The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Big Disney announcements: Toy Story 5, Zootopia 2 and Frozen 3 all confirmed!

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
I was just finishing up watching today's Nintendo Direct when suddenly I see this news. And to say I was surprised was an understatement. :ChomperImpressed

Okay maybe not Frozen lol. Frozen continues to be one of Disney's biggest moneymakers, and with the original movie turning 10 this year, why not make a third one? Not sure how well they're gonna continue the plot of the second movie, but I'm open to see what Disney does. :duckyOK

Toy Story 5 is a pretty contentious one. Now I LOVED Toy Story 4, but even that movie's existence was pretty contentious considering how well-loved the third movie is. So you can guess the decision to make a new movie after what SEEMED like an ideal end point that ITSELF came after an ideal end point...yeah it's a surprise to say the least. :littlefoot There's a part of me who thinks that rather than follow-up on Woody's story, it's gonna tell a story focused on a new group of toys. Similar to what the Pokemon anime's doing, I suppose. Course, I could be wrong :thinking

Finally there's Zootopia 2. Knowing the love this movie gets, I'm glad to see it getting a follow-up. :rainbowwave From what I've heard, the creators may or may not examine the possibility of a Nick/Judy couple in this follow-up, but obviously that won't be the main thing I care about, lol. :PLoofah I just really hope we see some birds or reptiles in this one, it's really odd how they were totally excluded from the original :screechconfused

But, I think these should all at least be decent films. Leave your thoughts down below! :littlefoot:)
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Considering how much Disney has gone downhill at this point, I have no faith in any of these being good.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Toy Story 5? They have officially lost their damn minds.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Honestly, I’m so excited for 2topia, I’ve been wanting one since the first came out. More furry-bait, please

The others I’m meh on, and the 7,000 layoffs should be reported far more than it is, that’s just really sad the media is largely sweeping that part of his announcement under the rug

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Really excited about Zootopia 2, but I think that it is hardly shocking that they went ahead with it... those little shorts they had been releasing as of late seemed to be the last tests they needed to run before they put the boat out to sea with any degree of confidence that it would not sink (I don't know, I have been thinking of boats as of late XD).

As for TS5... I believe any franchise should be allowed to retire with its dignity intact, particularly such an iconic one, and it truly saddens me that Disney, a company not exactly known for its lack of hit ideas, would rehash this formula again.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:04:56 PM by Midnight »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I feel like that as well. I've never seen the Frozen films because they were gimmicks that I never got.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I’ll probably see Toy Story 5, I enjoyed the 4th installment.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith