The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How does Littlefoot know this?

MrDrake · 13 · 1749

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's at the start of the movie, after the great earthshake that happens, seperating the herds.  Was watching the movie last night and noticed this actually.

Littlefoot sees Cera and calls her out by her name, yet, previously, Littlefoot did not know her name, nor did he ask her what her name was.

So what I would like answered is how on earth Littlefoot could know Cera's name when he sees her after the great divide.  Cause he does call out her name, to which Cera replied with "What do you want?" not bothering to ask him on how he knew what her name was.

It just doesn't make sense to me is all and would like some opinions on this matter.

(OOC: Oops, wrong section, if a admin could move this topic to the section above for the original movie, would be much appreciated :yes )

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Littlefoot knew Cera's name because he heard her father say it.

"Come, Cera. Threehorns never play with Longnecks."

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
The answer's pretty simple: he overhears her name when her father says: "Come, Cera. Threehorns never play with longnecks."

EDIT: Whoops! Animeboye beat me to the answer by a few seconds! :blink:

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, completely forgot about that actually :oops

But yeah, now I remember Cera's father saying that....although, I didn't think Littlefoot would've remembered her name after all that, especially since he was asking his mother what a Longneck was.

But yeah, uh, thanks for reminding me of that one XD

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That shows a pretty successful memory. The name was unstressed, and mentioned in passing. I can barely remember people's names when they're explicitly told to me.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well Cera(Or Sarah) isn't a terribly difficult name to remember. And at the time, Cera was the only other dinosaur kid that Littlefoot knew. It wouldn't have been hard for him to remember her name.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, but I do have one other bone to pick before I forget it.

When Littlefoot meets Ducky, he has the Treestar on his back, however, moments later when he and Ducky and trying not to step on the cracks (otherwise they're fall and break their backs) the Treestar is up ahead and on the ground to the left.

I'm pretty sure the two of them didn't leave the Treestar there then go back to play the game....that would just be pointless and a waste of time, especially if Littlefoot in general wants to get to the Great Valley.

So...how did the Treestar get ahead of the two of them without any explanation? XD

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I...don't know. Animation error, perhaps? I just wonder if Littlefoot ever noticed that his treestar was destroyed by Sharptooth.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe yeah, animation error perhaps seem like the best thing.  I mean like you said, I don't think Littlefoot realized that his treestar was destroyed by the Sharptooth....it seems like he stopped caring for it around that point.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Apr 26 2010 on  09:28 PM
Littlefoot knew Cera's name because he heard her father say it.

"Come, Cera. Threehorns never play with Longnecks."
And there was a brief conversation between littlefoot and cera around the earthquake that's missing.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, didn't know that one myself, well, about the missing conversation between the two of them.

Still do like how there are animation errors in the movie at times, like when Littlefoot, Petrie, Ducky and Spike are trying to get the green food from a tree, on top of each other sort of thing, that in one shot, Petrie can almost reach it, while in the next shot, he's still a fair amount away from it.

That....and on how much green food falls from the tree, since Petrie only does it for a few seconds, and yet, quite a bit is on the ground in the end :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't think Littlefoot realized that his treestar was destroyed by the Sharptooth....it seems like he stopped caring for it around that point.
I reckon that he would realize later (the loss of it at least, not necessarily that Sharptooth stepped right onto it), but I think that in the moment when it happened Littlefoot had other priorities :p
And there was a brief conversation between littlefoot and cera around the earthquake that's missing.
Is there? Was that scene also in the Finnish version of the movie? I am really most interested in this for it is another missing scene not so far mentioned here. What did they say in this scene?

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 27 2010 on  03:11 AM
I don't think Littlefoot realized that his treestar was destroyed by the Sharptooth....it seems like he stopped caring for it around that point.
I reckon that he would realize later (the loss of it at least, not necessarily that Sharptooth stepped right onto it), but I think that in the moment when it happened Littlefoot had other priorities :p
Is there? Was that scene also in the Finnish version of the movie? I am really most interested in this for it is another missing scene not so far mentioned here. What did they say in this scene?
Yes that was in the finnish version. I only remember the end from that conversation, cera walking with her tail up (so they probably had some little quarrel) telling littlefoot to stop pushing as he keeps slipping in the mud that slowly starts flowing in their feet, after which a mud wave takes them to the sharptooth (the scene in the trailer).

Actually, I think there was another one right before the earth starts cracking under them. They walked up to that rock-gate, but if I'm right in the cut version they just show them standing there.