The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

episodes you wished they had thought of

rosie · 23 · 3504

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I wished they had an episode of the gang encountered tar pits or one where they accidently get stuck in the mud. OR,at least some other dinos.  Wouldn't it interesting if they saw other dino get killed or eaten alive or being stomped on? Maybe see one being eaten while the sharptooth is on top of it? :angry:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I forgot the movie but the gang does get stuck in bubbling mud and goes under.  Though they are saved by Grandpa Longneck's use of his tail since their parents heard their screaming.  Lucky for them they continued to hold onto each other tightly even though they were under.  And in the 3rd movie Hyp does get stuck in a tar pit, though he does get rescued.   In the tv episode The Lone Dinosaur Returns Dara does get stuck in mud.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Would it be considered bashing if I said I wanted to see an episode where a meteor hits the Great Valley?

I wouldn't really want to see an episode like that. I just wanted to see them play with duct tape and make super dino armor out of duct tape and use it to fight the sharpteeth.

Not really. I don't want a particularly violent episode. I would prefer it if they met up with old compainions (Mo, Ali, Doc, Bron, you know) in a movie, not a TV show.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i like episodes with returning character, think in this case about the missing fast water adventure,

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wished they had an episode of the gang encountered tar pits or one where they accidently get stuck in the mud. OR,at least some other dinos. Wouldn't it interesting if they saw other dino get killed or eaten alive or being stomped on? Maybe see one being eaten while the sharptooth is on top of it? 

Seriously, why does LBT need this kind of content?  I'm not intending to attack ya personally or offend ya.  I'm sorry, but if there was ever such content put in an LBT sequel or ep, especially if any of the Gang was/were the unfortunate victim(s), I would never be able to look at LBT the same way again -_-.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I highly doubt they would do anything like that.  

An interesting episode could have been handled as a flashback.  The kids sitting around talking about some things that happened in the past.  Chomper comments on how he's glad he is accepted now, not like the first time he came there with Ruby, then they can show a flashback.  Another episode they could have had Cera ask Chomper, "So how did you and your folks get off of that island anyway." It could have included how they met Ruby and how she came to promise to look after Chomper, or that could have been a third episode where someone asks how did Ruby come to promise to look after Chomper.   That could be 2 or 3 episodes there.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't have many specifics with this idea, just the general theme of the episode, which I believe all cartoon series should have one of. I think one entire episode should be a dream but the dreamer thinks it's real and so do the viewers since the episode should be so realistic compared to events that we are used to with The Land Before Time. That way, until the end, nobody watching suspects a thing. Maybe Littlefoot could talk with his mother or see some of his past and learn something. Maybe he could even see what life would be like if something didn't happen. But whatever it's about, a sleep story episode would be very interesting since the possibilities of a storyline with one is endless. I hope that if there is a season two that it would have an episode like this. But of course, if anyone thinks this a bad idea for any reason, please say so and I'll dismiss it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I think the TV episodes are great...I just wish they put more thought into the songs before they actually sang and recorded them. :p That's pretty much the only advice I can give those people.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jan 1 2009 on  03:30 AM
I think one entire episode should be a dream but the dreamer thinks it's real and so do the viewers since the episode should be so realistic compared to events that we are used to with The Land Before Time.
Are we talking "Incident at Owl Creek Bridge" dream or "Alice in Wonderland" dream?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Are we talking "Incident at Owl Creek Bridge" dream or "Alice in Wonderland" dream?
Well, I'm not sure exactly what to compare my idea to, but neither of those dreams are quite what I had in mind. Alice in Wonderland made it extremely obvious that is a dream ot hallucination. Nothing was realistic at all, and in fact, the events were created as bizarre as possible. As for Incident at Owl Creek Bridge, which has to have one of the most horrifying endings I've ever heard of, it's not quite what I was thinking either. That kind of dream is realistic but I don't personally like that type, as it involves the dreamer to be going through a bad time and he dreams he is better off and the readers are completely relieved, thinking, "Looks like he made it out okay in the end," only to have the dream end and things are actually worse. In that example, for a young reader, I think the way the dream ends from IAOCB would give them nightmares, as even I was very creeped out by it. I just want Littlefoot or someone to learn something valuable or be able to see something from a different perspective. I'm sorry, but I cannot think of exactly what popular dream type my suggestion relates to right now, but if I find a good example, I'll post here again. But AIW is too fake and IAOCB is too depressing. Just something that will make a good ending and won't give away the fact it's a dream. Thank you for being interested enough to ask me! Later!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've mentioned this in another thread.  There is already an episode ("The Spooky Nighttime Adventure") in which Cera admits to having been afraid and that threehorns are not supposed to be afraid of anything.  However, I feel it would be interesting to see her do some introspection (examine a trait of her personality and try to decifer how it influences her demeanor) and talk to her friends about why she acts gruff with them.  I have an idea already.  She seems to believe that just 'cuz she's a threehorn she's supposed to shield her vulnerability from others, and that she's an insecure individual.  In actuality, she's a sweet character, but showing that side would be exposing her vulnerability.  However, I think the others see past her tough exterior and see good in her.  This being the case, I'd like to see an episode (or even a sequel for that matter) in which she talks to her friends about this, they tell her that they like her for who she really is, and she begins to show her soft side a lot more often.  That's something I'd like to see :yes.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I have this thing for dramatism, so I realy like to see dramatic scenes, especially those that leave you heart-broken for a while, but it actualy ends well. But the feeling remains for the whole of the episode, that's the episodes I absolutely can't miss.
Sure, one could say it's just me wishing for some character to be harmed or seen suffering, but actually, I simply have this strange preference for those parts where it does suffer but deserves it, and it ends up well. That's a valuable lesson for anyone.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They could well do some of that, though I doubt many think in those terms.  They think that to write at kids you have to keep things very simple.  They forget that more then kids watch it and they can put in some stuff for them, and kids are not as stupid as most in Hollywood seem to think.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Quote from: Kor,Jan 3 2009 on  09:53 PM
They could well do some of that, though I doubt many think in those terms.  They think that to write at kids you have to keep things very simple.  They forget that more then kids watch it and they can put in some stuff for them, and kids are not as stupid as most in Hollywood seem to think.
And they're calling themselves stupid all around, since they actually make that kind of movies, plus include children, and then those become stars. How can they deny that things are changing?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Likely they turn a blind eye for some.  Others may be unable to see that there is change. & they can't see that there are other types.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Sep 2 2008 on  09:34 AM
An interesting episode could have been handled as a flashback.  The kids sitting around talking about some things that happened in the past.  Chomper comments on how he's glad he is accepted now, not like the first time he came there with Ruby, then they can show a flashback.  Another episode they could have had Cera ask Chomper, "So how did you and your folks get off of that island anyway." It could have included how they met Ruby and how she came to promise to look after Chomper, or that could have been a third episode where someone asks how did Ruby come to promise to look after Chomper.   That could be 2 or 3 episodes there.
Agreed Kor, I'd like to see things like that.  It would fill in a couple plot holes, and maybe add a few interesting elements to the storyline. :yes

EDIT: Wow, I'm surprised I didn't see that sooner... xD LOL! :lol
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 3 2009 on  04:53 PM
Thing is, kids are not nearly as dense as they may seem.  Universal should really upgrade the series rather than dumb it down.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:idea  More Episodes about the "one-shot" characters  For instants or Ali spending couple days in the Great Valley with the Gang of Five (including Chomper and Ruby), or Doc meets a rival and they battle to the Finish.

:wow  What would also be cool is that Granpa Longneck and Topsey getting in arguement causing Littlefoot and Cera to seperate but they would try to unite them once again.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What would also be cool is that Granpa Longneck and Topsey getting in arguement causing Littlefoot and Cera to seperate but they would try to unite them once again.
I have for a while been considering a different scenario with the same characters. What if (for a reason yet to be determined though I have a few ideas) Littlefoot's grandparents had to leave the Great Valley for a while?
I love the idea of having Topsy in charge of Littlefoot for a while (and I don't expect either to be happy about that one). What then if anything happened to Littlefoot's grandparents or rumors arrived that anything had happened? And how would Cera react in that situation? I like the idea of Littlefoot abandoning restraint at some point ending up in a shouting match with Topsy (which might actually improve Topsy's opinion of Littlefoot).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
For me, I would have liked to have seen something done about Red Claw, Screech and Thud. I'm not taking about a huge stand-off between the Great Valley and the Sharpteeth (no big battle or war or anything...totally NOT LBT!) but it seems as though all Red Claw does is terrorise the kids for the sake of yet another chase. Despite that being the intention, I know, but the only difference between Red Claw and say any other sharptooth that chases the gang is that it's the same dino. That could have just stuck with the movie settings and just had a different carnivore chase them every time (the effect would have been same).

With that idea in mind, I would have loved to have seen a few cliffhanger episodes thrown in. By that I mean, an episode ends with danger still evident and will be continued in the next few episodes. It's not a particularly new idea (cartoon series' have been doing it for donkey years), but it's a technique that works and retains interest. "OMG! What's going to happen to them? Gotta set the recorder to tape next week's episode!" :DD It might have also developed a bit more of a story line to the series rather than these small proxy adventures whereby they just turn up back at home and await the next one. Makes it seem a little disjointed and the series (to me) seems somewhat unfinished.