The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

World of Furry

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((Skipped ahead a bit!))

Vergil entered the garage now, going over some things in his head. OK... what's done is done. He couldn't go back now. But he rather... liked it too. Approaching his Cord 812, Vergil opened the trunk, tossed his bag inside, and slapped it closed. Heading around the beautiful car to the driver's side, he got in, and started up the motor, relishing the sound as it came to life.

Taking out the slip of paper and briefly glancing over it again, he memorized the directions, and remembered something last minute. He got out, and lowered the car's top, pushing it away, and got back in as he selected first gear with the lever, and pressed the clutch to semi-automatically shift into gear. Getting his car rolling, Vergil passed the security gate and quickly accelerated, moving towards the highway now as the wind once more started to whip his feathers.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon smiled and wrapped an arm around Adrian's shoulders as the two left the locker room.
"Mmm...been a long time since we've had a real team, hasn't it?"
She murred, her face flushed and still tinged with her blush.  Adrian nodded, chuckling a little as the two made their way towards the garage.  
"Yeah.  Too long.  Hope we still got the skills.  Oh, and I put in a requisitions form for some new equipment for the suits.  Universal Maintenance Project stuff, should make the team work a little smoother.  Still...Wonder who was nice enough to give us a house?"
He mused, as the two mounted their vehicles.  Shannon rode her usual bike, a sleek, low-slung motorcycle, while Adrian had a newer, experimental tri-wheeled cycle, painted in his customary black and red.  The two nodded, gunning their engines and making their way towards the place that they would be living...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil sped along the highway, going the legal limit as he drove around the city towards the new house. Who exactly was this benefactor? Why were they provided such sumptuous quarters? He figured he'd get the answer soon enough... but for now, once again, he wanted to enjoy the ride. His Cord sped along, taking the "slow" lane for the analog cars, but he was still going fast enough for him, fast enough to feel the wind in his face, a sensation he loved.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian and Shannon dodged their way through traffic, making sure to follow all the rules of the road, as well as keeping to the speed limits.  The two of them grinned at each other under their helmets, eager to see their new amenities...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil took the proper exit which led more towards the seaside areas of the city. So... they were living out by the water? Vergil was fine with that. OK so... it was out here a ways... he had committed the address to memory, and began looking at these rather nice houses.

Taking a left-hand turn up a winding road, the Cord climbed the hills until Vergil slowed to gander at what looked like their new home. Yep... cliff-side, it had an absolutely fantastic view of the ocean, and was fairly modern, as well as large. Edging his Cord up to the gate, Vergil leaned out of the car for a retinal scan, which was apparently to lock in his biological signature as new co-owner of the house. Once the scan completed, the gate slid back, and Vergil drove into the large driveway, heading for the garage. He stopped before it however. It was a nice day, no need to put the top up, and he figured he'd leave his car out here for now until Adrian and Shannon arrived. Oh... he'd have to get his belongings from his apartment too. All his paintings were still back there after all... but he could do that tonight, or some other day.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian and Shannon pullled up into their new home, both grinning wide at the new house they had been given, though both of them were still cautious as they entered their retinal scan patterns, driving their bikes into the garage and dismounting...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil stood by his Cord, smiling at them. "Well... what do you think?" he asked, spreading his arms now. "It's... certainly big!" he exclaimed. "I haven't gone inside yet, though."

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian smiled and glanced around.
"Well, it's certainly a big place.  Guess we must've done something right by someone, huh?"
He chuckled.  Shannon smirked, wrapping her arms around the shoulders of both Adrian and Vergil, tail wagging eagerly.
"Mmm...can't wait to check it out inside.  If the garage is this nice..."
She giggled...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Let's go!" Vergil suggested, and moved to open the door to the interior with his tail (since he had his arms about Adrian and Shannon). Moving in, he smiled at the sight. Big, airy, open rooms, a staircase leading up, windows looking out on the picturesque view, and all fine paneling on the floor. "Huh... it's... well I'm officially impressed." Vergil finally said. "Who's our benefactor, Adrian?"

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian shook his head.
"They never told me who gave us this place.  Suppose we ought to be careful, huh?"
He said softly, as Shannon smiled...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes..." Vergil began walking towards the windows now. "Particularly since we don't GET these kind of perks without strings attached... usually... so we'll watch ourselves... for now." he said, turning back to them.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Shannon grinned as she looked out the window, tail wagging happily as she stared out at the ocean.
"This is amazing, though!  I mean, this much space, and the views~!"
She gushed happily, as Adrian looked around.
"Huh.  Looks like some of our stuff has already been brought here.  Guess this was in the works for a while."
He mused quietly...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"It is indeed a nice place." Vergil smiled. "It's got great views, nice location... and we're away from the bustle of the city." He turned now at Adrian's comment, and thought about this for a moment. "I wonder if my paintings are here as well..." he thought aloud.

Looking around, he noticed stairs leading up and stairs leading down. "Guess the bedrooms are above and below." he commented. "You don't think all our stuff is there already... do you?"

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian shrugged as he made his way towards the stairs.
"Who knows?  Maybe they selected us on the mission so they could move us in."
He chuckled, looking at the room layout...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil nodded, and moved down the stairs, walking through a hall until he found a room. This one opened up right on to the pool... yes, they had a pool, as well. And yep... there were his paintings, including his newest one that was still a work in progress. "I don't believe it... " he murmured, shaking his head. "Hey! My stuff's all here!" he called out.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian opened the door to his room, noting that his collected blades and other weapons were all set on neat racks around the room.
"Same here!  Guess they gave Shannon the basement, so..."
Before he could finish his sentence, Shannon came running up the stairs grinning.
"My stuff's here too!  Guess that's why we were sent out to take that incursion, huh?"
She giggled eagerly...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Vergil reappeared in the living room now, which had a very contemporary style fireplace in the middle of it. "Hmm... well I guess the change is one I could get use to." he said, rubbing his chin. "We have a pool out back, by the way." he informed them, hooking his thumb over his shoulder.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian perked up immensely, grinning.
"No...freaking...way!  Okay, so I think we may be the luckiest guys ever!  I mean, full stop luckiest!"
He said, tail wagging eagerly as Shannon smiled happily, bouncing  up and down excitedly like a kid...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Heh... well since we're on downtime, I'm up for a swim." Vergil suggested, smiling now. "I  haven't had one in ages... and it sounds like a good way to unwind after a day like today. Heh... though I suppose I already started that earlier." he winked in Shannon's direction now.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian chuckled a little, then looked back at the staircase.
"Yeah...why not.  You guys can go ahead, I've gotta go get my swimsuit on..."
He said quietly as Shannon opened the door and started stripping down...