The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1787 · 131893

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched the pilot episode to The Newsroom the other day.  Although I am generally a fan of Aaron Sorkin's writing in the West Wing, I did not enjoy his offering in this show.  It all just felt too contrived, sanctimonious, and fake to me.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Darkness Falls 2003
Vampire's Suck
Scary Movie 2000

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Outback (2012)
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have been half-watching and half-listening to the 2nd National League Championship Game between the St. Louis Cardinals and the San Fransisco Giants.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
An anime from the 80s/90s caled "Hell Teacher Nube". It's a shonen series about a school teacher who is also an exorcist who battles all kinds of supernatural beings while trying to balance it with his life as an educator. It's pretty good, actually.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Classic doctor who serial Death to the daleks

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched the Lego Movie the other day and was pleasantly surprised.  There were so many ways that that concept could have been done badly, but they managed to produce a very enjoyable film.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Your Inner Fish
A documentary about researching how early prehistoric fish developed limbs that allowed them to walk on land and utterly change the face of life forever.

There was one segment I cant stop snickering at. In genetics, there is a gene called "hedgehog", which sends a signal for limb development. This particular signal triggers the development of fingers (pinkie finger first, apparently) in an embryo's paddle hands (no matter what animal that embryo will become). Too little of this signal causes less digits to form. Too much of this signal causes extra digits to form. So now we have an explanation for how polydactalism happens. The manipulation of the gene signal, placed in another part of the embryo's body, caused a mirror image of that limb to form in the new place, an experiment that had not been able to be replicated until now, since 1961. And what did they name this signal that is an incredible boon to genealogy? I kid you not, "sonic hedgehog".

Twenty-first century science! Where we make monumental discoveries about how our bodies develop and function, then name them after video game mascots :lol !

But I'm really happy to have learned something brand spanking new, namely in genetics and embryology. Even if that particular new discovery has a silly name...