The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Characters Interacting Outside the Group

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One thing I feel this franchise lacked was the characters interacting with one another.  Now, we do see them interact together with all five of them, I know that, but what I'm talking about is something else.

Basically, it's more of the thing which they did in LBT 8 when the writers had Cera and Ducky away from the boys, but somewhat different.  Simply, the writers get two of the characters away from the rest of the group and we get to find out more as to why they are friends and get a more solid view as to where their friendship stands.

In the case of LBT 12, I feel they could've put Ducky in place of Guido for much of the story.  Basically, through a good portion of the movie Ducky is concerned about Petrie and how he is being treated by his siblings.  I feel that Ducky could've been the friend for him to lean on during this hard time.  It's easy to see that all Petrie needed was a friend to support him and I don't see why one of the gang couldn't have done that.  Especially Ducky.

Not to mention in LBT 5, I feel they could've done a scene where Littlefoot drags Cera away to have a heated discussion as to why she's treating Chomper the way she is. (I'm kind of surprised he didn't go and do that with how upset he was getting with her.)

There's probably plenty of places where they writers could have delved deeper into the relationship of two of the characters, but never did.

What do you guys think on this?  Could it have helped the series in some way?

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You're right. They don't focus on the relationships wthin the group as much as just the whole group itself. Yeah, they're all friends and should all be there for each other, but stories focusing on two particular characters intereacting independent of the rest would be interesting.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I feel that the discussion between Littlefoot and Cera was kind of done in part in LBT II when they had that mini fight over whether or not Chomper should leave the valley. I mean sure the "debate" was in front of the entire group, but even this short scene showed how they really differed in opinions over Chomper. Now I agree, in LBT V it would have been more effective for the characters had they done a separate debate, but what's done is done.