The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kaiba

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Hey everybody.  I don't know how many would be interested, but I thought I'd share one of my favorite animes out there, maybe see if anybody on this site has also seen it too.

Note, this is not to be confused with the Yu-Gi-Oh character of the same name.  The series, Kaiba, was released in Japan in 2008 and still has yet to see a western release or even an English dub.

The cute and kiddy artstyle can be misleading at first glance, but the story of Kaiba is actually really dark, deep and blatantly adult.  As an anime fan who prefers shows that are more obscure and character-driven, this gem was definitely a great find.

The basic premise of the show revolves around how the wealthy are able to store their consciousness in a chip that they can transfer from body to body.  However, memories of the people below them are often stolen and sold on the black market.  One day a young man awakens with a hole in his chest and no memory of who he is.  For his own safety he is sent into space, where on each world he encounters how this specific technology has affected and even destroyed the lives of other people.  As the series of 12 episodes continues forward, his own memories and dark intentions before his amnesia are slowly revealed to him.

Because there has never been an english dub, let alone a worldwide release, all that exists are English fansubs across the internet on several streaming sites, sans youtube where there are only Spanish subs from what I can find.  If one has a chance, I definitely recommend checking out this hidden gem in anime.