The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Activities

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
What do you like to do in your spare time?  I like to play video games, surf the internet, write my fanfic, shoot photos, play with my dog, walk around town, go to Bozeman and visit the Museum of the Rockies, target shooting and computer tinkering.  :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well let's see here,

First and foremost, my most dedicated pasttime has to be electronic music production on my computer.  I enjoy both composing and re-arranging existing music, and anytime I can get a funky music project going, I jump on it.  Recently I found out that my old high school band director was looking for a band or brass ensemble arrangement of the "Star Trek Voyager" theme song.  If I can find a recording of it, I am going to attempt to make one for my old high school band. :D
Perhaps I'll go to me old band director and ask her directly.  I'm sure she would have a recording  :rolleyes:
(P.S.  If Anyone here has a recording of this track, I would sincerely appreciate them sending it to me  :yes )

Interestingly enough, I can't play any musical instrument very well at all.  I can plunk out the odd simple tune on a piano/keyboard, and I used to play trumpet in high school, but I haven't picked up a trumpet in almost 3 years.
I rely on my computer for all my music needs.  As a result, I got used to working with computers  :lol

Computers have to be my second favorite pasttime.  I'm a little bit of a computer nerd, though nothing extreme.  I built my two home computers from parts I bought at an inexpensive, but very reputable, local computer store.  My computers are as follows:

Main computer, used for music production, some graphic/picture editing, some programming, and some gaming.

-Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz, Hyperthreading
-1 GB (2 x 512 MB) PC3200 DDRAM
-Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card (I want an X-Fi Platinum!  :blink: )
-Audio through either my Panasonic headphones, or my big 5.1 audio system, complete with 500 Watt receiver, 300W subwoofer, and full-sized speakers.  :D
Mind you, the speakers are at least 20 years old, and nothing special  <_<
-ATi Radeon 9550 (256 MB) video card
-a 80 GB 7200RPM hard drive
-a 20 GB 7200RPM hard drive
-CD/DVD RW (for ripping LBT movies  :lol )

My Second computer:  This computer is normally used either for storage space, or by one of my friends if I host a LAN party.

-AMD Sempron 2400+
-512 MB PC2100 DDRAM
-Sound Blaster Audigy (1) Gamer sound card
-Creative Labs 4.1 speakers
-ATi Radeon 9550 (256 MB) - same as my main computer.  
-80 GB 7200RPM hard drive
-52x CD-ROM
-8x CD/RW

As you may be able to tell, I like playing with audio equipment.  My old 1979 Pontiac is running a pretty big sound system (600w amp, 10" subwoofer, a set of older stereo speakers as the mains), considering the size and age of the car! :lol

Aside from sound and computers, my next hobby has to be my friends.  I love just heading out to the mall, browsing around, getting food (mmm...food....), playing video games, laser tag, going bowling, whatever, with a few good buddies.  

I'm not especially outdoorsy, and travelling isn't high on my list of priorities.  I've never been skilled at coordination and organization games, such as sports.  I suppose I never truly cared enough to bother learning the ins and out of the games, and I never gave them the hours of dedication to become good at them.

My favorite sports to play include volleyball and ping pong, though I haven't owned a ping pong table in years.  I was on the winning team in grade 10 phys ed though , so I can't be too bad :p.  I might be pretty bad now though.  I think I've only touched a ping pong table once since then.  That was...oh...5 years ago.

Most of my personal time is spent listening to / working with music, and chatting on MSN [if you have msn, add me (see profile for msn account info)  :lol]

I like taking pictures, though I'm no professional, and I don't have a large collection.  I have a nifty 5.1 Megapixel digital camera though, that I got for Christmas in 2004  :D
I've never been very skilled with art/drawing, nor have I given it the time it deserves.

Overall, my favorite pasttimes include spending time with good friends, and working on my random music projects  :DD

So why am I in an engineering course in college?  :blink:
I don't know...I hate endless math :slap
Which reminds me, I should go to bed.  I have a midterm lab exam in....8 1/2 hours.
[EDIT] I just got back from my exam, and that went awesome: 100%  :D  [/EDIT]

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice.  :)   I too like food and bowling.  I also like to collect Science Fiction movies.  Over the past year and a half I have built up quite a collection.  :DD

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I used to play trumpet in high school, but I haven't picked up a trumpet in almost 3 years.

playing video games, laser tag, going bowling, whatever, with a few good buddies.

Nice.  I too like food and bowling.

And I like these posts.  :lol:  :lol:

I was a trumpet player myself through high school....also did the french horn for six years too.  Can't afford one, so its been years since I've picked either or up, but I'm certainly I could still play them once I got back into the swing of things (bad joke).

Second part...food a bowling.  :P:  Yes, who doesn't like food?  Haha.  Sounds like another bad joke.  Spicy stuff....my roommate would be the first to tell you I need hot sauce on stuff. :lol  I've been in yearly bowling leagues for nine consecutive years too, and average about a 195, and that's not half bad for only going out once a week, and still using stuff you've had since high school.  :P:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To be honest, I actually almost do nothing else than sit on my computer. I don't think I've seen the light of day since...who knows :lol. I'm not saying that in a good way though X.X

Basically in my spare time if there is really nothing else to do, I will go on Silkroad, or if I just feel like goin on :P:. Sometimes I will also write my fanfic but mostly I just think about things to write in it and never actually write them :lol:

I love chatting on MSN. I could do that all day, if there's something to talk about that is :P:

Sometimes I'll just sit here fantasizing about Land Before Time, or imagining myself completely LBTifying my room :lol If only if only...

If I'm really bored, I'll watch Final Fantasy: Advent Children on my computer just because. :lol: Such an awesome movie. :D Or LBT 11 of course but that requires me to bar up my door :lol

In the summer however, we have a pool so I go swimming alot :D. Me and my friend used to do frontflips off of the stairs but my dad won't let us anymore -_- oh well. I guess it is a little crazy since the pool's only 3 ft deep :lol

Also, I love food. :DD Spicy! Everytime I'm gonna watch a movie I just have to eat something. :lol Good ole food :^.^:

Hehe, well I'll have plently to do in my spare time by Monday :D

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I'll just list my activities :p :

1.  Martial arts:  trained in karate school for 6 years, now I'm working on fine-tuning my skills with new styles from instructional videos

2.  Cooking:  a hobby I often enjoy, and I get better at it through my college classes (you could only imagine what I made for my family since ;) )

3.  Books:  who doesn't like to read a few good books?  The majority of my books are sci-fi and fantasy, but there are a few good murder mysteries and history books that I've read.

4.  Movies:  I watch nearly every movie that catches my eye (how good a movie is depends on whether or not I watch it again)

5.  Video games:  my top choices in games are fighting (martial arts), racing, and air simulation, but I have played a few RPGs that were very good

6.  Writing and drawing:  not too good at drawing, though I'm trying to work at it, and I'm fine-tuning my writing skills (hopefully to get SOME stories I started done...)

And to shorten things, I'll list the rest of my activies with little or no descriptions:

7.  Computer:  only place I can talk with you guys
8.  Paintball
9.  Cardio Workout:  to keep me in shape whem I'm not doing martial arts

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1. Martial arts: trained in karate school for 6 years, now I'm working on fine-tuning my skills with new styles from instructional videos
I took karate until orange belt, then I dropped out X.X. Don't really know why, I wasn't lazy or nothin, it was fun :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't taken karate for about 10 years, lol.  I got the first belt (what is it?  white or yellow?  White, I think) then lost interest.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I took Taekwondo and dropped out as soon as I bacame a green belt.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Who needs martial arts to know how to kick people where the sun don't shine?  :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Main computer, used for music production, some graphic/picture editing, some programming, and some gaming.

-Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz, Hyperthreading
-1 GB (2 x 512 MB) PC3200 DDRAM
-Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card (I want an X-Fi Platinum! )
-Audio through either my Panasonic headphones, or my big 5.1 audio system, complete with 500 Watt receiver, 300W subwoofer, and full-sized speakers.
Mind you, the speakers are at least 20 years old, and nothing special
-ATi Radeon 9550 (256 MB) video card
-a 80 GB 7200RPM hard drive
-a 20 GB 7200RPM hard drive
-CD/DVD RW (for ripping LBT movies )

As of today, I have made 2 significant computer upgrades and one program upgrade to further assist music production:

1) http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-164
A Massive 32 GB sound collection, complete with basically everything.  I'm Very impressed  :wow

2) A 250 GB hard drive, to actually install this 32 GB program, among future upgrades.

3) A purchased another 1 GB of RAM, to a total of 2 GB.

I cannot believe the performance difference from 1 GB to 2 GB.  Absolutely amazing; the software operates much smoother, load times are about 1/10 what they used to be, if not even shorter than that, and lag/skipping is virtually eliminated.  wow :D

New specs can be shown as:

Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz
2 GB DDRAM
350 GB hard drive space
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
ATi Radeon 9550 (256 MB) video card
DVD/RW

Sorry I sound so nerdy; I am just very impressed with the performance of my new toys :P:  B).  Anyways, I'll get some more LBT music out here sometime in the nearish future!  :DD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I often play computer games (usually something that has to to do with building up things and with strategy. Preferably strategy games in which you don't win by just building as many troops as possible. I'm not into shooter games while on the other hand I sometimes play combat flight simulators). In general my activities are more creative than social. Drawing, painting, carving (wood, soapstone, lineoleum etc...), modeling (clay etc.), creating moulds for tinfigures (and casting them), playing the keyboard, model building (planes, ships, tanks, but in particular creating dioramas which depict historical scenes with little figures. It has been a while since I have done this), writing (high time I continue working with my current story), reading (finished "Cold Mountain" today and begun with Leo Tolstois "War and Peace"). Much of my time is spend with university work.
Sometimes I go to the cinema with friends or play "Settlers of Catan" (a parlor game which is highly popular over here) with them.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Now that I'm back at college, and my roommate remembered his tv connector, I'm back on the Game Cube working with Pikachus and Jigglypuffs.  :lol

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There are just so many interests and activities I'm gonna forget one.

1. Watch Land Before Time Sequeals[ Did you expect me too not add this? Why else would I be here if I didn't? :D ]

2. Watching Disney movies.

3. Surfing online.

4. Playing my Playstation 2

5. Walking my dog

6. Go too malls.

7. Go too the movies.

8. Buying new DVD'S

9. Watching wrestling on TV.

10. Watching the YES Network. [For those who aren't tuned in on what the YES Network is that's what channel most  of the New York Yankee games are played.]

11. Eating food that would kill me if I ate it every day.

12. Eating candy

13. Drinking soda

14. Roleplaying

15. Just hanging out

16. Bowling

17. Playing sports

18. Watching Football

19. Writing stories/fanfics on my computer

20. Listening too music.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like bowling myself, but our only bowling alley was turned into what was supposed to be a restaurant two years ago, and I have a case of a really bad angle problem... :p

But back to martial arts, I was first degree black belt when I dropped.  There were just too many issues with my dojo and the other instructors that I couldn't learn anymore being with them.  So now I'm going to try and blend what I learned with more Okinawan and Chinese styles...and some Brazilean jujitsu. ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yay bowlers! :D  Columbia 300 bowls the world over.  :lol

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
ah man um I'll make a list

1) I like to play games mainly PC and XBOX, on PC I got ALIENS VERSUS PREDATOR 2 and the extention AVP 2 primalhunt, JURASSIC PARK operation genesis, HALO and for XBOX I got GODZILLA destroy all monsters GODZILLA save the earth HALO 2 ALIENS VERSUS PREDATOR extinction and PREDATOR concrete jungle

2) I like to create monsters and have them either fight other monsters or destroy citys

3) I love to listen to music rock on!!!!!!

4) I LOVE to watch movies what kind of movies I got you ask? I have the land before time(vhs) 1,2,and 6 I got 3 and 4 on dvd I got predator predator 2 alien versus predator alien, aliens, alien 3, and alien ressurrection, independence day, the day after tomarrow, king kong(2005), godzilla king of the monsters, godzilla v.s. hedorah, terror of mechagodzilla, godzilla 1984(vhs), godzilla 2000, godzilla v.s. megaguirus, godzilla against mechagodzilla, godzilla tokyo sos, last action hero, jurassic park 1-3, tremors, star wars triligy, fredy v.s. jason, robot wars(1993), texas chainsaw massicar(new)

5) I like pizza, resses cups, chicken, bbq hotdogs, bbq chicken, bbq burgers,  aaaaahh chicken smuthered in ketchup, excuse me wile I drool

6) drawing monsters and making cool storys mainly war storys

7) TRANSFORMERS!!!

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: RogerRabbit,Apr 18 2006 on  07:59 PM
Yay bowlers! :D  Columbia 300 bowls the world over.  :lol
I haven't bowled in quite a while I used too be on a team but the bowling alley isn't very close so I'd never get any time too go there since I can't drive. I don't think I can ever bowl a 300 I'd be lucky too bowl a 20 over the course of one full game. :lol: