The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New here

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kristalla,Dec 8 2007 on  01:55 AM
I don't understand...How many pixels are we allowed?
If it didn't say, then there's probably no limit. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kristalla,Dec 8 2007 on  02:55 AM
I'm a little confused...

This section will allow you to specify a photo to be used in your profile which is viewable by other board members.
All photos must be no larger than 30 kB and no bigger than pixels by pixels.

The 30kb upload limit is a IPB thing that I can't muck with.  If your picture is under 30kb it will upload.  The pixel dimension limit is 170 x 170 (set by me, and very generous compared to what most sites require).  It'll resize automatically if its bigger no matter if its an upload or something hosted elsewhere.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can ask an admin or maybe one will reply here and give the answer of how many pixils.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hi-Cha!

Nice to meet you, Kristalla! I'm Starfall, and I hope you have a blast here!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Dec 8 2007 on  09:35 AM
Quote from: Kristalla,Dec 8 2007 on  02:55 AM
I'm a little confused...

This section will allow you to specify a photo to be used in your profile which is viewable by other board members.
All photos must be no larger than 30 kB and no bigger than pixels by pixels.

The 30kb upload limit is a IPB thing that I can't muck with.  If your picture is under 30kb it will upload.  The pixel dimension limit is 170 x 170 (set by me, and very generous compared to what most sites require).  It'll resize automatically if its bigger no matter if its an upload or something hosted elsewhere.
Actually, if I am not mistaken, the 170x170 limit applies only to avatars, not personal profile pictures. I've seen new members with personal profile pictures plenty bigger than 170x170. :rolleyes:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 If the admins cannot reply you in time I have a little suggestion, since there are members with profile pics, you may download a pic to see it's size and make your pic of similar size, that should be enough.
 I hope this can help.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just tested it by uploading a really huge GIF (dimension-wise) as my profile picture. Your profile picture can be any resolution as long as it's file size is less than 30 KB. Your avatar's resolution can be no bigger than 170x170 (any images greater than this will simply get automatically reduced) and it's file size must be less than 25 KB.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome Kristalla to the GOF! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Wow, I thought you were there for some time now Kristalla :o , I am new here too, but I do hope we can have a great stay, this forum looks like a very good one with great people ;) .

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
In this point you are right. We are all good friends here and always glad to see new members. :)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Now that you've got your avatar working, you must now go through the secret initiation which will completely valify your member status.

do you feel comfterable howling at the moon?

XD

I'm joking!

yes, we're all very wonderful people here, there haven't been any rude obnoxious idiots as far as I've seen...

Why is everyone looking at me?  :angry:  Stop that!

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: AvestheForumFox,Dec 9 2007 on  01:39 PM
Why is everyone looking at me? angry.gif Stop that!
 :lol  :lol  :lol

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That's one thing I like from this place, there are no bad people only here to cause problems, after all this is some kind of Great Valley (or forum) away from spammers :D .

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh yes, you are right. Here isn¥t any sort of spam, so far I know^^.  :rolleyes:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 This is a bit of off-topic, but there may be a way to talk with the admins so they ca create forum games, like "one word per post" or "answer a question with a question", we made that in another webpage and there are somre real comical results.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Dec 9 2007 on  03:27 PM
Hello:
 This is a bit of off-topic, but there may be a way to talk with the admins so they ca create forum games, like "one word per post" or "answer a question with a question", we made that in another webpage and there are somre real comical results.
Such a forum already exists here. Check out "The Party Room." ;)

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 hehehe, yeah, checking out I found the one word per post topic... with another name. I posted in it now :lol