The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Am I the only one who hates the sounds Sharpteeth make in the later sequels?

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
Because ever since The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water, nearly every sharpteeth (yes, even the tetrapod-like Euparkeria from the beginning of The Great Longneck Migration) make the same, repetitive grunt-grunt-hiss sound, occasionally overlapped with a Jurassic Park T. rex bellow.

It especially doesn't help that the Cool Gray Sharptooth's roar is still the same, even when he roars right at the camera ( https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/landbeforetime/images/e/ed/Gray_sharptooth_roaring.png/revision/latest?cb=20180210185404 ). This is exactly one of the reasons why I don't find Sharpteeth intimidating.

This has to be the laziest sound design ever and even persists into Journey of The Brave. Even Jurassic World: The Game had better sound design.

And don't even get me started on the scene of Journey to Big Water when the Diplodocus Mom, out of all things, literally growled like a jaguar when she cornered Ducky.

Let me know what you think of this little rant.