The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Frozen

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Also, your use of the word "slutty" to describe her dress has me all riled up. What you're wearing can be considered "slutty." What I am wearing can be considered "slutty." Every article of clothing can be considered "slutty." Not all "sluts" where revealing and/or formfitting clothes.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, there... Not to be disrepectful or anything, and I'm sorry I got you riled up. 'Slutty' is something that gets me riled up :p

She had to change because the directors made it so.

I fully realize the motive, but what I was confused - and more than a little miffed - about was the message. She wasn't happy with who she was, so she changed her appearance. I don't see how that would help (and it ended up not helping her anyway, so what was the point?) It seems people are always doing something like that, and it most often ends up to be something they regret doing, because it was a spur of the moment thing, and they were depressed...
Basically, it makes me mad to see that *shrug*

The highlight, for me, was definitely Olaf! "Oh look at that. I've been impaled."

Same here! :lol He had me and my sister in stitches. "I'll distract them, you run!"
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hired it out on dvd and watched it,it was pretty good but I still find it highly overrated.

I love the song 'Let It Go' and the animation is  beautiful but it will never be a remembered classic compared to something like The Lion king or the original The Land Before Time.

I like the movie,but it will be a movie I will forget.

People call it the 'best disney movie ever' and I highly disagree with that,if I had to pick a movie from this decade (so not the 90's hand drawn movies) I would rate 'Bolt' over this,because Bolt is an original plot not just a remake.

Good movie worth watching but it highly overrated and all this hype like it the best movie ever made his making me face palm.

Thats just my opinion on 'Frozen'-good but overrated for what it is.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, there... Not to be disrepectful or anything, and I'm sorry I got you riled up. 'Slutty' is something that gets me riled up
I have to admit I over analyzed your post. I got myself all riled up. :oops
I fully realize the motive, but what I was confused - and more than a little miffed - about was the message. She wasn't happy with who she was, so she changed her appearance. I don't see how that would help (and it ended up not helping her anyway, so what was the point?) It seems people are always doing something like that, and it most often ends up to be something they regret doing, because it was a spur of the moment thing, and they were depressed...
Basically, it makes me mad to see that *shrug*
To me, the change of attire was a symbol of Elsa's desire to be free of her former life, where she repressed her gift and could not be who she was. She was, in essence, shedding her past. I think it was more an event driven by symbolism provided by the writers than an action spurred by motivation of the character. I personally couldn't see her continuing wearing her coronation gown after.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, my thoughts on this:

I don't know the original story so I can't judge that but I do like the story of this remake (of whatever movie; I don't know it :p).
First off, all characters are really well developed and their design is very nice (especially Elsa and Anna when they were younger got me going "awwww" :lol) I also had to laugh at several points in the movie and not seldom Olaf was the reason for this :p
There were a lot of songs and I already knew like half of them since many people covered them. There wasn't one I didn't like though my favourite has to be "Do you want to build a snowman" with "Let it go" as a close runner-up. That is, I was watching the movie in German so I reckon the english songs are even better (in case of my two favourite songs, this is the case :yes)
I think I like Anna the best. I don't know why, but I couldn't build up a relation to Elsa until the very end, whereas Anna was likeable right from the start.
Overall, I think this movie might not end up on my favourite list but it was very enjoyable and I'd more than happily watch it again. There was a good mixture of emotional stuff, action, romance and comedy after all :)
Inactive, probably forever.

kitkatze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My housemate (HS) is very obsessed with this. I like it too. I did see it with her and our mates in the cinema but since the DVD release, I now know the lyrics to most of the songs by heart and most of the script. :rolleyes:   I thought it was one of the better releases from Disney that wasn't stupid enough to make what could have been a decent film with all the feels without adding a badass horse for pleasing the kiddies (Tangled):rolleyes:   I just dont get all the hype but I do love "Let it go".

I hope disney continues to produce films of more serious quality with most of the characters having some depth.