The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cera and Ducky doing If We Hold On Together.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aria once mentioned singing this If we hold on together version with Thomas Dekker. She did not mention Anndie taking part in it. I must confess though that I hadn't even noticed before, that indeed the CD and the video version are not identical. So I suppose Anndie participated just in the video version.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
So I suppose Anndie participated just in the video version.

This is the movie version.  I just ripped the audio from it.  

here's the movie version (with the beginning cut out of course) compared to the cd version.  As you can see, they're by no means the same:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Graphs like that mean absolutely nothing Austin.  All it means is that at least spectrally, there isn't much difference.  Only audibly can you tell who's singing, and I can tell you, its not a male voice on the CD.  Maybe Tim can send you a higher quality version.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I wasn't impressed with the audio quality posted here, either. A better quality version would be... better. :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
its not a male voice on the CD. Maybe Tim can send you a higher quality version.
I often wondered how that was Thomas Dekker on the CD version. :lol
You know, I never noticed that the video and the CD version were different either LOL.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Both of them sounded the same to me. I don't get it.

And I never knew there was a LBT CD. What is it? Anyone have any information?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is it? Anyone have any information?
Sure do!  As a matter of fact, I have the CD. :D

It's an LBT Sing-along CD including songs from LBT 2 to LBT 4, as well as a special edition of "If We Hold On Together" as discussed earlier.  It can be found on amazon, e-bay, or a number of online sales sites.

An example:
http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Before-Video-S...85593679&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Before-Video-S...85593679&sr=1-1

A better quality version would be... better. 
Sorry!  If you want a better-quality version, you need to go buy the CD like I did.  I have a CD-quality version on my computer, as well as the CD in my room. ;)
The low-quality version exists for people to sample the song.  If they desire CD-quality, the CD exists online. B)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's an interesting perspective. Providing a full quality song is illegal, but providing a poor quality song is legal -- or half-legal, anyway.

Getting the CD for that one song sounds rather stupid from one angle. However, being an LBT fan kind of changes it. However, I wonder how my parents would feel about me ordering a music CD online that's targeted towards "tweens."

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's an interesting perspective. Providing a full quality song is illegal, but providing a poor quality song is legal -- or half-legal, anyway.
Sharing the LBT songs was Petrie's doing.  If you have further questions, I suggest you ask him.  

From what I understand, the theory is that the LBT songs aren't exactly in high-demand and nobody will care if we share them.  I'm sure we could get away with sharing full-quality copies, but that would have a negative impact on the sales of LBT merchandise.

If we give away low-quality versions, there is something to gain for buying the CD (full quality).  If we gave away CD-quality recordings, why would you buy the CD?  What gain would there be?  You'd have the CD in your collection, that's it.  

The idea of us distributing low-quality versions of the LBT songs isn't so much from a legal perspective, but a perspective targetted at preserving the LBT market and the integrity of our community.  I support LBT and condone against LBT piracy.  I suppose sharing among the community but I would honestly hate to know that our community is hurting LBT sales because we're giving everything to each other through a single copy.

Also, I bought my copy for Me, not for the entire LBT community. :p
It's less than $4 on amazon.  It won't kill you to buy the CD. :P:

Admittedly, Universal probably isn't making much money (if any) from sales of LBT CDs anymore but it's the pricinciple that counts.  I would like to see our community as a positive influence on LBT, not a negative one.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Your principles are admirable. If it's illegal, don't do it. Even if you won't get caught.

As for the CD, I just converted the .swf file to .wav, and called it good. It's not a real ear-sore as it is, really. I'm kind of tight and advantage-seeking when it comes to money -- always doing every little thing to make it stretch like silly-putty.

Right now, though, I've got bigger LBT problems. Like my VHS rips off of CN of LBT 10 and 11 are imperfect, and I'm contemplating whether or not to get this.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If it's illegal, don't do it. Even if you won't get caught.
I'll let Petrie make that call since he has taken charge of the SWF files (I agree, they're very easy to convert to mp3/wav but that's besides the point :p)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay People.  I'm 100% sure that it's Cera.  Litsten to one of her lines with (most) of the background music gone.  I could have done it better, but I don't have the time right now.  It's good enough.  The download is only 222k so don't worry about it.

http://download.yousendit.com/6911537525ABE102

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I sent an email to ye olde Universal Studios. Hopefully, some straight answers will come of this. I still think Littlefoot's juvenile voice is in there somewhere....

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you didn't believe it was Cera before, believe it now.  Listen to this.  It is undoubtedly a female voice.  It's a lot easier to tell when ya slow it down:

http://download.yousendit.com/A69EF5430FF173A0

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jul 27 2007 on  11:26 PM
I'll let Petrie make that call since he has taken charge of the SWF files (I agree, they're very easy to convert to mp3/wav but that's besides the point :p)
Convert them if you wish; they still sound like the low-quality copy I gave you, which nobody in their right mind would pay for or consider sufficient in the digital age.  Hence, I'm not hurting anyone's profit on a new/used copy with these songs.  I may even get the person to actually buy a copy.  :P:

I've been doing websites since 2002 with song files of low quality and not once have I had anyone come and scream at me to take them down.  32kbps MP3 files are hardly cd quality let alone radio quality.  Its a sample of what was presented in the film represented on the site; you want the real thing you suck it up and buy an official copy like I did.  I never had anyone ask for files of entire soundtracks either, so I think people were happy for the samples as a "try before you buy" thing. :)  I'm not doing sites anymore, but my experiences in the past showed that I likely won't have trouble with these files.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 30 2007 on  08:56 PM
Quote from: action9000,Jul 27 2007 on  11:26 PM
Convert them if you wish; they still sound like the low-quality copy I gave you, which nobody in their right mind would pay for or consider sufficient in the digital age.  Hence, I'm not hurting anyone's profit on a new/used copy with these songs.  I may even get the person to actually buy a copy.  :P:

I've been doing websites since 2002 with song files of low quality and not once have I had anyone come and scream at me to take them down.  32kbps MP3 files are hardly cd quality let alone radio quality.  Its a sample of what was presented in the film represented on the site; you want the real thing you suck it up and buy an official copy like I did.  I never had anyone ask for files of entire soundtracks either, so I think people were happy for the samples as a "try before you buy" thing. :)  I'm not doing sites anymore, but my experiences in the past showed that I likely won't have trouble with these files.
I am sure that in the song are Ceras and Duckys voice. Mayby Litlefoots, too

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
In my honest opinion, all three of them are doing it. Ducky's voice is obvious, and I know I hear Littlefoot in there somewhere, especially at "When we are out there, in the dark." However, you can hear "Littlefoot" singing with a second person that doesn't sound like Ducky. It's probably Cera. In any case, I believe it's all three of them on both version.

However, I have yet to hear back from Universal Studios. I sent them an email through their feedback section on http://www.landbeforetime.com nearly a week ago. I think I may have to take a more direct approach to get an official answer, like email Anndi McAfee herself. She would surely know what version she did and didn't sing on.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have ran out of patience with Universal Studios. As a result, I have instead emailed Anndi McAfee herself about this version of "If We Hold On Together." Looks like she'll be getting some fan mail real soon.... :wow

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow... what a fast response. I got this email back recently:
Quote from: Anndi McAfee, Aug 5 2007 on  04:25 PM
[my first name],
  I am happy to put an end to the debate. Aria and I, as far as I am aware, are the only people who sang the newer version of "If we hold on Together." Originally, the song went into a doll that would play the song when the foot was pressed. It was supposed to be "ducky" and "cera" singing the song. Eventually, they added it to the VHS and CD. SO the answer to your question is, Aria and I sang the song. The song does have some sort of an introduction by some kids on the VHS, but the song itself is the one I recorded with Aria.

-anndi
Conclusion: It's Cera and Ducky. Straight from the horse's mouth.