The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm Matthew! You can call me Matthew, or Picherity, or Matt, or Pich, or - whatever you like, really. I'm 22, from Australia, and I'm an amateur writer and classical pianist.

I've been visiting this site for a few years now, habitually checking the deleted scenes thread to see if anything new came up.
I decided to join up recently because something quite exciting happened. I was at the Op Shop just down the road from my flat, and I found a VHS copy of LBT. I already have the first LBT on video, but I noticed that this copy had an outdated Universal logo on it. I bought it (two bucks! woo ;D) and later discovered that the logo was used by Universal until 1990; so I got all excited, thinking, 'omg, what if this copy is from 1988 and has some deleted stuff on it that everyone's been looking for all this time?!'
I don't have a video player at my place, but my mum has, so when I get a chance I'll watch it and see if it's a regular copy or not. Probably there's nothing special about it, but I can dream, can't I???

Till then, thanks for reading, and nice to meet all of you!

Picherity

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Hey Matt, welcome to the GOF! Nice to meet you :) So you like writing - what kind of stuff have you done?

Also, good luck for that copy of the film being a special version  :p

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, I've written two novels so far. The first one I started in high school, and predictably it has since been hidden away, never to be seen by human eyes ever again because it's so awful. xD Actually it wasn't too bad; it's just that when you spend such a long time writing something as a teenager, by the time you're finished, you find your style changed, so that you want to go back and rewrite the first half of the book again and make it better... but life is too short! D8

The second one is a story that parodies video game culture, told in a style inspired by the Alice books. I'm editing it at the moment, hoping to send it to a publisher soon!

Last year I had an idea to write a novel adaption of LBT (because it's practically my favourite film ever) but tell the story in a more...I don't know, in a mystical style? I want to write it in a way so that adults who have never seen the film will still enjoy it and find it substantial and meaningful - because the film is meaningful, once you get past the cutesy bits and awkward (in my opinion) dialogue.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to that, though. ^^ There's so much else to do, like , you know...living.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Hello and welcome.  I take it your a fellow pokemon and togepi fan too?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us Matthew :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community and especially so if long time observers decide to join in after all :yes
A writing and piano playing are awesome hobbies. I'm playing the keyboard myself and some other instruments, but I only started at a very late age 17 and everyone on the GOF who has had the misfortune to hear me play is sure to remember, but not in a positive manner :lol
It's quite exciting to hear about the VHS tape you got. Who knows if perhaps it might contain any of the outcut scenes which have become kind of a holy grail for land before time fans (as surely you know since you have followed the GOF so long already).
I don't know if I'll ever get around to that, though. ^^ There's so much else to do, like , you know...living.
Don't worry about that. I daresay most of us do have lives outside the internet, the GOF and the land before time. Many of the sections in the GOF are not LBT related and there are plenty of threads on more real life matters too.
In any case please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang! :D
Inactive, probably forever.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Matthew, Aug 28 2014 on  12:44 PM
but I can dream, can't I???

A man can certainly dream.  :yes Welcome to the GOF!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five!  :wave I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi Dalekdino,

I'm a long-time Pokemon fan (and Digimon!!) but I only picked the Togepi pic because I just happened to come across it in my Pictures when I was looking for an avatar ^^;
It was either that or a picture of Quinn from Daria making a face.

Hi Malte,

I was 15 when I started piano, so about the middle of high school. Somehow I got good enough to be accepted into the school of music in Adelaide, but after two years there I decided it really wasn't what I wanted to do with my life.
What kind of music do you like? Is the type of music you enjoy playing the same as the music you enjoy listening to, or are they different? For me, I love playing Bach even though I don't really listen to Bach, and I love listening to J-pop even though I've never really played it on piano. xD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Most of the music I'm listening to are soundtracks or music I am associating something with (e.g. for having heard them at some time I like to remember). Being a pen and paper role play gamer I also have a large amount of instrumental music suited to create atmosphere / moods during those games. I'm also fond of much of the traditional Scotish and Irish music (I love bagpipes :p) while metal for example is not exactly my cup of tea.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Always great to see a new member on here.   I'm sure you'll have fun on here since now you can respond to threads instead of just reading them.  Good luck with your writing.

Any particular favorite of the lbt characters?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Matthew, welcome to the Gang of Five! I'm Iris :) Also a big Pokemon fan. See you around!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Picherity,Aug 29 2014 on  12:33 AM
Hi Dalekdino,

I'm a long-time Pokemon fan (and Digimon!!) but I only picked the Togepi pic because I just happened to come across it in my Pictures when I was looking for an avatar ^^;
It was either that or a picture of Quinn from Daria making a face.

Good to know I'm not the only long time LBT and pokemon fan here now.
I remember as a kid. My top favourite things were LBT or anything dino related, pokemon and Dr Who.

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 29 2014 on  03:15 PM
Any particular favorite of the lbt characters?
Oooh, I'd have to say Cera is my favourite xD When I was a kid one of my best friends used to watch LBT with me, and she was so much like Cera, so Cera always reminds me of that friend.

I also love the two dinosaurs from Stone of Cold Fire, because they sing 'Beyond the Mysterious Beyond' which is my favourite song in the series. I love it because you can interpret it two different ways; spiritually, as in, what comes after life? etc, or scientifically, as in, what is out there to discover in the universe?

Picherity

• Ruby
    • View Profile
So, I watched the first part of my VHS copy this morning, up to the end of the sharptooth attack scene, and there was nothing different, as far as I could tell. I suppose the rest will be the same, but I'll watch it just in case. Sorry if I got your hopes up! As least it gave me the motivation to join the forum finally! ;D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Picherity,Aug 29 2014 on  12:13 PM

Oooh, I'd have to say Cera is my favourite xD
Oh your a fellow Cera fan too. :)

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile