The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does anyone know more about these books?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While checking out Amazon for land before time books I stumbled across a couple of new "publications" which look rather different from the other land before time publications. I admit I am a bit at a loss about what to make of this, this, this, this, and that. It looks like these are supposed to be "lists", but with more than 100 pages and the not exactly modest +$20 price I am wondering if this is some kind of rip-off (sure looks like it to me) or if there may be any interesting information included in these publications?
Does anyone here happen to own one of these?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've searched on google for a bit, and all sites that show up with the same title are in some way related to amazon (they sell products through amazon etc).

At least I've never heard of them before.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This looks really fake to me. I mean come on, why would somebody put The Land Before Time in the same book as Hannah Montana and High School Musical? I mean sure somebody could be making a comparison to the characters children related to then to the ones of today, but these are all made by the same LLC Books and there are no covers for any of the books. They just look really bland and not real. The titles are not attracting enough at all; these really just sound like lists from Wikipedia or something like that. I don't really know.

I would imagine that Universal would have to grant permission for their characters to be used in books such as these, but I don't see anywhere about them acknowledging these books. In my opinion, these books really don't seem to be real to me.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I totally agree that it looks really odd.
It is not a private auction however and this publisher "Books LLC" offers a very large number of rather odd sounding titles. I do not doubt that one would receive "something" when buying one of those LBT related titles, but I am very doubtful as to what that something would be.