The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

County Band 2008

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I recently attended Armstrong County Band 2008, a band festival for all high schools in the county.

For two days, we all became a band, basically. I was on third trumpet, because I got lucky and got the last spot. I sounded so much better than the trumpets from Ford City (Our arch-nemesis school).  <_<

Our conductor was Dr. Worybtz (I know. Interesting last name.) But the one thing we all thought was funny was his description of dynamics. He said, "You guys are playing like...'pet the kitty.' I need you to play like 'KILL the kitty!'

We had a good concert. I'm getting a CD soon, so maybe I'll post some of our songs.

But I had fun!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is the most important thing was that you had fun.  Sounds like everything went well there.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It did.

But the only thing was that we came in for day 2 and everyone was in that "ahhhhhhhg" attitude. My friends and I sat in seats under the balcony and the ceiling looked like it was going to fall down.

I was like "Hey! The ceiling's gonna fall down!"

Sara, my one friend, was like, "Good! It can fall on us so we don't have to play today!"  :lol

But it was all worth it when we played in the concert that night.  :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"You guys are playing like...'pet the kitty.' I need you to play like 'KILL the kitty!'
LOL! Classic. :lol  :p

We had a good concert. I'm getting a CD soon, so maybe I'll post some of our songs.
Sure, that would be awesome! :)
I could post up some recordings of my high school band too, if we get a topic like that going. ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No reason you can't start a topic like that that I see.