The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1783 · 124333

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Mo-o-o always lo-o-ove a go-o-od movie/story that details a teacher out there who cares so-o-o much for the welfare and success of their students. I've always appreciated teachers that care and make the journey of learning a worthwhile one, but once Mo-o-o saw this movie called "Freedom Writers" in high school, my respect and love really skyrocketed from there. :smile

So-o-o-o, for today, Mo-o-o is watching this movie called "The Ron Clark Story", based on a true story. As the title suggests, it details the journey of a man named Ron Clark, who taught at an elementary school before going to teach in New York City in the neighborhood of Harlem. He did not like the idea of a boring education, and so when noticing his students are quite bored and uninterested in wanting to learn, making it his sole mission to get them excited and raise their test scores in the process as well.

The story goes further than the movie as well. Eventually, not wanting to just change the lives of one class, but for an entire school, he decides to open one himself! So eventually, he moves to Atlanta and opens one from a building that he converted from an abandoned factory. It is the Ron Clark Academy, a middle school, and it has been consistently been churning out some of the best test grades, and some of the most motivated and great learners ever! :petrieooohh :Dducky

It was founded in 2007, so 1 year after the film, haha.

I will have to note though, it is a private school, with a tuition of about $18,000 per year. They also accept a very limited amount of students per year, around 32 I believe. So unfortunately, this school wouldn't be for everyone. And some of the concepts and ideas in practice at Ron Academy may not work too well at an actual public school, but at the very least Ron Clark's heart is in the right place, and they do constantly offer teacher workshops to external teachers to inspire them and teach them about new techniques that they can bring back to their own classrooms.

But anyway... here is the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn9zxlfDPDQ

P.S: Why does his academy literally look like a real life Hogwarts wizard school? Like it even has dragons! :ChomperPOG
The video below will give you a bit of a tour of that. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhmRpEL1DRU

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...