The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Permanently Changed My IP Address

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, if you've got anything linked through the LBT Server without using the domain name (www.lbtserver.2myip.net), your links will no longer work.  I told you this would happen one day.  Hopefully this doesn't apply to anyone.  I've permanently changed my IP address due to speed problems on my network.  I'm not gonna lie.  I don't know enough about networking to know exactly WHY these speed problems existed.  I just knew that they did and that changing my IP address would most likely help (and it did).  Changing your IP address is pretty easy actually if you know modem hacking like me. :p

So yeah, I think things are fixed now, but I might need to change IP's again one day.  That's why I INSIST on linking through lbtserver.2myip.net if you want to use external linking.  Just replace the IP address and port with the domain name and you'll be fine.  If you don't do this, ALL your links will cease to function if I change my IP address again.  I might just do it in the next few days because I don't particularly like the number. :p I just can't seem to memorize 66.41.132.139. :bang Oh, and don't worry about privacy here.  Anyone with a brain can see my IP address when they go to my server anyways.  Besides...I've got the best network security around. :p I'd be more worried about the attacker than me if I found them. :nyah