The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite video game and why

F-14 Ace · 147 · 18082

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you can afford an Alienware notebook, I'd say go for it.  Alienware isn't cheap  :o

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've heard about Windows Vista...isn't that what the beta version was named "Longhorn"? I've heard a few suscipious rumours about having to pay subscription fees for the new version of Windows... :unsure: dunno how solid that info is but it sorta sounds believable to prevent people from ripping copies of it. A new security protocol or something to that effect. Sounds like another Windows M.E. to me and we all know how successful that was PMSL  :lol

As for the Alienware lappy, if you got the cash for it..by all means. I'm sure you won't be disappointed ;)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
If you DO have to pay for Windows Vista, I'm gonn be sooo POed.  Bill Gates has enough money as it is. :mad

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Like I said, I'm not entirely sure how solid that info was but if it is true then I'm probably gonna be sticking to XP. It's not perfect but it does make a few tasks a lot easier. From what I was told, you pay an annual subscription (whether you can break it down into weekly/monthly/quarterly payments I dunno) but basically you have to pay a certain amount each and every year.

Maybe there's an article or news flash about it somewhere online...not that I'm particularly bothered though. Mircosoft is a money-guzzling monster of a monopoly and I rarely trust MS products to work well anyway... :p

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just got finished with Secret Weapons Over Normandy, another air combat simulator.  But of all the wierd things I've seen in any game, the wierdest was in here.  I unlocked a Star Wars TIE-fighter and X-wing.  Now tell me, why would a fighter from Star Wars be in a WWII air combat simulator?  I mean, you have this X-wing going up against German Bf-109s and ME-262s and stuff.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone here ever play Runescape? That game is very adictive.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Yes, I did and I agree that it is really good. I confess though that in the long run I became bored of spending most of the time just working with metal trying to get my smithing level up in order to make better weapons and armor.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hehe, I used to a long time ago but I never really got into it, dunno why, never really gave it the time.

Hehe, have you heard of Silkroad? Now THAT'S an awesome mmorpg :D that's the current one I'm playing, it rocks! :yes

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone here ever played Secret Weapons Over Normandy?  Excellant game, beautiful graphics, good story line.  I love that you can use American, German, British, Russian, and Japanies planes.  You get the British and American planes automaticly and in some missions, you have to steal some German planes, Japanies, planes, and you automaticly get the Russian Yak-5 when you go to the Eastern Front.  Like in real life, the German and Japanies and Russian pilots speak their languages.  You can tell what they are saying because there are subtitles.  My favorite plane so far is the Mosquito Mk.3.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't played it yet, but it's on my list.

Right now, I'm hooked on Dynasty Warriors Advance (can't remember numbers) on GBA.  It's pretty intense with storylines, battles, trying to make the right move so that you can't lose when an important ally dies (usually saving his tail ever so often).

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another thing I love about Secret Weapons Over Normandy is the theme music.  It sounds like one from those old, WWII flying movies.  That is what the whole game feels like.   I actually felt like a part of history when I played it. :P:
Here isa link to thw site if anyone wants to check it ouy.  You will also hear part of the theme music.  You'll see what I mean if you click the link.
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/normandy/index2.html

buba

• Ruby
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love to play Serious Sam. Ever played it?
Oooh yeah!  This is the Perfect game for a few friends to LAN, cooperative.  Sure we all die a few hundred times during the course of a game, but hey.  Good times!

I actually have (and finished) Serious Sam, first and second encounter.  I recently purchased Serious Sam II, but I can't find my Play Disc for it!  It's disappeared, so I can't finish it!  from what I have played though, it's just like the first two, but more enhanced.  More Good Stuff! :D  I love it!

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I don't even think I've heard of that game before. Is it like a fps (First Person Shooter)?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yup, it's a First-person shooter.  You play as a tough brute with lots of big guns, who gets to mow down countless crazy critters. :D

The best part is that you can play the missions cooperative with up to 8 (or 16?  i can't remember.  I never played more than 4) live people.  You can increase the difficulty of the monsters and the game for more players, so it gets very interesting.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh dang, that sounds awesome! :P: Hmmm, is it for the pc?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh dang, that sounds awesome!  Hmmm, is it for the pc?
Yup, PC.  I Play it over LAN with friends sometimes.  I think there is also a PS2 version of Serious Sam II, but I could be mistaken.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Anyone ever played any of the Mega Man games?  Those things are so sweet.  Espically the Mega Man X series!  Thanks to my most recent purchase of "Mega Man X Collection" for GC, I can't get enough of them! :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone ever played any of the Mega Man games?
Haha YES, Now we're talking!  :D

I've played every megaman game up to Megaman X4 for the PS2, including megaman 1-6 for the NES, Megaman 7, X, X2, X3, and Megaman Soccer for the SNES, and Megaman Legends for the PS1.

I couldn't get enough of them when I was younger.  I think I lacked the skill to beat them when I played them originally, but I haven't played them for so long now, I probably still can't beat them. :lol

Remember back to the first Megaman, when it had the score at the top of the screen?  That didn't last very long :p

I still have to say, Megaman 2, 3 and 7 are my favorites to this day.  The music was awesome (Crashman's stage (MM2) = Good music hehe), the games were simple (no hunting for 10 billion items).  I liked Megaman X, however the length of your lifebar for the first bit of the game wasn't very friendly :p

I really want to get the Megaman collections for the Gamecube, but I couldnt' afford them when they came out, and now I can't find them! :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you've got a Walmart in your home town I'm sure you'll find one there.  Maybe even Circut City.  Just remember, you'll have to pay $30.00 for each one. :p

As of now, along with Mega Man and Mega Man X Collections, I have Mega Man X: Command Mission for GC (A very nice RPG game.) and Mega Man: Battle Network 2 for GBA.

Just so you know Action, in Mega Man Collection, along with 1-8 it also includes two unlockable arcade games that appeared only in Japan.

And in Mega Man X Collection, you get 1-6 plus an unlockable Mega Man racing game. (Featuring all the charcters from the original Mega Man series.)

Oh, and if you need help in those games, I can give you some strategies that I used to beat them. (Just be warned, with the X series, you HAVE to be fast.)

I must admit one thing though, X series is harder than the original.  Yet, I enjoy the X series so much more. :)