The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Something I've been thinking about

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Recently, I was thinking about Bron and why his story he told Littlefoot did not make sense. I wanted to find someway to make it canon to the story without causing conflict, and I did come up with one.

The idea I had is that Bron might have been determined to "rebuild" the herd, which may have once been large. He may have put a lot of pressure on Littlefoot's mother, unintentionally of course, as more of their eggs was smashed. Thinking that the final egg was not going to survive and believing that he would never have a large family, Bron left, leaving his former mate with Littlefoot's grandparents. Bron would have found that valley we see in the 10th movie and becoming the leader of such a large herd (which was what he wanted in the first place), combined with the belief that the original herd he belonged to had or was going to perish, this would explain why he never bothered looking for the Great Valley.

When Bron finds out that Littlefoot was in fact alive as well as his grandparents, Bron might have felt very guilty about his actions. Perhaps he had talked to his grandparents and from there Bron would have found out about the Sharptooth incident (perhaps Littlefoot told them). They could have agreed to make up the story in order to keep Littlefoot from finding out about how Bron had acted towards his mom and such. And I also wonder if Bron, since Littlefoot is his blood son, wanted Littlefoot to become the leader of the herd. This might be part of the explaination for why he hung out with Littlefoot (and seemingly ignoring Shorty). He seemed pretty eager to show Littlefoot to his herd. And that could be part of the reason why he wanted to win Littlefoot's love and trust. He might be also doing it to make amends for what he did.

This could explain a good number of things. The inaccuracy of his tale, him not trying to find Littlefoot or the Great Valley, his "quest" in trying to find a safer place to live, etc.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That'd explain why he let Littlefoot take the Great Longneck Test in the TV series and not Shorty.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just consider it a problem filled retcon.  A problem many retcons have, though not all.

Ignoring the other problems that are in the movie.