The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lylat Tales

Explorer · 868 · 49709

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Bill had been running multiple checks on the shield and groaned in frustration as he realized one simple fact. "I can't find a weak point in those sheilds... but there has to be one... there just HAS to be." he said as he slammed his hand down on the console aboard the Great Fox.

Fay however giggled over the radio as she commented, "Bill relax, you're starting to sound like Peppy before he retired. We'll find a way. We always do." she then smiled as she tried a few more pot shots on the shield. Then she had an idea. "Hey does anyone have any Nova bombs? I know we want to be careful but if our lasers aren't breaking through... then maybe something tougher is needed."

Bill sighed as he gave the idea some thought. "It might work... but we can't be sure." He then asked, "Fox, what do you think?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we've tried l;asers,. which didnt work.. bombing it is worth a tr and bombs are more potent than lasers anyway.' Fox replying ' start using your bombs, if you have any..' fox said '' i dont have any on me at the moment..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fay grinned like a maniac as she pulled a U-turn with her ship and lines up a shot on the shield with her cross-hairs as she replied, "I've got one for ya Fox! Let's see what a bomb can do!" She pushes the launch key on her console and the bomb fires from her ship, speeding towards the shield. The moment the bomb detonated the air around the shield shook as the shield itself rippled for a moment but stayed standing.

"Dang it!" cried Bill as he watched the read out from the Great Fox. "I was sure that was going to work." he said dejectedly.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we need to keep it up.. send more bombs' Fox said. as katt and krystal came up to him.. ' we all fire at once, see if that works.' Katt said ' its worth a try Krystal said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Got it Fox, all ships I'm sending you guys Smart bombs in bulk." said Bill as he flipped a switch sending the supplies down to the planet and to his comrades. "Every gather as many as you can and then tell me when everyone is ready."

Fay smiled. "Thanks Bill, you may get a kiss for this when the fighting is over." she said with a light blush as she piloted her fighter towards one of the arriving ammo crates with the Smart bombs. "Alright, I've got a full set here Bill. How's everyone else?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm got 7 Fox Said. I've got 8' Katt Replied . I've got 4 Krystal said. ' lets hit that thing with everything we;ve got' Fox rasdioed to them. ' bombs away' he said, releasuing his first bomb.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bill had taken the time to align the Great Fox with shield covering the base they were trying to get into, charging almost all of the power he could muster into the forward cannons. After confirming a target lock he gave the order. "All ships FIRE!!!" He then pushed the command button on the console, firing the main cannons straight down onto the shield.

Fay heard the order and fired all her collected smart bombs at once in rapid succession straight ahead at the shield in front of her hoping against hope that this would actually work. "Please let this work! We need it to." she whispered to herself.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
fox fired all of his bombs as the entire group fired on the defenses. the shields evaporated from the combined bombs and laser fire and the station began to erupt as the remaining bombs struck it.. ' keep firing !' Fox said as they saw more bombs impact the base.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: