The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pterano's LBT RP

Pterano · 106 · 10045

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXPgKEqZddQ something to listen to while reading. :p XD

So I was thinking of starting up an LBT RP, set several years after the first season of the show. Canon and OCs are welcome, though the universe will be strictly LBT. This will sort of be a continuation of the series, a "what if" if the franchise kept going, sort of similar to vonboy's Past-O-Rama. I have a few plot arcs in mind, but just because I'm starting this RP, don't think I'm not open to taking other plot arcs as well. :p That's half the fun of an RP after all, getting input from players and having them craft their own stories.

I figure I'll see who's interested, and get a list going of those who are, as well as the characters they'll be playing. I don't care how many characters a player wishes to control, but I would ask they don't stretch themselves beyond their limit. If you're choosing a popular character (i.e. a member of the gang) then I ask you limit your selection to just one for now to be fair to everyone else who might wish to have a slice of the gang.

I should be starting this fairly soon, within the next few days, depending on how many I get, and sign-ups will be continuous even after it starts, so you won't have to worry about being late if you miss the start. I'll start it slow, and won't get to any major plot events right away either, to once again allow for potential latecomers. It'll mostly just be intros and setup starting off.

As I'm starting, I guess I'll be the first to call some characters. Naturally, I'll be calling Pterano (and no, this is by far not going to be a Pterano centric RP). :p Unless someone REALLY wants Rinkus, I'd like to put myself down for him as well, and I'll also take Hyp for my last starting character. I'm going to hold off and wait for everyone else before I call any others. Oh yes, character choices will be on a first come and first served basis. So the list is as follows:

Pterano: Pterano
Rinkus: Pterano
Hyp: Pterano
Chomper: vonboy
Mr. Threehorn: vonboy
Mr. Thicknose: vonboy
Petrie: trulyfantasticme
Devon: trulyfantasticme
Harper: Mama's Girl
Ridge: Mama's Girl
Ducky: Mama's Girl
Littlefoot: Pterano (temporary. Can be turned over to another RPer upon request)
Cera: Mama's Girl
Ruby: vonboy
Grandpa Longneck: Pterano
Spike: currently anyone can play as him
Petrie's Mother: Mama's Girl
Cutter: Vonboy
Guaro: Vonboy
Bo: Vonboy
Rainbow Faces: Pterano
Royce: Pterano
Norton: Pterano
Sierra: Trulyfantasticme
Fang: Redtooth101
Nat: Redtooth101
Red Tooth: Redtooth101

I'll be adding others in as we go along.

Note: For the temp status of RPing as Littlefoot and Cera, these characters can be given over to other RPers that join in a bit later if a particular player really wishes to RP as one of those two. :yes For now, they're being taken by our regular cast so that the gang is filled out for the upcoming start of this RP. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I would like to play

Chomper
Mr. Threehorn
Mr. Thicknose

and I'll bring in a sort of not really OC :b

Random Redback; a character that will randomly appear from time to time, and always ends up getting killed somehow :b. You know, for the comedic relief *queue maniacle laugh*

how's that sound?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, your additions have been noted in the first post. :) Also, the random redback is fine. XD I just won't list him as that's more of an NPC that shows up, but yeah, you'll be controlling him. XD

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll leave this open to everyone else who joins. If the other RP'ers are ok with it, I'd like to also bring in the Professor from PAST-O-RAMA.

If rper's don't want a human in this rp though, I understand.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Don't forget PETRIE'S MINE!!!!!

And so is Devon.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, added you in :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ooh, I'm interested. Ok, for OC's of course I'd love to bring Harper into this. Um, even if I haven't gotten there in my story, Ridge does end up in the Valley so I'll bring him in too if it's cool

And, I feel I should help out with someone from the gang so...I'll take Ducky!

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, your submissions have been added. Welcome aboard. :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Attention RPers! A bit of an update on this. I am looking at a tentative start date of Friday, July 8th. So be ready for that. :) And to any potential RPers looking to join, you can still join after the start, as said.

So yeah, I think for now we've got enough for the start, and I've got the first few events written down, so I have a good idea of how to start this. So stay tuned, and looking forward to RPing and writing with you all. :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I want to bring up that no one has made any comment on me wanting to bring in the Professor. Are you all okay with this? I just want to know.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, that's right. We should probably let vonboy know if we're for or against the idea, and he said he'd be fine with whatever his fellow RPers came up with. :) I'll vote last, just to serve as a tiebreaker or something in case there is one. :p

Also, I'm thinking of taking Littlefoot as well, for now, but if someone comes along who really wants to play him, I'll gladly turn him over. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah I was wondering if I shouldn't do the same with someone else from the gang, like Cera and temp them until taken. I may, if it's not overload of the gang characters by one person.

oh and on Vonboy's question. Hmm I don't know. Throwing in a human would seem to, not overtake any and all other plot points, but complicate a lbt rp if you get my drift.

I'm not completely opposed and if the vote went to bring him in, that's fine, but I think I'd have to put my vote in as a maybe we shouldn't. Just my two cents and I don't hate the character or anything vonboy, I am still reading through and liking your Past O Rama :)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd be fine with you temporarily taking another member of the gang. :) What I'm thinking of doing is listing the temp characters as played by whomever of us is taking them, but also noting next to their names that they can be given up upon request if needs be. :)

As for vonboy's idea, I know he's not going to take it personally. :) We all love the Professor of course. :) As for my vote, I guess I can say I sort of agree with Mama's Girl on this one. I might warm up to the idea of introducing him as the RP goes on, but I think initially at least, I just want to see how things go without introducing a human right off. Like her, I'm not completely opposed either, but I feel more like taking a "wait and see" stance on this for now.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ok then, then I'll put it down officially that, yeah I will temp Cera. That way atleast we have all the talking members of the gang covered for starting up :)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, those characters have been added to the list. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Ah, this looks like fun. Do you think I might be able to bring in my usual OCs, Tero and redback? It'd be interesting to see the reactions of everyone.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Of couse, of course. :) In fact, the opening scene will be sort of similar to the opening of the seventh movie, with the arrival of some farwalkers in the evening. :yes So yes, that's fine, if you want to make it official. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Alrighty then. Count them in.
Though since Redback and Tero are kinda sharpteeth, I don't think coming in with the farwalkers would work that well. Unless they tried to smuggle themselves in somehow...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know, but picturing them as trying to smuggle themselves in is pretty amusing. XD And well, keep in mind, Rinkus and Sierra were able to enter with the farwalkers, despite the both of them technically being "sharpteeth". :p I'd say Tero is on the same level as either of those flyers, but yes, Redback could pose a problem. XD

Either way, it's not going to be set all in the Great Valley, so both of those characters still work. I added them in to the list. :)

And oh yes, welcome aboard! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I understand about the Professor.

I think I'll take Ruby up temporarily, just so we can have the full speaking Gang of Seven doing something. Also, Could someone take up Grandpa Longneck? It'd be nice to have the adult perspective in this RP as well, and old Mr. Threehorn here needs SOMEONE to argue with! :p
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)