The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello friends!

Topaz · 33 · 4528

Topaz

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi fellow Land Before Time lovers!  My name is Topaz.  I got it because, well, I'm schizophrenic and I've been dating Ruby.  Yes, the Ruby from the TV series.  Well, I picked a sort of blue gemstone to make a nice opposite.  I also would like to say that I have loved these movies since I was a little kid, and I have recently fallen in love with them again.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hello & welcome to the forum.  Are there certain movies you like better then others, besides the first one, since I'm sure we all like the 1st one best of all the 13.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome, Topaz! But tell me, what does schizophrenic have to do with Topaz? An introductory post mentioning "schizophrenia" isn't something that we see often. I'm not judging you, I'm just curious.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time here.  :yes

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF. Hope you enjoy your stay! :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey there! Welcome to the GOF!

Just a question, what does
schizophrenic
mean? :huh:

Hope you enjoy your stay! :wave

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Schizophrenia (the real deal that is) is a medical condition in which the senses of the body don't work right. People who suffer from this see, hear, taste, feel, and smell things that aren't really there. For instance, a schizophrenic person can think everyone around them is bleeding through their skin, they can think that they're talking to someone who isn't really there, and they might think that there are voices taunting them in their heads.

Those are just examples of what could happen. I'm pretty sure each schizophrenic is different, suffering from different illusions. The thing that remains the same is that their sensory abilities have gone haywire. I believe they can take medications to calm their nerves down.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum Topaz :) I like how you picked a different Gemstone to show your affection towards Ruby. I'm Iris :wave

Topaz

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My favorite movie is actually the 5th one, which is ironic, because I fear nothing more than large bodies of water or being stranded on an island in a large body of water.

As for people asking about schizophrenia - DarkHououmon is right.  I see things that don't exist.  And it does vary from person to person.  I have lately been seeing the pink oviraptor Ruby, who is a wonderful... er, person... to be around.

And as for the name Topaz, I thought it would be neat to compare myself to Ruby that way, since she's the reason I'm here.  Another funny thing about schizophrenia is that - in the mirror - I see myself as a blue oviraptor.  For the sake of a new name, I picked Topaz, a blue gemstone/mineral.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ooohhh...that's it. Anyway, glad you're happy around Ruby and I do hope you have a good time here! :)

Topaz

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh, and Mr. Mumbling?  Are you the one involved the the RPG?  I'd like to know, 'cause I just started playing and I don't wanna feel alone...  Plus I really want the oviraptor character!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GOF, Topaz! :DD Nice choice of screen name. I like the idea of fast runners having names themed on precious or semiprecious stones as well.

Quote from: Topaz,Nov 11 2011 on  04:31 PM
Oh, and Mr. Mumbling?  Are you the one involved the the RPG?  I'd like to know, 'cause I just started playing and I don't wanna feel alone...  Plus I really want the oviraptor character!
That would be Ms. Mumbling (or Iris), actually. :p I don't think she has much involvement in the RPG section. Which specific RP are you talking about?

By the way, if you're still wondering about where to post in the GOF, there was a thread started by another new member who wanted to know about how the GOF works, in which I posted a little guide to the GOF of sorts. Maybe that would be helpful to you. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Topaz,Nov 11 2011 on  11:31 PM
Oh, and Mr. Mumbling?  Are you the one involved the the RPG?  I'd like to know, 'cause I just started playing and I don't wanna feel alone...  Plus I really want the oviraptor character!
Yes, I'm a girl as Pangaea stated... But you can't make that up from the username, I know ;) And sadly, I'm not so active in the RP section (I personally think it takes too much time to post there), but I'm sure there are many members here willing to help you out with RPing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are two RPG section, one for strictly LBT relsted stories, and a Random RP section where you can start rps about any tv show or movie you want..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oviraptors are allways welcome here. Have a nice Time around Topaz.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Welcome Topaz  :D I hope you have a great time here!

Topaz

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I thank you all for your welcomes, and I apologize for the gender confusion, Ms. Mumbling (no, I'm not going to drop the Ms.) - I won't make that mistake again until I make it again.

And you guys mistake me.  I said RPG, not RP.  I found this website by going to thelandbeforetimewd dot com, and while there I noticed that somebody made a video game online for LBT.  One of the main people working on it was named Mumbling, and I just thought it may have been the one here.  Perhaps I am wrong.  And yes, I will make sure to keep Ruby in good spirits.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hiya Topaz, and welcome to the GOF :wave!

That's interesting about your case.  I have never known a schizophrenic who not only loves someone other than a human romantically but also sees their reflection as other than what they really look like.  I've pretty much only known the paranoid or the grandoise kind, though I understand that, like autism, there are different levels of severity.  But, you seem like a nice guy and you're not hurting anyone so I see nothing wrong with it ;).  Glad you found us, and feel free to jump in and come adventuring with us :yes.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Topaz,Nov 14 2011 on  05:34 AM
I thank you all for your welcomes, and I apologize for the gender confusion, Ms. Mumbling (no, I'm not going to drop the Ms.) - I won't make that mistake again until I make it again.

And you guys mistake me.  I said RPG, not RP.  I found this website by going to thelandbeforetimewd dot com, and while there I noticed that somebody made a video game online for LBT.  One of the main people working on it was named Mumbling, and I just thought it may have been the one here.  Perhaps I am wrong.  And yes, I will make sure to keep Ruby in good spirits.
 :oops

In that case, yes. Me and Action9000. Over here on this forum, roleplays are actually called roleplay games, but I guess you were actually talking about the computer game. The game creation got cancelled because Action and I broke up, and it was pretty much a team effort.