The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Strange and Wonderful Finds

Serris · 9 · 1247

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What are some strange and wonderful things you have found on the ground?

Yesterday, I found a discarded server computer by the dumpster and I kept it. It was new too (2001) and in good shape (VERY dusty though). And when my father opened it, there was a hard drive in it.

I have also found an old crab trap (cleaned and now in service).

I have found numerous lures and sinkers on docks and fishing areas (all kept).

I found a great stapler and a pair of scissors in the trash can during locker clean out at school (and many other things). (All kept)

I caught a almost new snorkling mask while fishing (kept)

My mom caught a cell phone while fishing (non functional and now properly disposed of).

Before you complain about "no morals", I should tell you that these items were either discarded or identifying the owner was impossible.

I seem to be able to find may things, it's like I have the Pokemon ability "Pickup"  :lol  :p

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Once I found a blue, red, and white stone that must have belonged to some necklace. It was in my primary school days, but I still have it.
Once I found what I "identified" as a rusty cannonball. I don't really know if indeed it is or if somebody had just lost a not stainless Boules ball a couple of decades ago, but either way it sure looks like a cannonball enough to satisfy me ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I found an aluminum box cutter, handy for opening the packages I get in the mail or ups.  

Once found a mercury dime as a kid, but with what happened I have only a few items, 2 dr who books, from my childhood, and at least 1 article of clothing.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I found a coral fossil in my garden when I was up for some digging work once.
Since I live in the woods (no fossil to find here) I was very happy!
It's on my shelf above my desk :p

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a very interesting thing to find.  Have you tried to get more information such as maybe the period it could be from or anything else like that?

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I once found a fossilized Stigmaria root, which I then entered in a proper competition, where most people were entering ammonites the length of your arm, and it came third in one of the categories!

My prize? £1.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I found a relatively new computer on the side of the freeway.  It had obviously flown out of the person's truck or something and they abandoned it thinking it couldn't have possibly survived.  Well, everything worked except for the floppy drive incredibly. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile