The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 85237

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Why thanks Jared! You're quite handsome yourself. I'm called ugly most of the time just because I'm black.  :rolleyes: And I'm doing great! Thanks to Mr. Pterano here." She smiled at the red flyer, who stood up in pride. She had to admit. Pterano was one very handsome flyer.

"Oh, it was nothing." the red flyer replied.

Sierra just scoffed in annoyance. "Girls and their stupid mini crushes on Pterano!" (:lol I just had to put that in there! I couldn't resist!)
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
[Just a quick thing to bring some of my characters into the story. They aren't in really close proximity to you guys, so you don't know they are there, I'm just getting them int the plot]

Not too far away, another crested flyer perched atop a tall mountain peak. Halfway between adulthood and childhood, he was a grey-brown colour, with an orange belly. Looking out at the Beyond with bright green eyes, he barely moved as a figure clambered up behind him.

"Ah, Tero. I knew you'd be here."

Tero looked back at the figure, not saying a word. Looking out accross the vast wastelands and mountains, something felt off to him.

"What's up? Somethin' new?"

Tero nodded silently, as the figure leaned against a rock, careful not to bend the vast sail on his back. "Well, don't spend too long up here, we were gonna go visit Zin, remember?"

The shadowy figure retreated, leaving Tero alone with his thoughts.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Above the heads of the group of flyers and their new friend, stormy clouds darkened the sky. The cave began to echo with the rumble of thunder.

Glancing outside, Luke kicked his tail nervously. "Uh, I don't want to rush you guys, but we still don't have any food, and the weather looks like it's taking a turn for the worst. Pterano, do you know where we could get something to eat? When I'm hungry, I can get grumpy."  
He shifted his gaze to Artie. "Or maybe you know someplace we could go?"

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"I sure do!" Artie said, standing up with pride. "Fallow me!"

So they took off as Artie led them over the Big Water. "Down there!" She pointed at the Big Water below them. "This Big Water has the best tasting fish ever!"

"Hey, I remember this place!" Pterano exclaimed. "It's been quite a while since I last came here."
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared was new to this Big Water. He was also getting hungry like Luke.

"Really? I've never been to this Big Water before, Pterano. But, If it's got good fish, that's great! Because I'm getting hungry, too." said Jared, hovering over the big water as his stomach growled.

"Hey, this is the first time that Luke and I have ever eaten with you guys!" he pointed out to Pterano, Rinkus, and Artie. Jared was excited. This was going to be fun.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, let's not waste any more time!" Luke cried out, "Those fish won't wait for us!" Angling his body downwards, he shot towards the water. As he got nearer, the dark shapes of the fish wriggled enticingly. "You're gonna make a great snack," Luke grinned excitedly.

Just before he hit the water, Luke opened his mouth wide. Sensing him, the fish darted to the side. Unable to stop himself, he continued into the water and bit down on a rock just below the surface instead. "Gah!" he shrieked as he re-emerged and scrambled out red-faced, rubbing his beak, "I'd forgotten how quick they are!"

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano flew down, taking a fish in his beak. "They not as fast once you get used to them. How about you give it a try, Aritie?"

"Gladly!" She flew down to grab not one, but a beak full of fish. "Delicious!" she said with her beak full.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Then, Jared dove down to the water and saw a bunch of fish. "I've got you now!" he said with a grin. He dove his head in and grabbed some...

Jared caught four fish. "Yum! Yum!" he happily said with a full beak. Then, he swallowed the delicious, meaty, fishy goodness.

"Absolutely delicious! I got four fish. Not bad, eh?" he said happily.

But then, Jared frowned, and told everyone, "Aww, It's too bad Luke didn't catch any fish. I don't want him to go hungry, do you?"

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"No, we wouldn't. " Pterano replied before diving down for some extra fish and then bringing up a mouth full of them. He put two of them into his hand. "Here ya go, Luke! Fresh out of the Big Water!"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Luke took the fish and grinned sheepishly. "Thanks, Pterano. To be honest, I've never been that good at catching fish. It looks like you guys have me beat." With two quick snaps of his beak, he ate both the fish. "I'm good at eating them though," he said, as he scratched his tail contentedly.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano just shrugged, sending Luke a smile. "Ah, it's okay! I stunk at catching fish too when I was your age."

"Sure you did," Rinkus told him sarcastically, smirking.

Pterano gave him a "Dude, seriously?" glare as Rinkus just laughed. "Okay, maybe I could fish a little. But I couldn't even get them into my mouth!"

"Pterano, you were able to fit five of the fish into your mouth by the time you were twelve!" Rinkus pointed out.

"Chee, you're no help." Pterano sighed. He was just trying to make Luke feel better but Rinkus just had to ruin it. Rinkus just laughed.

"It's okay," Rinkus assured the green flyer, patting him on the back. "We never start out good, now do we?"

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared agreed with Rinkus. "No, we don't. I wasn't a good fisher at first either, but i'm much better at it now."

"Say Rinkus, why don't you go next? Can you show Luke and I how you catch fish? We'd love to learn from a fellow long tailed flyer like you."

Then, Jared noticed Rinkus's fat belly. "Wow, you've got a big, fat, belly. You must be GREAT at catching fish, buddy!" Said Jared happily to his pink friend with a smile on his beak. "I want to get a big, fat, belly just like yours!"

Seeing Rinkus's big, fat belly made Jared think that Rinkus caught LOTS of fish in one meal, and he also knew Rinkus could help Luke with catching fish.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Eh, no problemo boys!" With that the pink flyer flew down and caught as many fish he could in his mouth. "Fish is on me tonight!" With that he flew back to the cave with Pterano and the others fallowing.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Tero hovered on an air current, just above the cave where the other flyers were headed. Diving down to a nearby ledge, he watched the gang of flyers swoop down into the cave in the mountain.

Diving down to where his friend stood on a nearby ledge, he pointed to the cave. The other looked with a claw to his brow, as he watched the flyers enter the cave.

"Ah, so that was it. C'mon Tero, let's check it out."

He made to leave but noticed Tero was not following him.

"Hey, c'mon! We'll go visit Zin later okay? Who knows, maybe those flyers will want to meet them too."

With that, Tero and this strange figure headed down the side of the mountain towards the cave.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Inside the cave, Luke accepted another fish from Rinkus and sat down, chewing it. "Thanks again for helping us to find food. Me and Jared haven't eaten this well for a while."

Swallowing the last of the fish, he sighed with satisfaction. "I think..." he started. Then he stopped and cocked his head. From the darkness outside, the sound of beating wings drifted into the cave. "Were you guys expecting anyone?" he asked, glancing at Pterano, Rinkus and Sierra in puzzlement.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"No not really,  :blink: " Pterano replied before turning to Rinkus and Sierra. "Were you two?"

"No not really," Rinkus replied.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
****Cast Change: Pterano (the user) is now playing Rinkus and Sierra in place of Trulyfantasticme****

Jared was a little scared. He grabbed his tail.  :unsure: "W-w-well, Pterano and Rinkus, if you weren't expecting any company, then w-w-who or WHAT could be out there?" :blink: said Jared, as his wings trembled.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Oh the heck if I know." Artie said, shrugging.

"Beats me." Pterano added, also shrugging his shoulders. "Shall we go find out?"

Every one just stepped back, all frightened. "Okay, I guess that leaves me." Pterano spreaded his wings. "HELLOOOOOOOOO!!!!" He shouted before flying towards the strange creatures.

"But Pterano! What if they're sharpteeth?" Artie called after him.

"I'll beat them up then!" Pterano shouted back at her before continuing to fly over to the strange flyers. "I'll be fine! I promise!"

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sierra rolled his eyes as Pterano flew out of the cave. "Well, he's sure grown a spine, hasn't he?" the flyer asked, a tad sarcastically.

Rinkus shook his head, and placed his hands comfortingly on Jared's shoulders, as the pink rhamphorhynchus could see that his new friend was agitated. He took note of the way Jared twisted his tail, and stammered, in addition to the shudders passing through Jared's wings.

"Now, now. I'm sure it will be OK." he gave Jared's shoulders a few pats to try and reassure him, and get his trembling under control. "Pterano will go out and look, and then we'll find out for ourselves exactly what's out there. I wouldn't get too scared just yet. Let's wait and see, shall we? Try and calm yourself a little." he continued to pat Jared's shoulders, and looked towards the mouth of the cave, squinting to see if Pterano had discovered anything yet, though the red flyer was, unfortunately, out of sight at the moment.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared listened to the pink flyer, and calmed down.

"Thanks, Rinkus. I'm not as scared, now. I'm glad you care about me, buddy." said Jared, as he smiled and pat Rinkus on one shoulder. He really liked Rinkus.

He thought Rinkus was very friendly, kind and caring. The pink flyer was going to be such a great friend for him to have. Then, the tan flyer thought about Pterano and what he may have found outside the cave, and said...

"Hmm... I wonder what Pterano saw?"