The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time 10 Showcase - December 2022

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

As we prepare for our migration to the next year, it is time to reflect upon a totally different migration...

------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss your thoughts on the tenth film.  I will go ahead and present a few questions to get things started:

1) This film introduces the tradition of longnecks gathering together in order to help the Bright Circle during a solar eclipse.  What do you think this tradition shows about longnecks and their perspective of themselves in the grand scheme of things?

2) This film also introduces Bron as a character.  This has been asked in the previous Bron topic, but it is also relevant here: What is your general impression of the explanation for why Bron was absent for so long? Do you feel that the explanation holds up under scrutiny?

3) What are your thoughts on the relationship between Shorty and Littlefoot as it develops in this film?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Am I the only one who still does these? : 0

It's so interesting to know that the longnecks think they're important. They feel that it's up to them in order to save the world from the sun's distruction. It's certainly a strange but wonderous tradition. Obviously as a human being, I know this is just a myth, and while watching the film it just feels anti climactic since you know nothing is going to happen. I guess this scene was to show how dedicated the characters were.

I've seen some clips of the film but I never watched it full through. But from my knowlage I believe Bron was gone for so long because he needed to take leadership amoongst a longneck herd. Yes, I'm sure the responsiablities of a leader are high, but he could have led his herd towards the Great valley or something. I'm sure all that time he was like "I'll find my son...someday. " (dramatic music in the background)

I don't have much to say about Shorty and Littlefoot. They are a great pair, and I love their development. Orignially, Shorty wanted Bron all to himself, but I'm sure Littlefoot re-aranged that.  :D
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I feel sorry for Alec Medlock though. He was only the voice for Littlefoot for that one film and then never again.