The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello, nice to meet you

SkyColor-TreeSweets

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Let me introduce myself as a longtime fellow fan of The Land Before Time series as well as of movies and TV in general. I often visit the IMDB boards to talk about movies with other online fans, but on that site, I didn't have anyone to chat about the LBT series with, because except for the board of the original, all the boards of the LBT movies there are not very active. Which was a shame, because being such a long series there was plenty to talk about.

So I went looking for another site recently, and found The Gang of Five. I have been hanging around reading it for a while, especially liking the General Discussion Board, and I must say I think this is one of the friendliest (and most polite and least opinionated :) ) forums I have encountered on the Internet. I didn't join before because I didn't think I would have much time to actually become a talking member but now I think I would like to try. My username on IMDB is rainbow-honey so when I came here in reference I translated that into the "Land Before Time language" and made up SkyColor-TreeSweets (the latter half being the closest variant I could think of :smile ) as a username.

Anyways, this is getting kind of lengthy, so here I am. I hope that you will like having me and I will make good friends with you.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Hey SkyColor-TreeSweets, welcome to the GOF  :D You said you're a movie fan, are there any genres you enjoy in particular?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey there and welcome to the Gang of Five! :wave :) I'm Iris! Hope to see you around! I like your username by the way!

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome with us, and I second that your username is very unique! :smile

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.  You'll see there's lots of threads for you to post to.   Neat idea for a name you came up with.  

Do you have any favorite movies & characters, LBT & or non lbt?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Now you're just flattering us.  :p :smile We do have a few avid followers of the seventh art here. So, you're in good company. I'm not a movie buff myself, but I'm always glad to see someone interested in LBT join us. So, have a look around and enjoy your stay.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't normally say hi to new members because I'm lazy,  but your username made me seek out your Welcome page in hopes of an explanation for your unique moniker.

Welcome to the Gang of Five! Have fun and post lots  :wave

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us SkyColor-TreeSweets :)
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community :yes
Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own.

SkyColor-TreeSweets

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, thank you for all the welcomes  :wave I don't know yet if I could reply to you all individually so I will do so in a post one by one

@ bushwacked- Hello. No genres in particular, I generally could work with anything I view. Unless animation counts as a genre; I mostly like all the animated movies I see. The rest of them drama, fantasy, sci-fi, action, etc, may be either hit or miss with me. Maybe my views might change when I become older or something.

@ Mumbling - Hi Iris!
  :wave I hope to see you around too.

@ Pterano- Aww, thank you I'm glad you like my username. I like yours as well as I also love Pterano.  

:)

@ Kor- No favorite movies because it is hard for me to choose favorites a lot of the time. My very favorite Land Before Time characters are the five protagonists although I like- most of all the characters in general.

@jansenov- I mean it; people on this site hardly argue when they disagree. On IMDB-and on other forums I have seen- it's quite different, sometimes annoyingly so.

Thank you and I'm glad to hear. I wouldn't call myself a movie expert either, just a movie fan, who likes them and still has a lot to learn, and so I'm happy to meet and talk to other film buffs.

@LettuceBacon& Tomato- I like your "LBT" username too. :D
If you want the longer explanation of the original name behind this name, it goes something like this: I was thinking of how I wanted other people to view me when they talked to me (when I was signing up for IMDB some years back), and I thought that I wanted them mostly to see me as a person who is colorful (as in interesting) and sweet (as in kind).  So I thought up a name that would-playing on some puns- express being "colorful" and "sweet" and came up with rainbow-honey.

Thank you for the greetings and I'll try to have more time to post.

@ Malte- Thank you it's a pleasure to meet you.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Always absolutely wonderful to see new members join the forums! I really like your username, it's very creative.  :DD

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :wave It is always nice to see a new member.  I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With so many movies I can see it being hard to pick even 20 or 30 favorites.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Hello and welcome.
Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: SkyColor-TreeSweets,Feb 12 2014 on  06:00 PM
@ Pterano- Aww, thank you I'm glad you like my username. I like yours as well as I also love Pterano.
Nice to see a fellow Pterano fan here! :smile Hope you enjoy your stay! :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF :wave

You sure were more creative in choosing a cool name than I was  :exactly  I hope you'll enjoy the forum.
Inactive, probably forever.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm late but welcome to the forums. You'll enjoy it here!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hi there, and welcome to the GOF. Have a pleasant stay. :wave

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Welcome! Hope you have fun :).
8 years with TGOF :yum