The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Wars:The Clone Wars

jedi472 · 18 · 1839

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey. Just wondering what everyone thought about the animated Clone Wars movie that's coming out. Personally, I think it's looks OK, but it doesn't look incredible.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I saw a little 'preveiw' for it. The acting sounded horrible from what I heard. And...what's with saving Jabba's son  :blink: ? Is that what some of the basis of the story is :blink: ?

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, I know. Odd, isn't it? Oh well. It can't be too bad.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I have to say with me being a major Star Wars fan, this movie did spark my interest. And while I have to agree Ptyra about the voice acting that could be heard from the tv trailers, it did sound rather cheesy.  <_<  But the SW fan in me says to at least give it a try...so when it premieres in theaters I'll go and see it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll wait til it's out and see what others say about it, maybe then, maybe not.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'll most likely watch it as I take some interest in the clone wars and there are still "holes" (as in parts of a story not yet told) in the stories of many of the characters who did not feature prominently in the main movies.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
There's no way in Hell, Michigan that I'd ever miss this movie. I mean, come on, it's Star Wars!!! How can you stay away? (This opinion coming from one who's only seen the footage from Comicon and not the theatre trailer)

Only one question: what inspired them to make Shaak Ti (that red skinned chick with zebra head-tails) a main character? She's always come off as rather boring to me.

But whatever, I'll take it. I'm just glad more SW is coming out.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
She isn't Shaak Ti, although they are the same species. Ahsoka Tano is Anakin Skywalker's apperentice in the movie.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Well, she's gonna bite the dust. They can't let her survive to Episode III.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
What I don't get is why they don't use all of the actors from the previous films. Like I know that Samuel Jackson is still the voice of Mace Windu, Christopher Lee is still Count Dooku, and Mathew Wood is still General Grievous. but why not use the same voices for Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Paplatine etc..., although the actor for Anakin is the same from the TV series.

I don't know, it all seems a bit skeptical to me. I mean of course I'll give it a shot because I'm a Star Wars fan, but I don't reall know about this one.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I saw another TV spot, and now I'm really starting to reconsider passing it up.  :rolleyes:

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just saw this movie yesterday; and I was honestly dissapointed with it. Here's my review; entitled...

Has George Lucas Joined the Dark Side?

Let me start with with the beginning of this movie; Warner Brothers instead of 20th Century Fox? What's up with that?; And where the hell was the classic opening sequence ALL OTHER STAR WARS MOVIES have?! Seriously, this movie simply showed the title for the movie, and a man narrated it (vocally). They could have done that part with the classic intro sequences.  :slap  

As for the story itself, it revolves around Anakin, Obi Wan, and Asoka (Anakin's Padawan) going on a rescue mission for (not a senator, fellow Jedi, or anyone else that you would consider critical for the war) but Jabba the Hutt's baby son. :huh: Wow. I think we now officially have a character even worse than the Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks. Other than that, the story really didn't catch my interest; it was pretty predictable. It could have worked slightly better on a TV mini series, but it didn't on the large screen.

Another character I'd like to bring up is Zero the Hutt. It looks like a female, and sounds like a female; but guess what? It's actually Jabba the Hutt's UNCLE. Is Lucas Film now promoting homosexuallity on Star Wars fans?!?!

As for the animation, it was pretty stiff; and the characters look like they were made out of Play Doh.

This may have worked well with very young audiences who are new to the Star Wars universe. But this is a serious blow to huge Star Wars fans who watched all six movies and such.

Final Score: 1.5 out of 5

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
All I have to say about this "movie" is WHY, GEORGE?  WHY?
There's no way in Hell, Michigan that I'd ever miss this movie. I mean, come on, it's Star Wars!!!

Yes, but it is crappy Star Wars.  I've heard people go as far as to say the dreaded Holiday Special was better.  I disagree but this was pretty crappy.  I'll still give the tv series a chance as long as they don't bring back Jabba the Hutt Jr, but this movie was, plain and simply put, s**t!  I mean, the freakin Eragon movie was better.  This is an abomination of the Force!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After reading the reviews, I was like: :x  :x .  No thanks.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've seen it, kinda. Didn't like it. I prefer the 'normal' starwars movies.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
After hearing horrible review after horrible review, I have decided I am abstaining from this movie, and possibly the TV series as well.