The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cera and Ducky doing If We Hold On Together.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have heard that there was a video of Cera and Ducky singing Diana Ross' "If We Hold On Together." I have searched the internet over, but have failed to find a video of such. I have had the good fortune of finding a possible audio file of it, but not a full video. Can someone enlighten me, or better still, tell me where I can find a video of it?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
there is such a thing but i'm afraid that i can't help you find it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The version you are looking for, first off, is actually argued around here by it either being Littlefoot and Ducky or Cera and Ducky.  The only place to find it on a video is in the LBT Sing-a-long Songs Volume 1.  This VHS appeared only a few months after LBT 4 did.  It held all 10 songs that were in the LBT franchise at the time.

There used to be a vid of it on YouTube, but the person who provided it was banned for continuously breaking the violation rules and, as a result, the video was removed as well.

Finding it online isn't easy.  You could try e-bay as your best bet.  Just know that you might end up paying a pretty penny for it. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Here you go. This is the If we hold on together video from the sing along songs video. It is sung by Aria and Thomas Dekker.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Ah yes, I remember that. I have the sing-along tape, volume one, here somewhere. I used to watch it all the time, but I haven't done so in years. I admit I don't like that version of If We Hold On Together, no offense of course.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for that, Malte! And I'll admit to thinking that that version ROCKED!!!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I liked everything about it.  The beginning is sorta weird, but it really was great!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 26 2007 on  10:58 AM
The beginning is sorta weird
I think I know what you're talking about. The audio only version doesn't have the "beginning."

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I love this song.  :D  I thought i heard whoever voices littlefoot singing aswell. but i guess my ears were tricking me. lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm going to throw my two cents in and say that I can't sort out Anndi McAfee's voice anywhere in this version. I've closely listened to this, and I can sort out what may indeed be Littlefoot's voice (thus the Thomas Dekker comment Malte made). However, the voice at the beginning doesn't sound like Littlefoot or Cera. Is it possible all three of them are doing this?

And I needn't say that Ducky's voice sticks out like a sore thumb.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
To be honest, when I listened to this as a child, I thought it was just a bunch of kids singing it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be honest, it did sound like Ducky and Littlefoot.  I'm such a "Cera-holic" that I know her inside and out, and it doesn't sound like ANY of her voice actors.  I also know Littlefoot's 1-5 voices VERY well from watching them so much, and it definately sounds like a Littlefoot one. :)

Anyways, thanks for showing that to us, Malte.  I absolutely love it! :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
All of the internet sources say Cera and Ducky... this really boggles me, since I'm almost positive I hear Littlefoot in there. It's illogical. I might have to send a query to Universal Studios, or just send Anndi McAfee some 'friendly fan mail,' inquiring to who did the "If We Hold On Together" remix. She would know if she really did it or not, and mabey even who else did it. What do you guys think?

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually think that Littlefoot and Ducky did the VHS version of the song, and Cera and Ducky did the CD version.  So, in effect, the versions of the song you hear depends on what source you are using.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
There's no way Thomas Dekker did the CD version.  Those are female voices.

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think all three are singing it. It sounds like Thomas only joins in during the chorus and the bit at the end "As high as souls can fly the clouds go by" it sounds like 2 people singing but it definetley not Ducky.
 :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think it's Littlefoot and Ducky.  Young male's often sound like females, especially when they're artificially recorded.  I just wish I still had that voice comparison program.  I can't even remember the name of it.  That thing would tell me for sure who's singing.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
used a much easier and less sophisticated program and here's thommas dekker in comparison to the voice in question.  It was a much better match than Cera.

EDIT:  you're only supposed to be looking in the lower band frequencies where the vocal aspects are kept (2khz or less).  Pretty good match, wouldn't ya say?

Note:  the extreme variations are not caused by vocal, but instumental influences.  If they bear any resemblance at all to each other, you've probably got a match. ;)