The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Art of Adolf Hitler

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
http://www.hitler.org/art/

Looking at all these makes me feel very sad for some reason...there's a very tragic quality to them.

(^ That's supposed to be Mary with Jesus---they look too European in my opinion, but otherwise very beautiful)

I heard that Hitler didn't have much confidence in his abilities---I wonder if that traumatized him and made him into the character we know him as today...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Looking at all these makes me feel very sad for some reason...there's a very tragic quality to them.

I don't know why that is.  Looking at these images does not invoke any emotional response in me...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I believe Hitler was into architectual art, not the stuff you see here.  Plus, at least what history has taught, he wasn't that good at it either.  Someone has an agenda...who runs that site???

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I believe Hitler was into architectual art, not the stuff you see here. Plus, at least what history has taught, he wasn't that good at it either.
Actually Hitler was not trying to become an architect but really did have ambitions to become an artist. For some time he made a living on painting postcards. I haven't seen many examples of his art and can't say for sure whether or not every of the pictures in this thread was really made by him. However, those pictures I have seen, though not quite my genre, were not bad if judged objectively.
I heard that Hitler didn't have much confidence in his abilities---I wonder if that traumatized him and made him into the character we know him as today...
He was refused at an art school for lack of talent before WW1. Let's just say that world history might have taken a very different turn if some lecturer at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna had been in a more "generous" mood back then...
Come to think of it I think I once read the lecturers at that accademy recomended Hitler to become an architect as he was regarded unfit for painting. He could not pursue that path though for lack of accademic education.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do hope for this thread to continue as it could be the begining of many interesting discussions on different matters.
As it may be on very critical topics I decided to move the thread to the After Midnight section.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, to be honest, I don't know much about the guy.  I have never had a history class that even brushed the subject.  Believe me, I would have noticed.  I have always wondered exactly who this guy was.  The only thing I know is that he was associated with Germany in some way and that a lot of people hated him for some reason that I don't know.  That's about it.  I wonder why he isn't mentioned in any history class...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are you kidding? You don't know anything about who Adolf Hitler was or what he (and his willful followers) committed? :o

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 28 2007 on  01:44 PM
Well, to be honest, I don't know much about the guy.  I have never had a history class that even brushed the subject.  Believe me, I would have noticed.  I have always wondered exactly who this guy was.  The only thing I know is that he was associated with Germany in some way and that a lot of people hated him for some reason that I don't know.  That's about it.  I wonder why he isn't mentioned in any history class...
I don't know what kind of curriculum your school is after, but most would compare Hitler to the devil himself.  Yes, he was the President/Dictator of Germany, 1932-1945, and thanks to him, we had what was known as WWII.  He's also known for mass genocide of millions of persons who believed in the Jewish faith.

Maybe that will ring a bell.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Nope.  Never heard of that before.  I guess my school sucks at teaching.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 28 2007 on  02:16 PM

Nope.  Never heard of that before.  I guess my school sucks at teaching.
Or they just don't put much emphasis on world history...this was a major time period. :blink:   Fancy that.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I did a powerpoint presentation on him in middle school. I was probably in eighth grade or something. :p

I like the art here as well, though I don't remember the last one, I didn't think what was done by Hitler.

I found Hitler to be one of the most fascinating people in history at that age, and I was REALLY into the holocaust as well. I still do, just haven't read the autobiography yet. :p

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've seen these picture before.

I thought that they weren't that bad, but according to an artistic friend of mine, they are really bad. He actually takes lessons in art and everything.

Now take a careful look at the paintings. They seem boring, don't they?

These pictures, at least according to my friend, lack contrast, focus, and shading. Now, go to the picture of the buildings. Notice the man walking near the right of the picutre. Then, notice the chimneys. See how the shadows are pointing in different directions? The whole shading in the picture is messed up, and it looks like the light is coming from an extremely low angle. However, in the picture, it is daytime.

In summary, Hitler was a terrible arist, which only contributes to the fact that he was a terrible person in general.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Dima02,Nov 27 2010 on  10:36 PM

I thought that they weren't that bad, but according to an artistic friend of mine, they are really bad. He actually takes lessons in art and everything.

These pictures, at least according to my friend, lack contrast, focus, and shading. Now, go to the picture of the buildings. Notice the man walking near the right of the picutre. Then, notice the chimneys. See how the shadows are pointing in different directions? The whole shading in the picture is messed up, and it looks like the light is coming from an extremely low angle. However, in the picture, it is daytime.

In summary, Hitler was a terrible arist, which only contributes to the fact that he was a terrible person in general.
So because one person says they're bad, that means he's right and you're going to change your opinion on these pictures because of what that one person said? Dude, form your own opinion. Just because your friend studies art doesn't exactly mean he's right. Art is subjective. What may look terrible to someone may look great to another.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I found Hitler to be one of the most fascinating people in history at that age, and I was REALLY into the holocaust as well. I still do, just haven't read the autobiography yet
One book which I highly recommend is "The Meaning of Hitler"
"The Meaning of Hitler" (German original title would be "Anmerkungen zu Hitler") by Sebastian Haffner. Not only is the book really well thought through, and interesting, but it is also very readable and not so long (about 180 pages I think) as to overwhelm the reader as some of the several thousand pages Hitler biographies do. To anyone who isn't yet an "expert" on Hitler but would like to learn a bit more about him I recommend this book.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: Dima02,Nov 27 2010 on  10:36 PM

So his art sucks because of some law from a art text book?
That is sad. At least Hitler drew better than me. Considering equipment in the past he did awesome.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hitler was not a very good artist and lacked the schooling and grades to go into architecture. I have read extensively on Hitler and the Third Reich, in short Hitler was a monster, completely lacking in the feelings and affections for others that normally reside inside each of us. While history would have been very different if he had been accepted by the art school  (ie he would not have discovered the Nazi Party while working for the army in 1920) sadly, things did not turn out that way.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: