The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Little University: College is Magic!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Canterlot-Celestia College Dormitories- Move In Day

"WHAT?  WHAT THE BUCK DO YOU MEAN THERE WAS A 'MISTAKE'?!"  

A rather beleaguered-looking receptionist stared fixedly at the blue-furred and rainbow-maned young mare in front of her, the one who had just abruptly interrupted her studying of the assignments for the incoming students.  Clearing her throat, she glanced back at her papers.

"Miss Rainbow Dash, please keep your voice down.  As much as I'm sure that the faculty would approve of separating you, Miss Fluttershy and the young colt you will be rooming with, there are simply no other rooms with any vacancies.  We sincerely apologize and..."

Before she could finish, she was cut off by another outburst from Rainbow Dash.

"LIKE HAY YOU DO!!  I SWEAR IF THIS WASN'T A SCHOOL I'D..."

As Rainbow Dash attempted to continue her rant, a soft, delicate hand on her shoulder made her stop mid-threat as a yellow-furred pegasus with a delicate pink mane peeked out a little.  

"It's fine, Rainbow.  I don't mind, and who knows?  M-maybe we'll make a new friend."

She said in her quiet, melodious voice.  Meanwhile, five floors up, a young male pegasus was lugging a set of luggage rather unsuccessfully down a hallway, finally stopping in front of a door, looking at it, and then sighing to himself and shrugging as he fished for his key card.  Engraved on a placard on the door was the room number, as well as three names.  

ROOM 523
     Rainbow Dash
     Fluttershy
     Bankshot Kickback

Smirking at the last of the three names, he casually grabbed a sheet of paper and a marker, scribbling something down before capping the marker again and going back to the door, taping something over the bottom of the placard.  He stared at it a moment longer, then nodded, shutting the door and moving his things to the corner of the room, hopping onto one of the beds and waiting for his new roommates...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After waiting in line & getting his room number He went straight to his room.  He wondered what his room mates were going to be like.  Once outside the door he paused as he made sure he had the right one.  He used some of his unicorn magic to turn the door knob and open the door.  He stepped inside.  

"SURPRISE!" a female voice said as he walked in.  Then there was confetti flying in the air and a female pony standing in front of him.  You must be our new roommate.  I thought it would be another mare like Twilight and myself.  She would be here but she must be doing something boring like reading a book at the library.  Won't Twilight be surprised to see it's not another mare.  Well I gotta go, can't stand here and talk all day.  I can't get a word in." Pinkie said, without giving him a chance to say anything.  "Here let me help you with that before I go.' She said, taking 2 of his things as if they had no weight and she took them to an unclaimed bed. He walked over there and put his down next to it. He thought he heard a zip  or a whoosh sound.  When he turned around to introduce himself he saw she was gone.  

Where had she gone.  He had not heard the door open or close and how had she gone so quickly & cleaned up so quickly as well.  And looking around he saw all the confetti and party stuff was gone.  He wondered if she was sane or something else.  And he also wondered about her and the twilight she mentioned.  He wasn't aware that this university had co-ed dorms.  He shrugged, maybe it wasn't advertised.  he started to put his stuff away.  

======================

Meanwhile Twilight had arrived earlier and was indeed in the library, her favorite place.  As well as the magic laboratory & classroom that is.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Oh we started?)

~~~

Applejack walked along the corridor,she looked up-Room 500. She knocked on the door before stepping in,at first it seemed vacant. But when she stepped in the room another mare stepped from the bathroom.

Cherry Blossom smiled at Applejack and walked over to her "Hello I'm Cherry Blossom" she said with a slight country accent sticking out her hoof for a shake.

"Applejack" the other mare replied shaking Cherry "Looks like we are gonna be roomies aye?"

Cherry Blossom nodded "Yeah....gee if theres 3 in every room I wonder who else we get".

~

(I honestly don't know who AJ's and Cherry's 3rd roommate is)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash both made their way up to the fifth floor, carrying their bags and such with them.  As they made their way down the hall, Fluttershy squeaked happily when she saw her friend's names on their doors.

"Oh, Rainbow, this is so nice!  All our friends are on the same floor as us!"

She said happily, bouncing up and down a little.  Rainbow Dash chuckled, nodding.  

"Yep.  This may turn out alright after all.  And here we are.  Room 523.  You, me, and...Kickshot, huh?  Guess he can't be all bad with a name like that.  Heck, this might not suck as bad as I figured it was gonna be."

She said, setting her bags down as she slipped her keycard into the door, bumping it open with a wing...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yea, it'll be one big party!" Pinkie said from behind them.  

====================

"Interesting." Twilight said, having moved in earlier she went straight to the library to look up various books on the subjects she was taking that semester and had them piled in front of her on a table.  

She was planning on reading and trying to memorize each one of the books, so she could be prepared.  That was one of the things on her list.  The rest she had already done.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As Pinkie popped up behind them, Fluttershy squeaked and jumped a little, falling forward and bumping into the door, falling into the room amidst a tangle of bags, wings, and limbs atop Rainbow Dash.  
"O-Oh!  Pinkie!  Hi there..."
She whispered shyly, looking over into the room as another soft thud came from within as Kickshot fell off the bed, looking up awkwardly...

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry didn't realize we started.

~

"What do you mean I have to...SHARE?!!" a unicorn demanded.

"You share room 500 with a Miss Cherry Blossom and Applejack" the clerk at the desk said calmly.

"Well..this is inhumane...how will I get my beauty sleep?" Rarity asked horrified.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
From a tangle of bedsheets on the floor, Kickshot disentangled himself, poking his head up over the side of the bed.
"Oh...Hello there!  Name's Kickshot.  Nice to meet you!"
He said, blushing a little...

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Applejack thought for a moment "I sure do wonder" she threw her bag on to an empty bed.

Cherry Blossom sat on her bed "I just hope it ain't a snob" she commented her country accent even more noticable.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"YAY!" Looks like your roomie is here too." Pinkie said obviously very happy & throwing a bit of confetti she got from somewhere with a few streamers.  "Looks like everyone's almost here.  We're just missing a few more."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Flutteshy quickly got to her feet, dusting herself off awkwardly and blushing a little.  
"U-um...yes.  It really is lovely.  I wonder where Twilight and Rarity are.  Oh, and Applejack, too.  Oh, a-and my name is Fluttershy."
She said softly, as Rainbow Dash rolled to her feet, kicking up one of her bags into her hand.
"Right, well, since we got that out of the way, guess it's introduction time.  Name's Rainbow Dash, and this bundle of confetti and energy is Pinkie Pie."
She said, grinning confidently.  Kickshot attempted to get up, managing to entangle himself into his sheets worse and fall back onto the ground, where he stuck his hand up.
"Cool, cool.  A pleasure to meet ya."
He quipped, attempting to disentangle himself with little success...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pinkie rolled her eyes, "Twilight? Knowing her she's likely in some boring place like the library.  I don't honestly see why she'd rather be there then were there's a party going on." Pinkie said.  "Nice to meet you.  One more for the party.  Yay!" Pinkie said.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cherry lay back and pulled out her book,it was just the typical romance novel but Cherry enjoyed those. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Applejack twirling a lasso "Do you mind doing that..like outside?" she asked.

"Why?" Applejack asked before she answered herself and smashed a nearby lamp "Whoops...don't worry sure they'll give us another if we tell them it was an accident" she began to walk out the door "Ya wait here,I'll be right back" she walked slowly down the hall,maybe she'll run into one of her friends,that would be pretty niffy,she began wondering if any of them were room mates with each other.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Rarity walked down the hallway before spotting her friend "Applejack!" she called greeting her "Can you believe it?" she asked as she reached the earth pony "I have to err..SHARE a room!" Rarity shuddered "These room mates better be...clean and tidy I will not live in a pigsty"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Snap Shot put his stuff away then sat down on his bed for a moment to decide what to do.  He thought why not walk around the area a bit to learn the basic layout of nearby areas.  

With that he stood up and walked out the door and down the hallway.  Better to do this now instead of getting lost.   He also was wondering about what his roomates would be like over the semester.