The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 75314

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It looks like you can still download the file. Go ahead; it's a safe file. You can also report it as safe. Personally I don't use Internet Explorer. I use Opera and Firefox, usually Firefox for downloading.

And it looks like I was wrong about the bad grammar, seeing how the message actually looks. Looks like it's just IE's filter.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 13 2010 on  11:43 AM
It looks like you can still download the file. Go ahead; it's a safe file. You can also report it as safe. Personally I don't use Internet Explorer. I use Opera and Firefox, usually Firefox for downloading.

And it looks like I was wrong about the bad grammar, seeing how the message actually looks. Looks like it's just IE's filter.
Samething came up again, even after I reported it as safe. I'm not going to risk it. I had a friend download a similar file, his whole system crashed, everything in his computer was deleted, pics, music, favorites, log ins, etc.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Well I am telling you now the file is perfectly safe. Other people have downloaded it with no trouble. There's no way the file is infected. It's perfectly safe I'm telling you. Your friend likely downloaded a file that really was infected, however the file you tried to download is not. I have downloaded it myself and it was never reported as infected, and no it is not possible for the same file to somehow get infected once it's online; someone would need to take the file, somehow infect it, and reupload it and even then they cannot use the same link; a new link would be needed.

EDIT: I just downloaded the file again, extracted the files, put them into a folder, and scanned it with first Malwarebytes and then Vipre. Both of them did not report any infection. I doubt Superantispyware will think there's anything infected either, and Comodo Firewall did not report any malicious activity being caused by these files.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Jumping + not losing energy will be removed later, but is nice now especially for testing purposes
That makes sense, seeing how im using it all the time.

Did the save feature get removed? Im just wondering because none of the characters ive made have been saving.

And Tim, you must have been tired of all the people saying theres glitches when you go out of bounds becuase that water goes on forever!

I guess that gives us a better reason to sing Big Water :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The save feature has not been removed, it should save your characters every time you go back to the main menu or close the game. Maybe not the main menu, but closing the game should work for saving your characters 100%, as well as completing an adventure.

Go to the folder where you have put all the game files and make sure there is a 'Save' folder there. Create a new one and name it that way in case it is not.

That's not really a glitch, we just don't have any more maps :D

And if you did not know... This is Iris reporting from Tim's house, so tim is sitting right next to me :)

@Scrattelover:

No we cannot make the game run online, it is an EXE file therefore not compatible with browsers, and we're not going to learn java or flash.

Turn off your firewall and try downloading again. Otherwise contact Landbeforetimelover since the file is located on his server.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The save feature has not been removed, it should save your characters every time you go back to the main menu or close the game. Maybe not the main menu, but closing the game should work for saving your characters 100%, as well as completing an adventure.
Yea its working now.

That's not really a glitch, we just don't have any more maps
Yea i know, i just remember that people would keep going out of bounds, but now the water seems to go on forever. I was determined to find the edge of the water but i finally gave up after going for i don't know how long (you can see how far the land was in that pic). I was just screwing around.

I did notice though that sprint jumping while along side a steep slope causes your character to jump really high sometimes.

Guido

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LBT.de.nr
Hi wan Comming the new Version ? Versuche ein wenig Englisch zu schreiben ‹bung macht den meister :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not anytime soon. We're working on something else right now.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey all!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the game project is not dead.  I found a need to recode a ton of stuff to resolve some fundamental bugs in our system, as well as making it easier to expand in the future.  

I should have some time to get this worked on in the near future and I will keep everyone posted!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just to let you know the major things being worked on at this point:

Implementation of the nVidia PhysX physics engine, which has been tested and working nicely for natural objects (rocks, etc.) :D

Hugely-improved collision detection, including the ability to land in trees as a flyer, etc. (the fundamental reason why all this recoding is necessary - to fix collision on the y-axis)

More stable online play.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Feb 10 2011 on  03:59 AM
Implementation of the nVidia PhysX physics engine, which has been tested and working nicely for natural objects (rocks, etc.) :D
:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD !!!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, that sounds awesome! can't wait to do some serious testing once this has all been implemented  :DD.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Great job action! I wish I knew how to code as well as you do!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This project is canceled until further notice. The development team has been disbanded.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
That's really sad news...  :( It looked pretty well.  :cry

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that :( I was kinda interested in this game when I heard about it a couple months ago.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Im little green glyder :J

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Puddingchor it's silly.
I thought that this will be something that 2d games can do yourself. But 3D is not everyday life. :cry  :cry  :cry

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Im little green glyder :J,May 16 2011 on  12:04 AM
Puddingchor it's silly.
I thought that this will be something that 2d games can do yourself. But 3D is not everyday life. :cry  :cry  :cry
Its true, it was quite an undertaking. I think it would have been possible, given a team of a few dedicated people, but it's more than I can do by myself.

I'm likely going to spend more time on my 'classic' hobby of music, or perhaps much smaller programming projects.