The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Eagle scout!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Only 4% of all the people who join Boy Scouts actually makes it to the rank of Eagle Scout.  I am now part of that 4%! :birthday  :birthday  :birthday  :birthday But even fuwer scouts actually get Palms.  Palms are awards given for getting 26 merit badges.  I have 24 merit badges and will be taking 5 more at summer camp this summer!  Man, my parents are so proud of me.  This is something I have spent years working for and it wasn't easy.  I had to plan and lead a service peoject and my project was to build an outside sitting area for the teachers at my school.  There was no place for the teachers to sit outside so I made a brick patio and added two benches. The teachers like it and they get a lot of use out of it. Anyway, I am thinking of becoming an Assistant Scout Master after I turn 18 so I can continue my scouting career.  This is a big night for me.  This is by far the greatest accomplishment I have ever made (besides surviving my evil 6th grade English teacher's class :rolleyes: ).  When someone makes the rank of Eagle Scout, they get letters from people from all over the world.  I went to an Eagle Scout ceremony where a kid got letters from the President, Vice-President, Secretary of State, Chief Justus of the US Surpreme Court, several congressmen and Senators, Montgomery Mayor Bobby Bright, Governor Bob Riley, and several others.  He got over 100 letters in all plus a plaque and several other awards.  If you have that you were an Eagle Scout on your job resume, you are probably more likely to get a job because it shows that not only to you work hard but you also stick with something for a long time.  This is a very big night for me and I am glad to finally have the rank.  It still needs to be approved the national people but if the local council approved me then the national council will certainly approve me.   :D  :D  :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, I remember the time I was so close to becoming an Eagle Scout.  The thing was that I was so incredibly close.  I had finished all my merit badge requirements and just had my Eagle Project to do.  And then they go and change the requirements on me!  Because of a few facts of mine, I had NO way of earning the Eagle once it happened.  It sucked really and it was totally unfair!  I just felt like someone stole something so precious to me, because I really wanted it, but had NO way of getting it. :( Also, because of it, I lost the morale to do my Eagle Project.  I felt that, if I couldn't get it anyways, what was the point?

Anyways, great to hear!  Great job, F-14 Ace! :)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Congrats! You should be be proud of this accomplishment. :D