The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ice Age 3

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I think this latest entry in the Ice Age series looks retarded. They just keep taking further and further away from its base element.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roger Ebert seemed to think it was the best one so far.  I plan on seeing it at some point.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I just saw this movie last night with my brother, and I LOVED it! :D I actually thought it was the best in the series. (I hate giving away spoilers, but I might just slip here, so don't keep reading this if you don't want to know too much about the movie.) Not only did I lose count of how many times I cracked up during the film (though not at the more risquÈ jokes; I really don't care for that kind of humor), but the dinosaurs were AWESOME. The mother T. rex was, in my opinion, the coolest animated tyrannosaur since Sharptooth (I actually had chills in the scene where she first makes her entrance). And the apparent anachronism of Pleistocene non-avian dinosaurs didn't bother me in the slightest. The series does correctly establish that dinosaurs were extinct before the time of the mammoth and the mastodon; (:p :p :p) this movie simply utilizes the loophole of dinosaurs surviving isolated from the rest of the world (the first instance I've seen of a "lost world" set in prehistoric times :p).

By the way, WeirdRaptor, from what I have seen of your posts, your opinions and outlooks on most subjects are often almost polarically different from mine. So I don't know if you would have the same appreciation for this movie as I do, assuming you haven't seen it yet. However, I do recall that you have expressed interest in seeing a dinosaur movie in which the carnivores are portrayed as something other than mindless, evil, and/or bumbling "bad guys" (an opinion I can definitely agree with :yes). If you have not seen this movie yet, I would recommend that you do so, for the reason that the dinosaurs in this film break the mold in the exact way that you describe (intelligent, even sensitive carnivores, and decidedly non-placid herbivores). I may regret saying this, seeing as you may dislike the movie anyway, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I saw this movie as well and I absolutely loved it! The role of the mother T-Rex was adorable and entertaining at the same time even if it was ferocious at first. X3

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I just saw it today with my best friend and my gosh we both LOVED IT! :wub

It was REALLY funny to me and it was sweet seeing Manny and Ellie raising Peaches, their daughter in the end. :) Sid was always one of favorite characters and I espeically loved him in this sequel. I loved both Ice Age and Ice Age 3. I thought the second one was okay. But the third was FUNNY!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Hmm. If the carnivores are portrayed with actual personality and tact, I might like this one.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I've changed my opinion after watching the movie. For some reason Dreamworks used the most retarded and unfunny jokes in trailers. But it's not as bad as i was thinking before. My verdict - B+. :)