The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bedtime

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
As a kid I never really had a bedtime.  Ma always said I should learn for myself how horrible it was having to function without any sleep. :p Despite the fact that I never went to bed at a decent time she still made me get up and do stuff.  I eventually learned that going to bed isn't a bad thing. :smile What about you?  Did you ever have a bedtime?  If so, what time was it?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Up until age twelve, my bedtime was 9:00 PM, but I've always been a night owl, so I would lay in bed awake until at least 10:00 PM.  When I was thirteen, my bedtime was raised to 9:30 PM, 10:00 PM at age fourteen, and so on.  I no longer had a bedtime when I became seventeen, and my bedtime only applied to the school year and on weekdays only.  Still, I never feel asleep before midnight.  I am one of those folks who go to bed around two or three (sometimes four), and get up anytime between 6:30 AM and 8:00 AM and feel fully rested.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was allowed to stay up as late as I wanted as a kid.  Though I usually went to bed earlier on school nights then non school nights.  I did that on my own though figuring since I got up early I'd need to go to bed earlier also.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i had a bed time up until 13 now i just go to bed at about 10 or so on a school night

i also remember when i was a little kid i used to hate naps, but now i wish i could get one sometimes

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Noooope. I had to stop screwing around and stuff at like 10 or 11 so I wouldn't wake my mom and step dad up, so I just went to my room. And now, I don't leave my room.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep yep, I did.  Depended on the day what the time was (8/9 for school nights and 10 if the next day had nothing going on) but until I was about 14 or so, I was shoved into bed. :p

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I still do. On school days its 9:00-10:00 pm, but on weekends or days I'm not in school, I can go to bed anywhere up to 11:00. My mother let me stay up to midnight once, and that was on new years. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Yes I did. I cannot say for sure what my bed times as a kid were (in the time preceding the age from where on one feels undressed without a watch), but they would have been earlier of course than the first time I remember at about 10PM which was the bed time in my early teens. Then gradually it was left to me.
I remember that as a young kid my sister and me usually were permitted to listen to a cassette before switching of the lights and sometimes also after switching them of. There were sometimes "negotiations" on whether one or two sides of a cassette were permitted. I remember one time when our Dad was gone in the evening and my sister and I were both still awake and eager to listen to the second side of a cassette of an exciting audio play the first side of which (in accordance with what we had been permitted) we had just heard. Because Dad wasn't there there was no way to "negotiate" directly with him about permission to listen to the second side. So we penned an extremely apologetic letter to him confessing that we would listen to the second side and offering to listen to a side less another day. I think our Dad found it quite cute. Never ever would he have even known if we had just listened to that other side of the cassette, but never ever would it have crossed either my sister's or my mind to just do so and not tell :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I did!  It started with 9:00 PM, and I HATED it.  I wanted to stay up longer because of how much great stuff there was on TV that late at the time.

I did get my wish to stay up longer, but it was only 'til 9:30.  Still hated it!

I eventually got an 11:00 one, but that wasn't until High School. (And by then, most of the good late night stuff was gone, sadly.)

Only after I graduated from High School did I get the privilege of staying up as late as possible.  I have given myself a bedtime, but it's 1:00 AM. ;)

Only time I was allowed to break this was on Friday Night, Saturday Night and every day of Summer.

Only thing I hated more?  When I was allowed to wake up on Saturday and Sunday Morning.  I mean, come on!  8:00 AM?  Every kid knew the good stuff came on at 6:00 AM back then. ;)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I always had a hard time going to sleep, even as an infant and I would have those screaming fits because I was so scared and saw creepy, scary images coming at me at night. Sometimes I would even thought the inanimate objects moved in my room. I find it interesting that I consciously remember this since it's said that people don't have a conscious memory until a certain age.

To answer the question if I had a bedtime, yes I did, but it seemed to not work for me very much, like around 10:00 pm I would have to end the day and go to sleep when I was in middle school to high school. Sometimes it would slide at 10:30pm. The addiction to the internet can get me to stay up til 2:00 am or later. But it's been awhile since I've stayed up past midnight.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Nov 24 2010 on  06:37 PM
I always had a hard time going to sleep, even as an infant and I would have those screaming fits because I was so scared and saw creepy, scary images coming at me at night. Sometimes I would even thought the inanimate objects moved in my room.
I've had that happen, but then again I just watched stuff like Jeepers Creepers, Cabin Fever and The Descent before going to bed when I had nothing to do. :oops

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Nov 24 2010 on  06:37 PM
I always had a hard time going to sleep, even as an infant and I would have those screaming fits because I was so scared and saw creepy, scary images coming at me at night. Sometimes I would even thought the inanimate objects moved in my room. I find it interesting that I consciously remember this since it's said that people don't have a conscious memory until a certain age.

I was the exact same way as a little kid :blink:  :crazy.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
To add to what I said at least a year ago...I set my own bedtimes now...10pm.  Not much has changed. :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm more of a night-owl I'm afraid usually staying up beyond midnight. Perhaps it is easier for Americans chatting with Europeans to get to sleep early than it is for Europeans chatting with Americans (stupid time difference) :lol

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, both my sister and I had a bedtime set, although it was in a sort of fashion.  Our bedtime was set at 8:30 pm every night but whilst it was good for me to have some sense of structure and routine set at home, I was never really able to fully go to sleep till midnight.  This was mainly in regards to the factor that I'd be over processing everything from the day events until I'd be completely and utterly exhausted that I'd just be flat out asleep from mass drainage.  

Of course nothing much has changed.  Despite the factor that we don't have bedtimes set for us anymore, I still prefer to set myself to bed at a specific hour so I still have a sense of routine.