The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 172996

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It seems like over the years we keep thinking we’ve found a VHS copy with the missing footage, and every time it just leads us to  a standard copy.

But what about that rumor that the uncut version was broadcast in Finland in the mid-90’s? Do we know for sure that it was just a rumor?

I am no expert on this since I was a small kid back then, but I have a faint memory of seeing the first Land Before Time on VHS when visiting a friend in the early 2000's, and I was wondering why they had changed some of the scenes. The VHS my friend had was the regular version, so either:
a) I had seen the uncut version as a kid before (not when it broadcastet, but on tape. We used to record a lot of shows and movies on VHS tapes)
b) I didn't remember how the movie went / mixed it up with some other movie.

Maybe the latter is more likely, considering that I don't remember much about my childhood in the 90's. But, I know for sure that this is a topic that Finnish fans also talk about. Mostly I've seen it on toy collector forums/FB pages, so it's not necessarily that insightful, but I remember taking a part in a few conversations. Usually they end with a statement like "I hope that someone had recorded it on tape and still have it saved somewhere." So, I would say that it is a myth until someone can provide footage of it :\

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
This thread has been pretty quiet this year, but at least there hasn’t been another false hope of coming across a tape with the scenes. How many times has that happened, now?  :lol

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
MUST
FIND
THE
TAPE

Finland
---------

I still hope someday we will see some footage with some deleted scene, even the shortest one
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412