peek on what LBT live action movie would look like. But it should be done in the original movie's style(Or at least something near to the second movie). Otherwise it wouldn't be much of entertainement, i think.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well a CGI one would work but live action that would be a nightmare remember that movie "looney toones back in action" that's the closest anyone is going to get to a live a action LBT movie.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 9 2009 on  01:08 PM
I'm quite happy with the animated version.
George Lucas actually meant for LBT to be made with puppets rather than animation, but he was overruled. Perhaps that would have been some kind of children version of Jurassic Park :p
Really? When I think of combining the Land Before TIme and puppets, I think it would end up being more like the Muppets, only with dinosaurs.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think they're better off making a CGI LBT movie like I said before a live action one is way too risky .

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Why is a live-action movie too risky? I think some movies that combine animation and live-action, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, were actually pretty cool.