The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Corona

Joseph · 15 · 2176

Joseph

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Wow. It's been years since I posted in a forum like this one. And over a decade since I made a post with that particular title.

But, it seems that reports of a mass extinction have been greatly exaggerated.

So as I'm sure that precisely one person here knows what that title is referring to, allow me to reintroduce myself.

I go by many names on this wonderful world wide web of ours, but around here I prefer my real name, Joseph. It's mainly out of nostalgia, I suppose, but this really was the first internet community I ever joined.

And I mean that literally, the first internet forum I ever posted on was the predecessor to this very forum that was hosted on Network54 (it just occured to me there may be folks here who aren't even old enough to know what Network 54 is). Back then we didn't have fancy things like embeds, or avatars, or even animated emoticons. Just a box to input the text you wanted to post, which I did on almost an hourly basis for years and years (please don't go try looking up those old posts, they are insanely cringeworthy, practically illegible, and will melt your eyeballs out of your skull).

Since that time my outlook on life has evolved, as has my outlook on animated entertainment. I'm sorry to say that while my enthusiasm for LBT has not totally vanished (as evidenced by the giant Littlefoot plush I have on my bedrest), it has waned or at the very least transferred to other animated shows (namely My Little Pony).

Consequently I now hold opinions about the series, the films, the characters, etc. that my 10 year old self or even my 14 year old self would've found blasphemous. For example, when I was a youngster I thought that the original movie was great, but the sequels were God's greatest gift to mankind. Nowadays though I look at the original as an animated classic, and the sequels as being considerably subpar and incredibly silly (but ultimately harmless films).

As the years have gone by and I heard virtually nothing about new LBT content, I figured that the journey had finally come to an end. I was a bit saddened by it, as this was my childhood, but I took comfort in the knowledge that it had a great run.

And now I'm hearing that the 14th movie may, in fact, be on its way.

I was surprised at that.

And I was surprised, pleasantly so, to see this community still up and running, let alone a few familiar faces.

And so now here I am. I cannot promise a ton of activity here as life is getting in the way moreso than it did when I was a child, and sadly I don't really feel the same love for LBT as I did when I was a youngster. It used to be an undying passion, but now it's more like a fond respect.

But hey, if Universal seems to think that they can rekindle the spark, even if just for one more moment, then maybe I can as well.

So this was just a summary of where I came from, and where I've been all these years.

I don't know how long I'll be here, but I am here now.

Let's go.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome,

I'm Nahla and I'm GOF's residential horse nut.

The Land Before time was also a huge part of my childhood, though now I am much older I still cherish it as a reminder of those days.

I have kind of grown out of LBT now myself, but I stick around here because you don't have to just talk about LBT, I still like to watch the original movie every once and a while and I'm interested in this 14th one but I wouldn't call myself a real LBT fan anymore, I just merely like the movies.

Lots of us here are the same, here for childhood memories and to talk with friends, roleplay, discuss games, music, movies etc.

Hope you enjoy GOF.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow! This is really like a breeze from LBT history! It has been a very long time indeed, but I have not forgotten the days of old (2001) on the N54 Board.
Welcome with us Joseph! :)
Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome Joseph. i remember you from network as well. it is good to have such a long time member return!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi Joseph! I am too young to remember you from the N64 board, but it's great to see members from that board returning to the Gang of Five! Please feel welcome here :) My name is Iris, and I hope to see you around! :wave

Haha, Malte. I'm really amused by this:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The old board also testifies my struggles with the English language at the time quite well :p

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wonder if one of those people who discussed LBT on mailing lists in 1989 would eventually appear.  :smile

Welcome to the GOF, Joseph! This youngster wishes you a pleasant stay.  :yes

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Feb 24 2015 on  05:17 AM
I wonder if one of those people who discussed LBT on mailing lists in 1989 would eventually appear.  :smile

Welcome to the GOF, Joseph! This youngster wishes you a pleasant stay.  :yes
How are you a youngster?  You're only a few months younger than me?  :lol

I'm starting to feel old as I'm old enough to be governor (at least in my state).   Also, those like Miley Cyrus are younger than me so there's pop stars younger than me now.  

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five!  :wave I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF! :wave Nice to meet you :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Welcome to the GoF! Have a great time here.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Welcome to GoF Joseph. Nice of you to join us.
Hope you have a good time.
I'm The Lone Dragon. One of the local Dragon lovers around.
Nice to meet you, mate.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether, Feb 24 2015 on  06:16 PM
How are you a youngster? You're only a few months younger than me?

I'm a youngster to LBT forums relative to Joseph, that's what I meant.

ThunderClaw

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://thunderclawshocktrix.deviantart.com
Ive only been here short time but I'm the vally's resident dragon ^.=.^

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great to have an old member join again.  I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun on here and many new people to meet.   :exactly