The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Adventuring in Chicago

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, everyone! I'm of for Chicago tommorrow. I'm going there to meet up with a friend of mine, and we're both going to attend the Wizard World comic convention. I'm not a big comic book fan, but there are other things to do there.

We'll also be checking out the sites of the city. I'll be back Monday. :)

Take care, Land Before Time fans.  :wave

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I live about an hour away from Chicago....If you're there on Friday or saturday...I'd like to meet! that would be awesome!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope you 2 can meet, that does sound like it could be fun. Good luck and hope you have fun during your trip.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude, you live in hour from Chicago? Awesome! I'm going to be attending the Wizard World Comic convention there. ^^ Maybe we'll meet up.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Have fun out there KK23! Never been to Chicago myself (or a comic book convention for that matter)  :lol

Have a blast buddy! Let us know what ya get up to! ;)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Have fun! If you could meet another member it'd be awesome!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Chicago, eh?  I lived there for three years due to the life of a Navy family(transfers and moving), and it is a very nice city :yes.  If you two have much downtime, there are a few hotspots to see:

Museum of Natural History:  Not only are dinosaur bones there, but many other exhibits exist, such as cavemen living conditions, witch doctors' practices, gems and unique rock formations, and perhaps some other exhibits.

Shedd Aquarium:  Lots of wildlife :yes.  They even have penguins, dolphins and beluga whales.

Museum of Science and Industry:  Lots of history on industry.  They even exhibit some of the original Ford models from the beginning of the twentieth century.

Shopping:  Michigan Avenue, Magnificent Mile and the historic Water Tower(one of the few surviving original buildings after the Great Chicago Fire) are all great places to shop.  If I remember correctly, the tower has at least eight stories, and there is access to FAO Sweetz, the world's largest candy store :P:.  That brings back fond memories of Christmas shopping downtown :yes.

Oh, yeah.  Don't forget to go to the top of the Sears Tower.  The view is beyond the imagination.

One final and very important pointer: Have fun, and brace yourselves when walking.  It really is windy there :yes.