The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My fanfiction.net name is Jake Scott...Im new here

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hey there. :wave  Seems like you're already gettting to know other members and enjoying yourself.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
So you're a Dinotopia fanfiction writer? Awesome! :smile I've read a lot of Dinotopia books, but I've seen very little in the way of fan work.

Welcome to the Gang of Five! :D

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh my god! Hey! It's Kingdomkey23! Great to see you!

I got your PM. I'm not sure how I can help. I don't even know about the Dinotopia series.

But anyway, glad to see you on the Gof.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
crap Kingdomkey23, I don't even REMEMBER much of the dinotopia series so that makes us even.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I have some knowledge of Dinotopia, having seen the miniseries, listened to an audiobook of book one and part of book 2, looked through books 1 and 2 at the library, looked through Journey to Chandara (which I bought), saw the animated movie, and saw part of the TV series.

My favorite incarnation of Dinotopia, though, is the book series and audiobooks of Dinotopia. Not really too much of a fan of the miniseries, TV series, or animated movie. I do like some things about them, like Freefall from the miniseries and TV series, but for the most part, I prefer the books/audiobooks.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome to the GOF Emeraldsunstone1990 :)
It's very nice to have another Dinotopia fan with us. Sorry for the late welcome. I have been on a trip through Sweden and Norway during the last week without any internet connection.
Do you know the Dinotopia audio plays which Kacie (DarkHououmon) already mentioned? They are based on the first two books by James Gurney and I think they are a really awesome addaptation of the books.
I was very disappointed with the miniseries which I found fell really way too short of the Dinotopia of the books while I did like the series (not quite the Dinotopia of the books (which in any case would be a really huge thing to achieve) but certainly closer to it than the mini series.
Anyway, please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes