The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is Naruto?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
One of my students watches it, seems to like it a lot.  He said it was about ninjas and training.  Could math be incorporated into this show?  Multiplication or division perhaps? :p :p

What a request, huh? :lol:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah it's an anime. One of my friends knows a lot about it.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I only know of the anime's exsistance, not much about it.

As for incorporating math into it. I think that one of the powers that the characters have is to create clones of themselves, so if you incorporated it into a lesson it would probably be something like "if Naruto makes four copies of himself and half of them are knocked out, how many Narutos are left?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm an anime fan. I love reading the manga. However, I don't know how to incorporate it into mathematics.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Naruto is one of those anime films that isn't doesn't contain as much mature content and subject matter that traditional anime does.  It's not my cup of tea.  It just doesn't have the anime feel.  When I watch it I feel like I'm watching a cartoon, not anime which is one of the reasons I really dislike it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd be afraid to throw this into a lesson plan because there is a significant chance that not all students will be anime/Naruto fans.

If it's just for this one student, sure go for it!  I wan't sure if you were planning on a class activity or something based around Naruto. I personally would advise against that.